Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
AnimeCandy (Offline)
Bonita

Rating: 2 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default Popularity-- Is It Worth It? - 04-28-2015, 01:21 PM

NOTE: This post is not stereeotyping. I am not saying that this post applies to all of these situations.
NOTE: This post is directed at girls in particular. It may also apply to boys, however.

Popularity-- Is It Worth It?

Let's take a moment to think about popularity in schools.
What is popularity?
Popularity is defined as: "the state or condition of being liked, admired, or supported by many people." https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1ASAC_enUS527US529&ion=1&espv=2&ie=U TF-8#q=define%20popularity
In other words, popularity is being liked by your peers and the people around you.
Popularity can seem like there are no problems for those people.
This isn't true.
I am not a popular person. I never was. People may be nice to me, but I was never the "Queen of the School".
Let's think about it. When a person is popular, what is it that makes them popular? Are they nice people? Do they have lots of real friends?
No.
Think about it. Popular people are generally rude to those around them. So what makes them so popular? How come they seem so much better than their peers?
The truth is, they aren't. Popular people are worse then those around them. Why? Because when a person is popular, they:
  • Have no real friends. These girls have fake friends. You never see the popular girls hanging around anyone who isn't popular. How do they know there isn't someone who would be a real, good friend to them?
  • Only show their fake selves. This partly ties in with them not having any real friends. They don't show their real selves. How are they happy? How do they achieve what they want to achieve? It's not always easy to achieve goals when they're in the shadows because they don't want anyone knowing about them. If they don't show their real selves, they don't make real friends.
  • Are rude. The subjects in this post are rude people. They are mean to anyone who
    • Isn't popular. These girls are incerdibly rude to people who are not popular.
    • Is not like them.
Wouldn't you much rather have good friends that you can have fun with?
This is why popularity just isn't worth it.
Take it from me-- make good friends and don't worry about being popular.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-30-2015, 01:41 PM

I'd say that it isn't. I was never popular in school, and now, I don't care a bit. All the girls who were in the popular clique that I know of didn't do so well. One lives in a council house with five kids, all from different dads and lives on the breadline. Another ended up being picked on by her so called "friends" after I left the school; I told her before I went that she'd be their target next and she didn't believe me.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
AnimeCandy (Offline)
Bonita

Rating: 2 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 05-04-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
I'd say that it isn't. I was never popular in school, and now, I don't care a bit. All the girls who were in the popular clique that I know of didn't do so well. One lives in a council house with five kids, all from different dads and lives on the breadline. Another ended up being picked on by her so called "friends" after I left the school; I told her before I went that she'd be their target next and she didn't believe me.
Exactly! While not all popular people are bad (some are popular because they are nice to people), the ones referred to in this article are. I'm not the type of person to believe in karma, but it's hard to ignore with this.