Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#861 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Sorry I'm such a Scrooge this year... - 12-26-2011, 01:29 AM

Christmas s.u.ck.ed this year. Fake tree, no snow, fake fire, no presents, no attempt at trying to put up stockings, I know I should be grateful, and I feel all the worse for just hating everything right now. I've been complaining all day and making my family feel bad, but I'm sorry, I'm depressed about it and I need to say how upsetting it is. It feels even worse that it LOOKS like it should, the fake tree is pretty and all, but it doesn't smell like a real tree, we didn't even bother cleaning the parts of the house that needed it most, every things a mess, it's cold but not snowy, the weather is wrong, and it just FEELS so artificial, and worse because it IS artificial but we tried to make it look real but it's not real at all and we all know it and it just plain sucks. Bah humbug! I hate feeling like this. I do want to be merry and jolly etc etc but this is a horrible, terrible, awful, no good holiday season. Economy, weather, everything just lain sucks. And to make it worse, by birthday is in about a week, so that's probably gonna suck too cause it's not like we can afford to celebrate anything...I should be grateful that, as my brother put it, "we're not all dead", but you know....I just can't. In all those movies and specials we watch, people always get SOMETHING no matter how much they talk about the true meaning of Christmas. I'm such an awful greedy person...but I have a feeling the reason other people don't get greedy is that their greed gets sated. Getting absolutely nothing because we are broke as all get out? It. Totally. Su.ck.s.

Okay, now that that poison is (hopefully) expelled from my system, maybe I can try lifting my spirits and being generous and nice now...Merry Christmas!

Av/Sig set: Lovie

Last edited by belladoggy : 12-26-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#862 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 01-03-2012, 01:00 AM

Not so much a GRRR as a WTF.

So my manager's two bosses - L and M - are father and son, respectively. L has run the company for years, but his son M is slowly taking over. This is not a good thing. M runs it like it's his personal library and doesn't really care how it looks as long as we get stuff out - until Macy's starts complaining. The branch I work in is in a Macy's so we've got TWO people to listen to - J and M.

I've never actually met J apart from running into him, and me being me I have no fear of people and I introduced myself, was friendly and polite. I may have completely flabbergasted the man because as far as I know, he has never come back into our area again after that. Or if he has, he's intimidated by my outright cheerfulness since he seems to take pride on upsetting people, from what I've heard.

Anyway, so M took a vacation and is supposed to be back soon this week. We're basically hauling butt to make sure he doesn't get angry. All books out: Check. Returns started: Check.

Manager tells me, Don't talk back to him.

Me, I'm all WTF. O_o I may be chatty with my coworkers - including her, since we're basically all the same level (she was hired as a manager but still does everything we do), but never in a defiant way, just as fun or as idea tossing since we do that to each other on a regular basis (even if Nathan doesn't banter back, just shrugs), so I don't really know where this is coming from. I've also apparently been "short" with customers on the phone and the only time I can think of where I have been this way was with an extremely irritating woman demanding to speak to my manager even though she wasn't there; we were about to close. -.-;

But I can honestly say I haven't had any uberbad experiences. I had one woman come up in a foul mood and she left laughing and smiling because I was able to fix her problem. I'm seriously irritated with the fact that anybody would think I'm being rude; this might be my first paying, official job but it's not the first time I've run customer service for something. -__-

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#863 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Angry 01-03-2012, 09:36 PM

Doesn't it just tick you off when someone submits a doll that has nothing related to do with the contest?! I mean come on!

(#864 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-03-2012, 09:53 PM

I can beat that; for one of my contests, the Sexy Christmas one, one person had the utter nerve to enter the exact doll I'd made for the contest picture.

