Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#721 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-06-2010, 09:14 AM

Exactly that. Just cuz I find it hard to communicate with people, just cuz I hardly ever smile and prefer to sit alone with a book, does not mean that I have no feelings. -.- I also hate people who say crap like, "Go on, smile!" I find it very hard to smile; when I do, it feels strange to me. That doesn't mean I am unhappy, tho.

Also, conversely, if I cry, that doesn't mean I'm unhappy, either; anger makes me cry. Being sad just makes me withdraw.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#722 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 10-06-2010, 09:21 AM

My cousin smiles quite a bit and does some funny, quirky things when he gets excited, but he has a hard time understanding scoiety's standards, let's say, and simply doesn't understand how awkwardly he comes across to people. I know there's no use explaining to him what it is the bullies pick out and single him out for, because he simply just doesn't get on with society.

But people should just ignore that; so what he paces and mumbles to himself when he's daydreaming, so what he has to dash out of the room when a character on tv is having a stressful or embarassing moment and he just can't handle it? But he was picked on anyways.

But, you know American high school; ignorance rules and intelligence dwindles.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#723 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-11-2010, 07:32 PM

This has been bothering me lately.
"No animation in handdrawns"
What is this rule? Who came up with it? Whoever it was, I am quite irritated at:

Handdrawns take a long time. Yes they do. Pixelling shiz by yourself takes ages.

So why can't we animate? Hmm? "Because others can't animate" That's BS - everyone can animate if they put themself to it. As a matter of fact, animation should add to, not take away, from a handdrawn. I doubt that people will be all like omg imma animate so i can lyk, win dis contest =D Cuz the owner is so obbbbviiously going to choose mine because its ANIMATED lol!!!
Wtf. So irritating. It's like YOU AREN'T GONNA BE ALLOWED TO EXPRESS YOUR FULL CREATIVITY BECAUSE OTHERS CAN'T DO THE SAME :U

Hmm. We might as well ban tool shading, tablets, and gradients while we're at it, neh?

---I want no flames on this or else I wouldn'tve posted it in Anger thread
(#724 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 10-11-2010, 09:06 PM

I agree and disagree. I used to be SO irritated towards Kitty and Miranda for 'all of a sudden' deciding that animation was no longer allowed. But in time I came back to competing, though I'd been practicing on my own throughout that time, and found some appreciation in the rule. Not a whole lot of people can still-motion sparkle effectively, it's a talent that's aquired, not given, just like hair/pants/folds/lines. So my entry's have some pizazz that others don't want to work on/practice with because it's "extra".

You'd think I'd be with you on this since I believe that doing animations and glitter is a no-brainer, seriously. I still don't understand how it's an 'upper hand' when people could just apply themselves alittlebit more if they truely think animation is all that important and wow-worthy.

Rather, I'm glad for it. Hand Drawn dolls are all about learning to create. Animation/glitter is a shortcut ONLY to the trained eye. But for those who have never applied themselves to learn, think it's too hard, or that they don't have the tools they need to do it are simply FLOORED by how ohmygoshsopreetttyyyy it is. Sad , but true.

Dollmaker dolls are all about application. I believe that glitter is certainly okay in Dollmaker dolls. They don't necessarily CREATE their art, they apply it. (NOT to say that Dollmaker dolls are nothing, I do both Hand Drawn and Dollmaker and I can honestly say that Dollmaker Dolls take way more time and effort the more skilled you are, whereas Hand Drawns seem to take less time and effort the more skilled you are.)

I think it's a challenge in both sides to disclude glitter completely. But I think it's more challenging for Dollmaker Dollers to be without glitter/animation than Hand Drawn Dollers. Glitter is almost an essential part for Specialty Dollmaker Dolls, but with Hand Drawn Dolls, it's all just 'extra', something to take away from the actual thing people are supposed to be judging on, and that's the talent, not the initial wow-factor. Just my two cents.

