Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#341 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 05-02-2009, 10:31 AM

I want to freaking slap the gas company dispatcher, she is being a condescending b*tch. We're trying to get our gas turned back on - it was shut off on Thursday because there was a gas leak right outside our house, and they left it to US to fix it because IT'S ON OUR PROPERTY. A couple of guys came to make sure Dad was doing everything alright - they were pretty nice and helped him a good bit - and they said we could get our gas turned back on today (a Saturday).

B*tch said 'o im sorry, we don't do that on weekends, company policy'.

WHAT. THE. HELL. I want this b*tch to live without a nice hot shower for a couple of days and see how the hell she feels. She probably lives in some ritzy neighborhood where she doesn't HAVE to have a gas line!

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#342 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 05-05-2009, 12:08 PM

Roommates. are. awful.

I'm done. I'm so sick and tired of my roommate popping in at ridiculous times. Seriously, she came into the room at 5 AM this morning. 5 AM! Then she turns on all of the lights, knowing it is 5 AM and makes all of this noise. First she shifts the crap I left on her bed because I refuse to allow her to stack stuff on my containers anymore after leaving me to move all of her stuff out for the carpeting, then she crawls into bed and plays with her phone. Keep in mind, I've been having problems with her phone ringing all hours of the night when she stays here, usually from whatever boy she is having sex with at the moment. So, her phone is ringing and its this bright light across the **** room when I'm trying to sleep. Finally, she falls asleep and snores up a storm. I don't mind noise when I'm sleeping, I leave the TV on to help me since I freak out at the slightest unknown noise, but that is ridiculous.

Finally, after like 30 mins to an hour, she gets up, making more noise. She for whatever reason thinks its okay to make lots of noise early in the morning. She takes a shower, then leaves. All in under two hours.

What the hell was the point of coming to the room if you aren't going to stay? Is it because your boyfriend's roommates got tired of having your skanky ass in there? I can't blame them, its boggling to be how anyone deals with you.

Thank god, less than three weeks and I never have to see her again.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#343 (permalink))
Old
Heva_Banana_Mad (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-05-2009, 12:28 PM

Ok my music teacher is sad yes SAD! We are learning songs for our school production and she SLOWED DOWN how do you solve a problem like Maria!

Also when we were doing choir practise she said that the sopranos were brilliant and they could go to lunch or whatever they wanted to whereas the people who weren't sopranos oh no completely different story! She said that no offense but our singing was bad and people couldn't tell us we were brilliant all the time. I get that but at least they do it in a nice way like saying that was good but you could improve a little bit on a certain bit. NOT Your singing was absolutely rubbish girls so extra practise at lunch!

* Sorry for lack of punctuation in some bits. I was ranting.
(#344 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-05-2009, 12:33 PM

Met Weasel Face the other day. For those not in the know, Weasel Face was once the leader of the b*tches who used to bully me at school. She was flat chested, flat @rsed and had a face like a weasel, hence my name for her. She was jealous of me for being clever and full busted; plus, she picked on me for being obviously different. -.- She comes into the bar every now and then, and acts as tho she doesn't recognise me; when I know darn well that she does, cuz she waits in a queue rather than risk me serving her. Not that I would, obviously; and she knows this. It makes me really angry that she even has the nerve to show her face where I work, and that she comes in here rather than any of the places I frequent for leisure, probably cuz she knows full well I'd give her a piece of my mind there, and can't at work. B*tch.

(#345 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-05-2009, 03:41 PM

^Maybe after your shift's over, give her a piece of your mind? Especially if she's still hanging around. Seriously, she's apparently still got some envy of some kind going on.

Just mad in general at the internet right now. Some person I used to know dared to send me an email for an RP board she runs.. and it's full of TWILIGHT FANS. AS IF! I am NEVER joining a board like that. -.-;

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#346 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 05-05-2009, 03:46 PM

More ranting, its just a great day for it.

I've had ongoing problems with my college applying my scholarship to my bill. I've frequently tried to allow them to do things in their own time, only for them to fight us tooth and nail when we pointed out that there was an issue.

Once more, they haven't applied it to my bill. Assuming that this would follow the same lines of the past two semesters, I jumped right on it and sent a polite email to the scholarship coordinator last thursday. No reply, so I sent another one last night. Obviously by this point I'm angry, telling him that I don't appreciate being told that this wouldn't be an issue when it clearly is again. So, what does he do? Preachs to me about my "unprofessional" tone and behavior that is unlike a scholar.

Excuse me? He was the one who refused to answer my email and then had the nerve to tell me that he had already told me they "manually activate" it(lies, he never gave us any details on the process beyond being patient). I don't think I was in the wrong for pointing out something that has been a problem in the past, one that was so bad that they refused to apply it until the last day of validation! If I miss the validation date, my classes are dropped, which seriously limits my options since I have to then redo all of my courses, some of which would not be available if I waited. Is it my fault that I don't want to deal with this issue until the final day?

