Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#701 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-09-2010, 06:32 PM

Why oh why can't some people who use the Contest section not bloody read?!

Example; I had a contest up called Cheerleaders. Backgrounds were required. Most people who entered were able to grasp this concept of, you know, abiding by the contest's theme. Cept for one person, who entered a photo of Justin Bieber. That is not a cheerleader doll. Also, in my Goth contest, I've had to delete entries by people which are either not goths, or have no backgrounds. Honestly, is abiding by contest rules so bloody hard?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#702 (permalink))
Old
karatekid12365 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-13-2010, 06:24 PM

I know your pain. I was working on a picture in photoshop and I rebooted my computer without remembering to save it and I lost about two days, if not more, of work. /:

Alfred F. Jones

Supplying the world with awesomeness since 1774.
Sig by me, yo!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#703 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-13-2010, 06:41 PM

All of my files O.o

Bang, zip, kaboom and all of them disappeared. and I mean ABOLUTELY EVERYTHING. All of my half finished pixels, work, assignments have gone splat because my stupid computer wanted to throw a tanty >.<

I was in the middle of a brilliant work of pixel art (it wasn't that good truthfully) but it was going alright, now I have to start again...*ish not happy*

(#704 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 09-13-2010, 07:52 PM

My online health professor posted a video for us to watch and it was one of those freaky "oh nice car commercial...WTF IS THAT THING SCREAMING?!" sorts and it made me incredibly mad and upset. I'm not really mad at her since there is no possible way she could know it would make me feel this way, but I felt like screaming at her anyways because it touched on a huge fear of mine.

I'm terrified my ex is going to find me. Its my biggest fear. On top of that, my imagined way he would find me is he would jump out at me and would hurt me, and this video immediately made me think "oh my god, not him not him". There's no way I can comfortably say this either to a group of people that I don't know without explaining the whole thing and I just can't do it. I can't do it now, not after having a scary moment a few weeks ago where he spotted me. I've been praying for weeks that he didn't recognize me and its been worrying me like crazy that he's going to contact me or something since I know he still hasn't given up. And that makes me mad at him. It makes me mad at me too since I don't want to feel this way.

Its all so ridiculous.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#705 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-13-2010, 08:21 PM

Kitty, is there any way for you to contact your professor privately? There should be, so that you can let her know. That's just awful. *hug*

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#706 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-14-2010, 04:26 AM

Kitty, I think Wolfie's right...if it's possible to talk to her alone it would probably be best.

(#707 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 09-14-2010, 05:49 AM

Kitty, get a restraining order. O_o Mother of mercy, your ex is a wretch that richly deserves to have half the bones in his body broken, followed by boiling water poured all over him.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#708 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 09-14-2010, 10:30 PM

I wish I could, Aaron. I have to prove I am in fear of my life, which I can, but my opinion alone generally doesn't get one. I'd need to prove his history of stalking and since the police actually told me to basically just deal with it when I tried to get help from them, I can give up on that idea. The system failed me immensely there.

I think I'm going to email her and talk about it since it bothered me so much. My other classmates were pretty upset about it too, so I don't feel like my reaction is out of line.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#709 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-15-2010, 05:38 PM

The system did fail you there Kitty...

This is gonna sound weird but a major pet peeve of mine seems to be worsening...these dam.ned OC's of people's who have no faults and just strut into a story line managing to pick up the main characters and save the day. Firstly if a main character is already in a pairing then WHY, OH WHy would they choose to leave for your OC, does it even fit the storyline? A reasonable question to ask yourself before you go snatching an already stablished character from a pair and casually let your OC start dating him/her.

And then the super awesome magic powers and tragic pasts. I'll admit, it's interesting to have a character with a tragic past, as long as you don't let that character steal everyone else's spotlights as well, we all need to have a go, and by letting one character take centerstage it's no fun for anyone. And the magic powers, by all means make your charrie powerful, and with super abilties, but everyone should be able to be defeated sometimes, by making an undefeatable OC you're just being unfair >.<

I sound like like a bit of a whingey four year old now xD

But it really does get on my nerves...

Last edited by Cheshire1996 : 09-15-2010 at 05:42 PM.
(#710 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-15-2010, 06:30 PM

There's a name for that, it's called a Mary Sue or Gary Stu and they're one of my pet hates. -.-