Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default What stupid things did you believe when you were a child? - 02-22-2013, 08:00 PM

Come on, everyone has some daft things they took as truth when they were young and stupid. List them here!

* I thought that if you breathed when going past cemetaries, you'd die at midnight.

I thought that if you swallowed chewing gum, it would stay in your body forever. Eventually, it would build up in your body and kill you.

* I thought that if you didn't jump over the top of the escalator, you'd be sucked inside and would never get out.

* I believed that a red mark on the wall of the girl's loo at school was where three teachers were murdered and that they were buried in the wall.

* I thought that, like in old films, the world used to be in black and white.

* I believed that watching TV in the dark would make me go blind.

* I believed that if the wind did change while I made a funny face, my face would really be stuck like that forever.

I thought that sherbert and pop rocks had drugs in them. But it didn't stop me eating them. XD

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-22-2013, 09:16 PM

Lol those are funny Miranda! XD

-I believed the Ninja Turtles lived below the manhole cover, on the playground at school. (Even would hang some jump ropes through the little hole, to see if they would tug on it!)

-I thought that if I faced my room at night, trying to go to sleep, that I would see a monster, ghost, ect..(Actually slept facing my wall for 2 years!)

-I thought that monsters lived under my bed. (Lame yes, but considering how messy it was underneath, something could live there.)

I believed that the door stopper at school, looked like giant peas, were called Wall Peas. (Lol, I have my best friend to thank for that one.)

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-22-2013, 11:46 PM

I also did a variation of the cemetery thing, and to this day still think it's bad luck to breathe when driving past one xD My brother thought you got to make a wish if you get hold your breath the whole time,

*I thought I was a mermaid and knew a "secret" mermaid language because I could hear sounds underwater

*I thought when you traveled on a checkered floor, you could only step on one color or the other

*I thought the teacher's lounge (which I had been in to get papers and what not) had a secret button somewhere on the wall (like a picture or a refrigerator magnet) that would reveal the REAL, secret lair. (Thank the TV show RECESS for that one xD)

*I thought the Easter Bunny left trails of jelly beans from my bedroom down to chocolate and other goodies.

That's all I can think of at the moment, though I did play pretend A LOT as a kid...I used to pretend that if I made a pile of woodchips under the log-cabin part of the playground, it would act like a "fire" and warm me up. (It gets cold in Chicago in winter, lol)

Actually, I had camp counselors try to convince us that one of them was a vampire when we couldn't go to the pool because of rain. They had us draw "maps" and look for "clues", and she of course had the fake teeth and a ketchup-stained sweatshirt and a long woodchip "stake", and they banged on the bathroom windows to scare us. I was 6 at the time.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#4 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-08-2013, 09:21 PM

I thought house hippos were real... I didn't understand the point of this commercial. xD I thought they were proving they were real, I missed the point of them saying "Don't believe everything you say on TV" afterward. Ironic.

House Hippo - YouTube
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-09-2013, 09:53 AM

I also believed the stories about my primary school being haunted. I wasn't scared; I wanted to see the ghost. I was very disappointed when I got into Juniors (the stories were told to frighten the Infants) and found that the stories were made up to stop the Infants from going into the library.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 08-09-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
* I thought that if you swallowed chewing gum, it would stay in your body forever. Eventually, it would build up in your body and kill you.

* I thought that if you didn't jump over the top of the escalator, you'd be sucked inside and would never get out.

* I believed that a red mark on the wall of the girl's loo at school was where three teachers were murdered and that they were buried in the wall.

* I believed that watching TV in the dark would make me go blind.
I believed the chewing gum as well, and still believe the escalator one to an extent because I've actually witnessed someone get their shoe caught and there was QUITE a bit of rescuers trying to free her. I still to this day jump the first and last step, and am sure I'm directly in the middle of the step.

There were 2 marks worn into the bathroom walls of my elementary school. I believed the popular kids when they told me they were eyeholes for the dead to watch me pee. It wasn't until 5th grade that I finally realized those 2 worn marks were from the janitor slamming the seats up at the wall to clean them.

And yeah, still believe that watching TV in the dark hurts your eyes...or at least strains them. Do I still go to the movies? Yes. Total hypocrite. Apparently I only believe this in the comfort of my home. xD

Okay, time for my own:

*I believed that you got chicken pox from poison ivy. (My family told me this. It wasn't until I moved to TN and promtly told my future MIL that I was safe to go into the woods because I already had the chicken pox when she warned me there was poison ivy out there...FACEPALM TO THIS DAY)

*I believed that if I left a trail of leaves or flower petals my true love/soul mate would find them and follow them to me.

*I believed that one day I would be a princess, like Cinderella, rescued from my ghetto childhood. In a sense I guess that came true except for the royalty part. I'm very much a princess of my household...well I guess Queen now that Gracie's Princess. xD

*I believed I was going to filthy rich as an adult because I excelled at school. I even promised my sister a Jeep, yellow, because she was not so great at school and thus would not be rich, like me.

*I seriously considered whether or not a cow would produce chocolate milk if you fed it chocolate.

And Bridie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridie
*I thought the Easter Bunny left trails of jelly beans from my bedroom down to chocolate and other goodies.
Thank you, I will definately try to do this for Gracie. How awesome a childhood you must have had!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-10-2013, 11:38 AM

Here's some more silly things:

* I believed that if you sat in the bath til all the water drained away, you'd be sucked down the plughole. So I always got out the tub as soon as possible to stop that happening. XD

* I also thought that teachers lived at the school inside the staffroom when I was at primary school. In secondary, I'd discarded this belief but I thought that the staffroom was like a pub where the teachers went to booze and party, and that's why we weren't allowed to go in there. XD I was really disappointed the day a friend and I peeked inside.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-10-2013, 11:56 AM

I believed an alligator would jump out of the toilet if I stayed in the bathroom too long. Didn't matter why I was in there, I firmly believed I'd be attacked by a toilet 'gater.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 08-10-2013, 12:03 PM

Up until recently I believed that Martha's Vineyard was a vineyard owned by Martha Stewart and not an island. XD

(#10 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default Miranda! xD - 08-12-2013, 03:26 PM

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!