Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#841 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-04-2011, 10:25 AM

Your friend sounds like a complete cretin, and she might end up at the very least suffering a severe disappointment (ie, cuz she's never met him, he might be in a relationship already; still living at home; a complete d*ckhead who ends up ditching her or driving her to ditch him) or at the worse, end up abused, raped or dead. Is there anyone who can talk some sense into this moron before she potentially throws her whole life down the toilet?

While I do not believe that anyone deserves to be abused or raped, some women really make me angry cuz they deliberately put themselves in danger. Talking to someone on the phone or chatting on Facebook is NOT the same as meeting a person face to face and knowing that they're all they say they are.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#842 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 08-04-2011, 06:49 PM

When has it even been justified to send someone a message over Facebook because they didn't invite you to their B'nai Mitsvah? Oh thats right, its never been. Someone I know messaged me on Facebook because I didn't invite her. It wasn't because I don't like her, its because I don't know her that well. Yes, we did have two classes together but we barely ever talked. And I'm sure it was my other friend who I invited that told it or mentioned it to her. Not only does it make me feel guilty, it also assures me that I did the right decision by not inviting her. She's never invited me to any of her parties, so why invite her to mine?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#843 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-05-2011, 09:23 PM

WTF. I've been searching for my books all summer, figuring they are hiding in a box in the basement. Well, I've officially searched every box in the basement. Half of my book collection has mysteriously vanished, which leads me to believe that my father donated them all without my permission. If so, its going to cost me at least $300 to replace them all at their cheapest prices and all paperback. The majority of those books were hardcovers and some were special, very expensive deluxe editions which are now gone for good. FML over and over and over again.

Edit: woooo, panic officially over. They were way in the back in a place I never thought anyone would want to put my hardcovers. The top shelf in a difficult to reach spot, so blehhhh. At least I found them, there is way more than I thought and this would've jumped the cost of replacing up to probably $1000.

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 08-05-2011 at 09:45 PM.
(#844 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-07-2011, 05:32 PM

I'm not sure if I'm mad or sad about this.

Soo I just broke up with my now ex-boyfriend. Yeah part of me still likes him but it's just what was best for me. Except my "best friend" has just recently gotten kinda close to him I guess and she's always talking about the stuff he helps her with and junk but I don't want to talk about him because I want to get over him. So I tried telling her that and talking about it, but she got all mad and started saying she never talks about him and that i shouldnt try to get over him because basically thats something she isnt capable of doing, so apparently im not capable of it either. I asked her to try and understand that i didnt want to get back together with him because i broke up with him for a reson, and she said she was being understanding but since we were texting I couldn't hear how sincere she was(bs btw.)
So I got mad and told her I thought we needed a break, because basically this constant irritation I get from her has been going on for a while. She didn't take it to well and got really upset.
I feel horrible because she's been my best friend since like the first day of 7th grade, but for the rest of the summer I don't want to deal with her drama and junk. I love her, but I need my space. And I want her to understand that. But I don't think she will. And idk what to do because school starts on the 17th, nd I think we're carpooling. I'm just really upset with the whole thing. I love her, really I do. But ugh she's really infuriating.

Liikkeee in 7th grade she was telling everyone she's been to Hawaii six times, and when I asked her about it she said it was 3 and when I told her she had said earlier it was six she goes "No I never did that!" she like, always changes her story and gets mad when you tell her she said it differently before.

And she tends to be a little selfish, like I mean with some stuff I understand but other stuff just makes no sense to me. Like particularly with guys.

She also tries to kinda run my life. Idk if she realizes it, but that's how she makes me feel a lot of the time. We're both religious, but when I get in fights with my other friends and try to talk to her about it, she basically tries to make me do what she would do and it's just...annoying.

And she gets very jealous of me. I mean that sounds snotty, but she tells me that all the time. Like, sure. A few guys like me, great! But they usually happen to be the guys she likes and she gets really upset. And last week at youth group, I didn't want to hang out with her and her boyfriend because personally I don't really like him, so I wanted to hang with my other friends. And like when it was over I was walking around with one of my other friends having a really important conversation, and she calls and is like all peeved and goes "um I have to go now."(we go to youth group together and leave together) so I had to cut my conversation short with my it her friend and leave. So yeah. I'm kinda done.