Normally I try to respect other's wishes if they don't want to discuss things further than just letting things out. But sadly, this is a long-debated-issue. It twinges most all of our anger/peeve tendons in one way or another, whether you're for or against. So while this was posted in the Anger thread to "Let it out", it let out more than just your steam, it let out a cannon of other's steam as well. So try to just ignore responses if you wanted to leave it at your steam.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#725 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 10-11-2010, 09:26 PM

The fact is, animated entries in the handdrawn contest distract from the doll. Say someone enters an animated entry that is crap, but the person judging still awards it first place cuz it's all sparkly!1!eleventy! How is that fair to the entrant who's slaved over their entry, yet is unable to animate? Answer; it's not. So in order to make it fair and square for everyone, animation was scrapped. How would you feel if, say, I started a contest that was exclusive to premis? That wouldn't be very fair either. Or if I said, "No-one under the age of eighteen can enter this contest". Why should people who can't animate, either cuz they don't have the skills or the necessary programmes, be penalised?

Last edited by Miranda_ : 10-11-2010 at 09:28 PM.
(#726 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-11-2010, 11:49 PM

This goes back a bit to the thing about Aspbergers...I have it too, but instead of a lack of emotion, I have way too much emotion. I used to always get made fun of for being a "crybaby" and such. very frustrating. I definitely wish people understood more about Autistic spectrum disorders. The word "Autism" has such a negative connotation that I'm ashamed to say I'm on the spectrum, but I shouldn't be! There is no reason for me or anyone else to be embarrassed about the condition. social issues are dumb. So much dumbness I can't even fathom it.

I used to not be able to glitter, but then I found out how to, and now most of my dollmaker dolls have it. also, if it bugs me that much, I'll make two dolls: one as a real entry, and one with animation to satisfy my sparkling needs, purely for personal enjoyment. That way I can show both to people. After all, I few contests as prompts mostly since I'm not skilled enough yet to win anything I just need more practice.

Also, college application essays are scary. And I have a week to finish if I wanna meet deadlines. Yikes. On top of that, all these scholarships want me to list work experience, and since I have none, I see no point in completing the applications b/c there is no way i can contend with people that do have it.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#727 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-12-2010, 02:31 AM

This is going to sound pathetic...I'm not really angry, more a little bit depressed and not for a very good reason...

They killed off my favourite anime character from forever >.<

And it was too sad...

I actually cried...

*depressed*

(#728 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 10-12-2010, 03:30 AM

If it helps you any, they killed my favourite jap schoolgirl in Black Lagoon. This was Revy's fault. Because she killed my favourite jap schoolgirl's pet Samurai. I hate you, Revy! I hate you and your l33t gunwoman skeelz! D:

Here's an animation of the aforementioned event:

EDIT: Ohsh--, I thought this was the randomness thread. Oh well, here's a rant to make this less spammy!

STUPID F*CKING ELF WITH LONG EARS YOU STOLE A F*CKING SWORD AND MADE ME CHASE YOU ACROSS THREE GODD@MN CONTINENTS TO GET IT BACK THERE MUST BE SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH YOU DIPSH*T TO BE SO F*CKING SET ON KEEPING THE D@MN SWORD WHEN YOU DIDN'T EVEN REALLY NEED IT AND THERE WAS A MASTER RANGER ON YOUR TRAIL WHO WANTED IT BACK ARE YOU INSANE I THINK YOU MUST BE YES YOU F---ING ARE!

Gah. I almost forgot about that. Stupid brigands. >_>

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant

Last edited by AaronShadows : 10-12-2010 at 03:41 AM.
(#729 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 10-12-2010, 07:35 AM

Glitter is generally allowed in the dollmakers contest (depending on the person hosting; they can disallow it if they wish) for the very reason that Lovie stated.

Regarding killing off of fave characters; I just want, for once, the bad guys to win in a Streetfighter anime. For obvious reasons. XD

(#730 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 10-12-2010, 08:55 AM

You just want Vega to win, Miranda. XD Don't deny it. But, yes, when I start animating, I should make something like that for you.

My own rantage: My brother is RETARDED. He's painfully skinny and, when he sucked in his stomach, he thought that the reason his chest was bulging was because of MUCLE. NO, you DUMB*****, that's your F*CKING RIBCAGE! Don't you understand that you're KILLING YOURSELF???!!!!!!