Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   If you could design this site..... (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/23457-if-you-could-design-site.html)

LadyBast0911 07-21-2013 12:36 AM

If you could design this site.....

Ok, so I know we can't change this site, but all of us have either voiced our opinions or silently thought about it. My question to you would be, if you could redesign this site, how would you change it?

Me: I would probably change the colors to more of a gender neutral color, like tans, browns, possibly yellows or greens. I would also have a bar to the right side of the screen going vertical that people could tag their favorite games or threads. In the RPG section I would have it to where people could "password protect" their RP's. So basically if you want to post in a password protected RP you would have to get like a 4 digit 2 letter code from the creator.

These are just my thoughts. What are yours?

LancasterPrincess 07-21-2013 12:51 AM

I would create galleries in the contest section. And a kudos system instead of averaged votes. People would only be allowed so many kudos to give in a day/contest. Comments would be an option for each entry. And being able to give contest creators the option to see who's kudo-ing what. There are A LOT of cheaters in the contest section and it's a HUGE problem.

I would also make the Private makers password protected...or better yet, only people on your friend's list can see it. There's a lot of theft in the private makers.

OH! And for inactive Clubs to be deleted. So not fair. We have THE ONLY active Club, but our rating is competing with Clubs that have been around since the get-go who have racked up DollPoints out the wazoo. We have VERY active members donating constantly to our Club, for 3-4 years now, STILL not in the top 5!!!

**EDIT::: OHHHHH! And being able to block people from voting/kudo-ing who are known cheaters.

LadyBast0911 07-21-2013 01:05 AM

I really like your kudos idea and the more private private makers idea. =]

EDIT: ok didn't see your edit but I like that idea too!

Silent_Wolf 07-22-2013 02:44 AM

I think having a few different theme ideas for the colors would be great. I've grown very used to the pink and it would feel jarring to see it changed to what I consider some muddy tones. In addition, I'd like to point out that The Gathering's theme colors are also gold, green, and reddish-brown and their website is, I find, very difficult to read.

Miranda_ 07-22-2013 09:27 AM

I like the pink and blue, personally; I remember the silver theme of the old forums and it was very dull.

Catlover642 07-22-2013 09:38 AM

I would probably have 3-4 different themes for users to choose from; another forum I used did that and it worked out nicely cuz everyone got to choose something for their tastes. But then, coding a theme can take quite a while.

belladoggy 07-22-2013 11:40 AM

Hey, even though we can't change this site, these are great suggestions to keep in mind if we ever do officially move to the backup forum, which we do seem to have some creative contol over. I like that the theme can be selected by the users on that one; it's a very smart idea.

I fully agree with Lovie, especially about being able to comment on contest entries. I'd also love for all of the premium features (such as rotation) to be available in browsers other than IE since that one doesn't function as well as say Chrome. Plus I'm not sure the features actually work in the latest version of that, either.

I'd also like to expand the capacity for PMs; 100 between sent and received is very limited, especially if you get a lot of information across that way. I'm already at 80 so I'll have to do some cleanup soon.

TheHayleyDoll 07-22-2013 11:47 AM

Mods have 1000. >_>

But 100 is alright as long as you try to keep it clean. It can just be a pain.

AaronShadows 07-31-2013 05:07 PM

Less pink, more blood, more skulls, lots more cats.

And we'd have a Minecraft server cracked for everyone's convenience which we could then use to blow stuff up and build shiny pixel art with wool blocks.

Edit; and the option to play this in the background.

Bioshock: Infinite OST - The Battle For Columbia IV - YouTube

TheHayleyDoll 07-31-2013 05:20 PM

I think we can all agree on the cats. =)

AND Bioshock Infinite. I agree with you on Infinite, because that game was kick@ss. ^_^