Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#611 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 06-27-2010, 10:20 PM

I'm considering quitting dA anyways; my computer has problems with v7, pixel art isn't getting any respect, and the only kinds of art that do get respect are digital painting, photography, and the occassional traditional art piece. In other words, dA is becoming more trouble than it's worth for me. -.-

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#612 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 06-28-2010, 02:14 AM

Well, the elitism, especially with dolling, is nothing new. Its always been viewed as one of the "lesser" arts on dA and even has levels of elitism within it. Its a sad truth you kind of have to accept, even though many dollers produce amazing stuff.

In the future, don't bother posting in complaints. Its for trolls. I myself like to troll it, so never expect a serious answer. Just ask the help desk about it or contact the dolling director. Its pyro-chan(?) I believe at the moment, she'd tell you what is up.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#613 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 06-28-2010, 03:01 AM

Wolfie, the dA staff ARE thirteen year olds. XD They're elitist, they ignore the troll-lords of dA, etc.

Wolfie, if you get banned, I declare I'll find someone, somewhere to hack the site and unleash the fury of a digital thermonuclear missile. XD

Now hand me a link so I can go and politely ask him to f*ck off.

Politely.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#614 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-28-2010, 08:05 AM

I'm not going to let them run me off, personally; then they've won.

Best thing to do is message this pyro-chan and see if they help you.

(#615 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-28-2010, 09:07 AM

She can't do anything. She's stepped down as the DD GM; there was an article about it on P x T.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#616 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 06-28-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
I'm not going to let them run me off, personally; then they've won.

Best thing to do is message this pyro-chan and see if they help you.
Well, they kind of forced my hand when they switched to v7; my computer hates it for some unknown reason.

(#617 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 06-28-2010, 10:41 AM

Nor me, Miranda. dA is my little storage and testing facility, and I'm keeping it that way. XD

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#618 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 06-28-2010, 12:41 PM

Really, she stepped down? Well, off to go dig up who it is now. I can never keep up.

Edit: I looked up the stafflist. Apparently mintyy is the new mod for dolls. Send her a polite note, I don't think she is a doller which might've led to the confusion regarding classification. She probably is relying on the report feature to get things classified right since she isn't familiar with the different types of dolling, so don't attack her. She'll probably be switched out as soon as they find a doller.

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 06-28-2010 at 12:47 PM.
(#619 (permalink))
Old
ColorPencil (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-28-2010, 01:12 PM

The dA staff are dumb@ssess. They have no idea what they are doing and it totally sucks. D: Wolfie, they shoudn't be mean to you! You are really awesome and nice to everyone even though their @sses deserve to be kicked!!

dA randomly banned my friend, Claire, for no reason.

Joey Thunder is perrffff ♥
"I'm not angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessley." [endlessly, the cab]
(#620 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-28-2010, 01:12 PM

As for this dA Doller thing, I understand it, I dolled Suigintou once with just a black~white palette, and they moved her to digital painting.
I was like, uh, no, this is pixel art? But they were like, whatever.
So I just deleted Suigintou and reuploaded her with a message at the Artist's Comments:
No matter how many times you move this picture, I'm going to delete it and put it back into the Pixel Art section!

I deleted it later, though, because I didn't hear from them again. Dx;

But I'm sorry that thy're being mean to you >___<''