Ass. I hate people. Worse, he wants to get me in his office to "discuss the issue". I politely declined. I'm not about to be yelled at when I'm not the one at fault. If he doesn't like my attitude, he should've answered my first polite email.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#347 (permalink))
Old
awesomeistic (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 05-05-2009, 04:16 PM

i am so angry with my gym teacher. stupid wheelchair lady! she is so freaking mean to me and she gave me a 0 for the day! i hate her guts and i hope someone kidnaps her!
(#348 (permalink))
Old
LILreBeL08 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to LILreBeL08
Default 05-05-2009, 08:42 PM

Argggggh! We had health class today and we all had to watch a video on what happens to girls when they start puberty. As if That's not bad enough the girl in the video who started her period has the EXACT same name as I do! Everyone turned around and looked at me and then started laughing like hyenas and the teacher didn't do anything about it. Stupid 5th graders!

Don't be a hater....
Be a hatter
(#349 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-17-2009, 08:05 AM

Rant. People who act like this really p*ss me off. See quotebox:

Quote:
I have a new personal rule, anytime the demons of lazy writing "Fate" and "Destiny" pop up in any book I am reading or movie I am watching I am rage quitting. It is the Star Trek movies fault, I in joy cheesy action flicks and don't know **** about star trek so enjoyed the movie but the script was an epic fail. Fate and destiny is bad writing, time travel is a bad over used plot devise! I swear to god, time travel is to fantasy what Amnesia is to soap operas.

If you want to know why stories are the way the are read "The Hero with a Thousand Faces". Have you read it? No, ok I will wait. Read it now? Good, then now you know the plot to almost every story for the last 50+ years if not see me after class we are going to have a little talk with your parents about your slacking off.

I'm leaning towards terrible , this topic isn't about trek movie though its about the demons of bad writing. Time travel, fate, and destiny are crutches that mostly comes up when you need to compensate for something. Most the time you will see it when people who simply don't plan ahead when they write, lack originality, lack creativity, rushing, lazy, and/or try and tie things together that makes no since other wise.

Bottom line is fate and destiny are the twin demons of bad writing. If you use them in conjunction with coincidence and time travel with a copy of "The Hero with a Thousand Faces" dog eared in your lap then you are beyond help and should do the world a favor and stop writing its already been written a thousand times over *obscenity edited out*.

I take your dare. I'll have [a book] published by next July.

The "kind" of tragedy I am writing can best be described as Subtle fantasy following Aristotle's theories on tragedy despite the fact know more about Renaissance dramatic theory.

You can't prove opinion wrong but fine this is a responce to your whole post.

Only way I could prove the "grats you already failed" part of your thread is by succeeding which will take over a year so you will just have to wait .

To the last part about chance I can write with out verbalizing that chance and risk are involved. Fate, destiny, chance, and all other worldly forces should be implied. Lit the readers come up with there own opinions on "why" a good writer should only have to explain who, what, when , and where. Understand what I am saying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other User
Good writers also know how to form sentences correctly and spell properly. They also know how to use their punctuation and grammar correctly.
They also don't write on black berry wile walking outside and make drafts and edit many times before they publish. Your point?

Wrong I will win. Your, "Since these things are unavoidable you have to use them as plot devises." argument is thin at best. You don't have to use them in your writing to convey the emotions they bring. Natural odds don't count, yes there will always be unseen chance to anything you do and people will look at your story and say, "Well that's what happened so it was there fate/destiny." but there is a major line between that and using them as plot devices which is the point of the bet.

I'm a subject matter expert at least. I have not only read over 300 hundred books but I have studied Literature, theater and creative writing since I was eight (Going to doable major Literature and Theatre). In addition I have already published one book (anonymously otherwise I would link it) so I already know what goes into writing and publishing a book and have someone willing to publish it. Plus I do I have an editor this time around that helps.
So, this guy claims he can write a book with no editing, no proofreading. ASS. HOLE. This guy has no idea how da.mn hard it is to even write a STORY! I don't buy his 'lol i wrote a book when i was 14' story either, especially since he's not giving us the name of said book. He also cannot spell "anonymously" and keeps saying "anomalasly". He's just p*ssing me off to no end; he's so f**king cocky it disgusts me. He acts like he's all cool because he was in the military; well, f**king good for him!

He can't spell, his grammar is horrific, and if you saw the part I bolded, you'd see precisely why I can't stand him. He thinks he can write a decent book without editing it himself; he expects his editor to. All the editor does is arrange the book - NOT FIX IT.

And what kind of book leaves EVERYTHING to a reader's imagination?! Even stupider. You've got to give your reader enough facts to understand what is going on. This guy is being a complete...ugh.

Ugh. Why do I get the feeling he was inspired by Meyer the Writing Blunder? -_-

Halestorm
(#350 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 05-17-2009, 08:34 AM

No, this guy sounds like he'd think himself better than Meyers. I mean, who types "in joy" instead of "enjoy"? I've known how to properly spell enjoy since the third grade.

If anybody like this guy managed to publish a book, I probably wouldn't make it past the first page because of the atrocious spelling. Heck, this guy would probably spell that wrd "Atroshiuos". XD

Wolfie, where the heck did you run into this idiot?

Last edited by spirit_queen : 05-17-2009 at 01:15 PM.