What stupid things did you believe when you were a child?
Come on, everyone has some daft things they took as truth when they were young and stupid. :lol: List them here!
* I thought that if you breathed when going past cemetaries, you'd die at midnight.
* I thought that if you swallowed chewing gum, it would stay in your body forever. Eventually, it would build up in your body and kill you.
* I thought that if you didn't jump over the top of the escalator, you'd be sucked inside and would never get out.
* I believed that a red mark on the wall of the girl's loo at school was where three teachers were murdered and that they were buried in the wall.
* I thought that, like in old films, the world used to be in black and white.
* I believed that watching TV in the dark would make me go blind.
* I believed that if the wind did change while I made a funny face, my face would really be stuck like that forever.
* I thought that sherbert and pop rocks had drugs in them. But it didn't stop me eating them. XD
Lol those are funny Miranda! XD
-I believed the Ninja Turtles lived below the manhole cover, on the playground at school. (Even would hang some jump ropes through the little hole, to see if they would tug on it!)
-I thought that if I faced my room at night, trying to go to sleep, that I would see a monster, ghost, ect..(Actually slept facing my wall for 2 years!)
-I thought that monsters lived under my bed. (Lame yes, but considering how messy it was underneath, something could live there.)
I believed that the door stopper at school, looked like giant peas, were called Wall Peas. (Lol, I have my best friend to thank for that one.)
I also did a variation of the cemetery thing, and to this day still think it's bad luck to breathe when driving past one xD My brother thought you got to make a wish if you get hold your breath the whole time, :lol:
*I thought I was a mermaid and knew a "secret" mermaid language because I could hear sounds underwater
*I thought when you traveled on a checkered floor, you could only step on one color or the other
*I thought the teacher's lounge (which I had been in to get papers and what not) had a secret button somewhere on the wall (like a picture or a refrigerator magnet) that would reveal the REAL, secret lair. (Thank the TV show RECESS for that one xD)
*I thought the Easter Bunny left trails of jelly beans from my bedroom down to chocolate and other goodies.
That's all I can think of at the moment, though I did play pretend A LOT as a kid...I used to pretend that if I made a pile of woodchips under the log-cabin part of the playground, it would act like a "fire" and warm me up. (It gets cold in Chicago in winter, lol)
Actually, I had camp counselors try to convince us that one of them was a vampire when we couldn't go to the pool because of rain. They had us draw "maps" and look for "clues", and she of course had the fake teeth and a ketchup-stained sweatshirt and a long woodchip "stake", and they banged on the bathroom windows to scare us. I was 6 at the time.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 AM.|
© 2007 The Doll Palace