(#865 (permalink))
Old
naruto_fan (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 12 Votes / 4.25 Average
Default 01-15-2012, 01:08 AM

I'm so mad at everything, esp at myself. Am I just wasting my time loving someone who already most likely moved on? I'm sorry that I care about you, I'm sorry I love you. I guess you dont care anymore, but I dont know. If you dont care then tell me, its better than just sitting here not wanting to find someone else and move on becuase I love you too much. I'm sorry he played wiht my feelings and I broke up with you becuase I thought I had feelings fro him. It's my fault. I'm sorry I still love you. Ugh! Why the **** is love so hard. *slams head against wall*

"Ever since I can remember, became aware of my surroundings,
there are a lot of other Idol groups out there.
But... it's no good if it's not Morning Musume,
if it's not Morning Musume I don't want to be a part of it."

Gif Credit
(#866 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 01-16-2012, 03:46 PM

Arguing in a relationship can actually be healthy, but sometimes... ugh. I don't blame him, because I can become an absolutely crazy tyrant. Our apartment is crazy messy, and it's partially my fault, but mostly his. He leaves his clothes all over the floor, his CDs and his pop cans all over the place, and he does this while sitting around playing video games online with his buddies. I got so angry today and just went on a cleaning rage. He was like, "Oh, I'll help you out when I'm finished this." and I basically told him to go f*ck himself and that I'd do it myself like I ALWAYS do anyway because he never cleans sh*t. He says he does, but his idea of cleaning is literally pick up a couple empty cans and move all the dirty clothes into a corner. I don't mean to get so upset over something so stupid, but I'm not his mother, I expect him to act like a grown man and, you know, pick up after himself. I love video games and talking to friends too, but if he tells me to do something I do it. If I tell him to, he usually gets distracted playing video games and never does it until I yell at him.

Men. >_> I love the guy, I just really wish he would clean up sometimes so I don't have to feel embarrassed over how messy my apartment is and can actually invite people over.
(#867 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Angry Freakin Dumb - 01-17-2012, 09:09 PM

I know this has probably been said quite a few times, but it seriously ticks me off when someone rates ones. I worked on a nice butterfly doll and someone gave IT A FREAKIN ONE!! I mean it may not be awesome, but COME ON!

(#868 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 01-17-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eros View Post
I know this has probably been said quite a few times, but it seriously ticks me off when someone rates ones. I worked on a nice butterfly doll and someone gave IT A FREAKIN ONE!! I mean it may not be awesome, but COME ON!
I think someone is trolling around the contest because the exact same thing happened to me. :/

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."
(#869 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 01-17-2012, 11:58 PM

God. I seriously sometimes can't stand my best friend. Okay, who's been here the whole entire time since she first found out her boyfriend was moving? ME!
Who was there all day for her on his last day, even if she started hitting them? ME.
Who gets yelled at by her when I send her a text that just says '...' because she didn't give a crap about what they had to say? ME.
Okay, honestly. I'm sorry your boyfriend moved. I know it's hard for you, but get over yourself. People have other problems too. It's not all about you. Just because you had a crappy day(which you also got your first kiss on, mind you) doesn't give you the right to be a royal b****. Honestly, I wonder why I'm even friends with her.
Like seriously it's like she expects me to be her sidekick all the time. It's always 'Delaney & Clare' never 'Clare & Delaney'. I am so sick and tired of it. I'm not just some sort of stupid best friend in your movie, jerk. No. This is my freaking life. My freaking movie. In my world, you're the sidekick. So quit treating me like one.

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#870 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Default 01-19-2012, 03:28 PM

Dagnabit, why is it so hard to get a job? I just want a measly little minimum wage job on campus because I can't drive (no car) and I need to pay for the ridiculous overly priced food here. Oh, you don't have federal work study? you're sol. Oh, you wanted to work when? We can't help you; try this summer! Grr. All I need is a way to pay but I can't and it's so frustrating ti makes me want to cry and grind my teeth and jeez, who knew finding an on comps job at community college would be so freaking difficult? Sorry I've never worked before; I had no time. Oh, you've never worked before? Sorry, you're not experienced enough to get a job. Shoulda done it in high school because now you'll never find one. Grr.

Av/Sig set: Lovie