Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#941 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 08-14-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHayleyDoll View Post
WOAH. Lovie, I did not know you had that in you. xD

I don't know if s!*ts is the proper word for that kid... they sound more like a brat, but I didn't see the kid. Maybe she was a little sl*t, I'll take your word for it.
Lol, that sentence was more covering the broad of today's society rather than the brat. The day that happened I was dealing with self entitlement on Facebook as well. Breast feeding. Totally 100% for it in public. However I don't think breast feeding mothers have a right to whip out their nipples uncovered. So I was already irritated with people thinking everyone should cater to their wants. Never mind they expect everyone to turn their heads/leave if they don't want to see nipples/breast. Just as long as they don't have to be inconvenienced everyone else should bare that burden. Gah! Frustrating. Before I get jumped on here, I'm pro breast feeding in public, but I don't believe nursing covers and modesty are optional.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 08-14-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#942 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-15-2013, 06:43 AM

That's exactly what I think. Not to mention that mothers have been feeding their children for hundreds of years without feeling the need to whip out their bo'obs in public.

My first sister in law breastfed but never in public. She said she didn't feel the urge to attract a peanut gallery and it was a private thing. I agree with her. Even inside, she still didn't whip them out.

When women do that out in public, I imagine them to be thinking, "ME ME ME I'M FEEDING MY BABY LOOK AT MEEEE!" and then getting annoyed cuz people look. It's all very well to say "Don't look!" but once you've seen, you can't unsee and it's quite possible to be discreet.

I once saw a woman feeding her baby on a park bench; I knew what she was doing cuz I've seen my sister in law, but for those not in the know it would have seemed as tho she was just giving her baby a skin to skin cuddle.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#943 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-16-2013, 11:58 PM

F*ck. Worker's. Unions. F*ck. Seniority. And. Tenure.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#944 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 08-17-2013, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
F*ck. Worker's. Unions. F*ck. Seniority. And. Tenure.
What'd they do now?

I appear to be wasting time running around the internet when I planned to divide my hours up evenly today and work productively.

Pff, who needs organisation anyway?

EDIT: Oh, and whenever I go looking for hard-sci-fi explanations for various powers like PK or how one would go about opening a rift into an alternate universe all I can find is rubbish from quacks who think that psychokinesis actually exists and that they can do it or arcane nonsense from forty-somethings trying to bring some spice into their lives by claiming to be able to teleport on the internet.

Yeah, that's really really really annoying. The interwebs need more theoretical physicists and less deranged lunatics.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant

Last edited by AaronShadows : 08-17-2013 at 04:44 AM.
(#945 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 08-17-2013, 10:39 PM

RUDE GENERATION!!!! Gah! When I was a kid I was taught to move out of the way of adults. Here I am struggling to juggle a handful of stuff and push the stroller one handed and not a single kid moves out of the way. Not a one! I vehemently refuse to raise my daughter like that. She's young and spry and will move her butt out of the way of elders and most especially people with their hands full.

I just can't get over it. I just can't. Why are children today such brats?!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#946 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-17-2013, 10:46 PM

Because children are now raised by children and feel like they are entitled to everything under the sun.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#947 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-18-2013, 08:59 AM

Yeah, cuz a lot of parents raise their children to think that they're precious snowflakes and refuse to say "no" to them cuz it might damage their precious self esteem.

(#948 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-18-2013, 12:02 PM

Don't forget the part where some schools have stopped giving out failing grades because "there are no such thing as losers." Uh-huh. Tell that to the real world and the people that get left behind because of money or where they're from. And the whole nonsense of giving participation ribbons for EVERYTHING...even sports competitions between two teams...the winners aren't even allowed to be proud of winning.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#949 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-18-2013, 01:26 PM

Its ridiculous! Not only are we creating a society of entitled people but we are now getting rid of competition. This will end up cutting our innovation and creativity because if there is no reward for creativity and innovation when why do it?

America has become especially bad in this. With No Child Left Behind, it scr*wed our schools up. Its all just bs.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#950 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-19-2013, 12:48 PM

Laundry, please make yourself clean without my assistance xD There's just SO MUCH of you...I ain't got no time for that!

Av/Sig set: Lovie