Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   SOCHI 2014 Winter Olympics (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/23533-sochi-2014-winter-olympics.html)

TheHayleyDoll 02-10-2014 11:52 PM

SOCHI 2014 Winter Olympics

Anyone watching it? :P

I put it on when I'm not doing anything else, and I check the medal standings every once and awhile.

Right now, Canada's winning. Better pick it up, other countries. ;)

Medal count

Rank....Country......Gold...Silver..Bronze...Total

1........Canada..........3........3........1...... ....7
2.....Netherlands.......3........2........2....... .. 7
3........Norway..........2........1........4...... ....7
4...United States......2.........0........3.........5
5.......Germany........2.........0........0....... ..2
6.....Russian Fed.......1........2........3.........6

So, what's your favourite event?

Mine's either figure skating, snowboarding, or freestyle skiing. I also like hockey - duh, I'm Canadian after all. XD

Catlover642 02-12-2014 12:45 AM

Actually, as of now, Canada is in second place, with 9 medals compared to Norway's 11. :P

My favorites are the figure skating and snowboarding. Poor Shaun White, I wanted him to medal so bad.

TheHayleyDoll 02-12-2014 08:56 PM

Depends on how you slice it, right now. By gold's, or by totals. Canada's second for both right now, behind Germany and Norway respectively.

I have the day off tomorrow, so I might watch whatever event is on. Canada's bobsled team includes an ex-player for the CFL football team I root for, and I want to watch to see how he does. I think bobsled is one of the last events.

LadyBast0911 02-13-2014 10:51 PM

Should I feel bad for not watching the Olympics? >.<

TheHayleyDoll 02-13-2014 10:57 PM

Haha, no. I haven't watched too much of it, I just like knowing how well Canada's doing. I'd rather play video games. Right now I'm pretty hooked on Madden 13. XD

Went to Wild Wings today for a late lunch (for a pound of wings and a pint each) with my man for V-Day, and they had the Canada / Norway Men's hockey game, so I did watch that today. :P

Lucifrette 02-15-2014 12:56 AM

Go Canada Go!!

TheHayleyDoll 02-15-2014 10:41 AM

Weighing medals appropriately (most gold's first), standings are: Germany, Switzerland, Canada, Netherlands.

Using totals, 14 - Netherlands and Russia, 13 - Norway, U.S., 12 - Germany, Canada.

LillyAwesome 02-17-2014 11:17 AM

Hmm, it's hard to choose a favorite, but it's between women's figure skating, pair's figure skating, ski jumps, snowboard half pipe, slope style, or freestyle skiing. I have a lot of favorites, I guess!

Catlover642 02-18-2014 01:46 PM

And America takes the gold in ice dancing!!!

TheHayleyDoll 02-19-2014 11:45 PM

Fixed. :lol:

Toronto Star writer has meltdown after Canada loses to US in ice dancing - MSN

Not like I care. I'm not sure it was fixed, BUT any judged competition is always a little iffy on legitimacy in my opinion, whether it be ice dancing or whatever else. It's just so easy to fix, but there's really nothing that can be done to prevent that. Those types of things need to be judged to evaluate performance.

Although, I think Canada should've won that. xD