Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 02-20-2014, 07:45 PM

Well, Canada just beat the US in women's hockey and will no doubt beat us in the men's too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 02-20-2014, 07:52 PM

I wouldn't say no doubt. The men haven't been playing as good as they have in previous years. :/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 02-22-2014, 10:37 AM

I guess I was too pessimistic. XD

Looking forward to the Hockey gold game. =P
(#14 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-22-2014, 08:41 PM

NOOOOO now we have to keep Bieber ugh haha.

But really that was just....bad hockey on our part. Caught the latter part of the second period during our power play and my friend said it looked like Canada was the one with a power play.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 02-22-2014, 10:31 PM

Well, I would feel bad for Canada if they didn't win. It's their national sport..that would like be USA losing in basketball (though that has happened before).

I was watching some sports analysis and one of the commentators said lacrosse is also big in Canada..Is that true? I would have never thought..
(#16 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 02-22-2014, 10:39 PM

It's supposedly our ACTUAL "national sport", but no... it's not too big here. As far as sports go, it's pretty much ice hockey, gridiron football (CFL & NFL), and baseball. Basketball is probably as popular as lacrosse... which is not a compliment to lacrosse. xD Basketball is very unpopular here, and constantly gets the least amount of viewership on TSN (our ESPN). Tennis, curling, and soccer get more viewership.

But yeah, I wouldn't be able to name one lacrosse player or even a team name, and probably 90-95% of people I know would be just as clueless.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 02-22-2014, 11:10 PM

In America, it's baseball. However, I feel as if *American* football is more popular..Perhaps that's because I live in Texas, which is football country. Baseball is popular, but I feel the World Series pales in comparison to the Super Bowl.

Thoughts on the figure skating controversy? Adelina Sotnikova took the gold medal, but many have argued that Yuna Kim should have won. Kim was a reigning Olympic champion. I personally think the Korean girl skated better or at least with more maturity..But, I'm not a judge who is trained in the technicalities of the sport. But what I do find concerning is that four of the judges were from Eastern Europe. One of the judges, a Russian, is married to the president of the Figure Skating Federation of Russia.

Before I didn't think figure skating judging was fixed, but now I'm not so sure.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 02-22-2014, 11:23 PM

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, regarding the ice dancing results, I believe judged events (especially figure skating) are easily fixed. There's always going to be controversy.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-23-2014, 11:54 AM

I never cared for baseball until my friend explained it to me this year. It's probably cause I'm from the northwest suburbs of Chicago so my default setting is Cubs fan....but honestly, I just feel so bad for them all the time. You know, after poking fun. 'Cause it's really just too easy.

As far as gridiron football goes...college football all the way!

Also go Blackhawks.

I like watching figure skating/ice dancing, but the judging seems almost completely arbitrary to me. What I don't understand is all the hate Ashley Wagner (7th place finisher) is getting. So she made a face when she saw her scores. Look, having engaged in competitive activities, I can tell you that she was caught off guard...and most of us have been there, just without cameras in our faces. The reporters really get to me. "Here's someone who did not do as good as they wanted/only won bronze when aiming to repeat gold/got kicked off the podium...how do you feel right now?" How do you think, lady/guy? And then the camera just continues to show them crying...sigh.

Av/Sig set: Lovie

Last edited by belladoggy : 02-23-2014 at 12:14 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 02-23-2014, 12:02 PM

((Still believes CFL is a better game, 3 downs, bigger field, higher entertainment value, JMO))

Yeah, the reporters bother me like that too. The athletes always have to act... happy? I would be super p*ssed if I came all that way and one little mistake cost me a medal or something.

CANADA WINS HOCKEY GOLD! Woo! xD