Whew it feels good to type all that out xD

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#845 (permalink))
Old
ColorPencil (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-07-2011, 06:22 PM

Marianas Trench "fans", thanks for making Josh really upset. He's now saying that he shouldn't be your idol and he is really sad. He's not a freaking Disney star and you have to watch his every move like a parent. Josh is a legal adult and he can do what he wants, we aren't his parents. He doesn't live to role model ideas that normal people don't have to. Now there is an argument between trenchers and you ruining shizzz. LEAVE THE FANBASE NO ONE WANTS TO SEE YOUR FACE. UGH DSKFJSKLDFJSHDFNSDFSNFHKUEFHDUISHF

why do people in the trench fam make me so angry it rips me in two.

Joey Thunder is perrffff ♥
"I'm not angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessley." [endlessly, the cab]
(#846 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 08-07-2011, 07:10 PM

Wowww. So my friend told her mom what happened, and her mom took the liberty to message me on facebook. She messaged two other people, but it was basically all directed at me to watch what I say to people when we're texting and to stop putting how I feel as my status on facebook.

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#847 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Default 08-07-2011, 08:23 PM

Kira, that su.ck.s. Seriously, her mom is breaking her own rule by putting that stuff out there electronically. If she had something to say to you, she should have done it in person. That's how I always feel about those conversations: they happen in person, or no dice.

I'm sorry your friend is annoying you so much; I'ma go all psychology on you and say it sounds like she has Borderline Personality Disorder: she's clingy, she lies, and she's manipulative. Idk anything else about her, but she's probably benefit from seeing a psychiatrist. As for putting how you feel on fb...my mom warns against that, but sometimes, you just need to vent (enter this thread; this is where I go when I need to do that kind of thing). Honestly, though, what else are status updates for?

Honestly, I'd suggest letting her hang out with your ex or date him so maybe she can experience first hand why you two broke up in the first place, provided it isn't some horrible awful reason involving illegal activity. Then I'd advise her to stay away, ha. Do you have anyone who can back you up on you needing your space in real life? And honestly, having her mom fight her battles for her just seems really immature.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#848 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-23-2011, 11:57 AM

Grr... annoyances in contest entries on the mainsite. Can't people bloody read?!

I have four contests going in the contest section at the moment. All four are clearly labeled as to what is needed for each contest. Yet I get one cretin who enters the same stupid jumble of fox tails for every single contest... and another who makes a generic doll and enters her in both the fairy contest and the Slytherin contest.

I even sometimes get idiots who keep on trying to enter the same rulebreaking doll over and over, even after I've rejected it about three times. I don't see why I should have to DM every moron who ignores the contest description and tell them what they should already know from opening their bloody eyes and reading it. And I'm not going to. I'm just going to keep on rejecting their rulebreaking crap every time.

(#849 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Default 08-23-2011, 01:41 PM

I was just about to post about the foxtails...got them in both my running contests. Also, a MERMAID contest means FISH TAILS. I even said so in the contest descriptions. Smh. D@mn trolls >.<

Seriously, the even tried entering the fox tails in the Contests Club Contest. Daft people are irksome.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#850 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-04-2011, 07:40 PM

I waltzed out of a crazy-roommate situation into another.

Apparently this girl blames all her dirty dishes on -me- behind my back and also blames them on "my" guests (when they're hers, as I'm not there on weekends). She badmouths all of us to her parents at home and thank hell I don't have to meet them this weekend when they come to visit her.

Also, J. the Fabulous (nickname) needs to stop making my boyfriend miserable; they're not roommates anymore but he's trying way too hard to blame all the dirty dishes in there on him. James has pretty much no dishes of his own - one set of 4 plates and some silverware - and they're always put away or in the dish rack. O_o

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm