Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Letter to your younger self - 09-08-2014, 12:04 PM

Write a letter to yourself back when you were a kid, a teenager or whatever age you like. Can be funny, can be sad, can be advice. Anyway, I'll start.

Dear teenage Miranda,

Three things. First of all, please don't start self harming. I know that you want to do it, cuz you hate yourself so much and want to punish yourself, and cuz you're scared that you don't exist so you need to feel the pain, but don't. It's a habit that you're not going to break for years and years and even when you get to be my age, you're going to still struggle against the urge when you're feeling bad.

Second, go downstairs right now and tell your parents that you're being bullied. You think that you don't want to tell them cuz it's so difficult, but believe me, if you leave the school you're at in third year rather than fifth year, there's still a chance that you'll escape the damage done. I know it'll be a wrench leaving the few friends you have, but it'll be better for you in the long run.

Finally, stop thinking that you're such a terrible person. You're not. And you're NOT UGLY! You're a pretty girl with lovely skin and beautiful hair, and you need to stop seeing yourself as ugly right this moment. Cuz otherwise, you'll hit your thirties and you'll still be seeing that ugly woman in the mirror, despite everyone telling you otherwise. Including your fiance, who you love and who loves you. Yes, you won't be single forever; you'll find true love and it'll be the love that lasts.

From, adult Miranda.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Obscene_Fetish (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-09-2014, 09:11 AM

Dear Mindy,

The world is full of people just like you. You are not alone and you are not an ugly duckling. Your mother and sister may have traditional beauty but you shine all on your own. Instead of worrying why you are so different and holding all your hurt in, focus on ways to better yourself. Take school more seriously. That way you can feel as if you hold real value in this world. Be happy that your not like anyone else. It will keep you from being tied to that sort of life. You have a great future in store, but if you could focus on whats really important, at your age, your future will be grand. Oh, and pay all of your bills.

Sincerely,
Mindy at 28

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!