Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   6th Annual TDP Secret Santa Event! (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/23515-6th-annual-tdp-secret-santa-event.html)

Santa_Claus 12-03-2013 06:13 AM

6th Annual TDP Secret Santa Event!

Ho ho ho! I see that Christmas time has arrived again, along with plenty of new faces! For those who do not know, I am Santa Claus and I am making a special visit here to host the sixth annual Secret Santa event!

What is the Secret Santa Event?
This event was started a few years ago to help bring the forums together as a community. It has gone very well, with only a few drop outs, so it has come back with hope of bringing more people into the holiday spirit!

Basically, you sign up in this thread and I will assign you a person to make a personal gift for once sign ups are done. It can be anything -a doll, pixel art, drawings, graphics... You decide, but you must keep in mind that this is about giving and it should be something the other person will appreciate and enjoy.

How does the event work?
There are some steps to the process, so make sure you pay attention! Please only sign up if you are certain you have the time for this event.

1. Sign up for the event in this thread. Basically, post! In that post you should indicate that you want to participate and include a small list (3-4 items) of things you like. Examples would be "the colour gold", "Lady GaGa", "50s fashion", etc. This list should be reasonable for all users! Also, if you are interested, you can volunteer to be a back-up gifter as well in the event someone backs out.

2. Once sign ups close, you will be assigned a person to make a gift for. It is recommended that you look at their list of things here so you can make a nice personal gift, although holiday gifts are acceptable as well. To emphasise, please do not make gifts before you are assigned! Some people did this last year and it really loses its personal touch if you do.

3. Once you are done, send your gift to me through PM! If you don't know how to do this, ask any of the staff members and they will be happy to point you to threads about it or even explain it personally. Also, please make sure your gift is hosted on a reliable image host. This would be like photobucket or tinypic. I do not save the gifts, so if yours goes missing (is deleted, moved, etc), you may have to remake it or one of our special back-up gifters may have to step in.

4. Once I get all of the gifts, I send them out! Everyone can then gush here about their gifts and try to guess who was their Secret Santa. You don't have to tell who you had if you don't want to though.

What happens if I need to back out? Can I help if other people can't make their gifts?
There is a special group of people who will step in to make sure your assigned person still gets a gift. Anyone can sign up to be a "back-up gifter" when they sign up for the event, though hopefully we will not have to do this.

Important Dates!
December 3rd-Secret Santa begins; Sign ups can start!
December 16th-Sign ups to participate end! Assignments are handed out; gift making begins!
December 23rd-All gifts are due!
December 24th-Gifts are sent out and gushing begins :smile:

List of Participants
Here is our list of good girls and boys who have decided to participate! Names in red are people who have signed up to be back-up gifters as well.

Boldened names have turned in their gifts.

LadyBast0911
TheHayleyDoll
Miranda_
Lucifrette
Aussiemum777
belladoggy
LillyAwesome

LadyBast0911 12-03-2013 07:47 PM

I'm in!

Some ideas for me:
Anything Tea related.
Kittens
The colour purple
Victorian Era

TheHayleyDoll 12-03-2013 08:46 PM

Me!

Things for me:
Red
Rock Music
Guitar
Video Games: Mirror's Edge, Bioshock Infinite, Pokemon, Borderlands
Vampires or Werewolves

Miranda_ 12-04-2013 08:55 AM

I'm in!

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, especially Rarity and Luna.
Naruto, specifically Temari and Gaara.
Rock music, especially eighties rock and metal.
Black, silver and purple.
Streets Of Rage; Blaze Fielding and Electra.

Lucifrette 12-06-2013 12:07 PM

Why not! I'm in!

My list:
Makeup
Horror
Canada
Scotland
Cats

Aussiemum777 12-07-2013 01:17 AM

I will join
fantasy
baby pink
nature
animals
the outdoors
fairies

belladoggy 12-07-2013 01:07 PM

My favorite event of the year, of course I'm in!

Things I like:
The Lion King (both the Broadway musical and the movie)
MLP:FiM, Applejack in particular
Cool colors (greens, blues, purples, silvers, etc.)
Classical Mythology
CORGIS!

LillyAwesome 12-13-2013 08:17 PM

I would like to do it.

1. The color blue
2. Pie
3. Dogs
5. MLP, anypony really lol

:-D

Santa_Claus 12-16-2013 04:57 PM

December the 16th is upon us, and the assignments have now been sent out. :) You have til the 23rd to make your gifts and send them to me, Santa Claus. If you didn't receive a PM telling you who your assignment is, then PM me and let me know. Sign ups for the Secret Santa event have now closed.

TheHayleyDoll 12-24-2013 11:15 AM

Hope everyone enjoys their gifts! =)

Here was the one I received:

Thank you to my Secret Santa. I love it. Great work! ^_^