Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Christmas Trees - 12-06-2012, 07:44 AM

I put my Christmas tree up yesterday, cuz why not. XD I don't have a camera to take a photo, unfortunately but here's a description. It's a silver fibre-optic tree with rainbow lights and I have silver tinsel round it with rainbow glitter. Also, I have bright blue bell beading and matching baubles. Some of the baubles are plain, some shiny and some glittered.

What is your tree like? Pictures if you've got them!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-06-2012, 10:31 AM

We haven't put up our house tree yet, but last night, I helped set up the tree in my church after all the teens left (I did so with some of the other adults). It looks kind of like it was decorated by four year olds, and we are all at least 19 years old xD It's a fake tree, and it took us a while to find the base and then figure out the order it stacks in. We ended up sticking point glittery stick thing in it as well as silk poinsettias, plus tying ribbons in knots on various branches, and hanging the ornaments wily-nilly. It is a special-looking tree,

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 12-06-2012, 06:47 PM

I always have a fake tree, too; so do my parents. XD They're easier than real ones and last a lot longer.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 12-10-2012, 07:08 PM

Mine is a silvery white fibre optic tree which lights up at the tips in rainbow colours, we have an angel on the top and thats about it, it was purchased at the last minute last Christmas, it serves its purpose but next year I would like to go all out and get something really special

(#5 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-11-2012, 04:28 PM

So I forgot that the tree we now use at my house is a fake, too, with pre-strung rainbow minilights. I am not a fan of it because growing up, my family used to always get a big, fat, tall, and REAL Douglas Fir (we started using this one last year). This one seems so dinky and small; our living room is too big for it, haha. Plus, we used to always do the white minilights, so I guess that's why I prefer those. I might edit in a pic for comparison later. The white lights show off the ornaments better. It's funny; we've collected so many strands of lights and garlands over the years that now have no room to be put on this little tree, haha. But it was a free gift from a friend, so it's not all bad

Oh, and we have a mini fake one that we put mini ornaments on, but that one I am fond of because we've had it since I was about 10 years old lol

I miss going to the Christmas Tree farm and cutting down a tree...even though it was cold and the tree was always heavy, it was a sort of tradition. We don't keep too many of those nowadays; can't afford to. The place we used to go also had a bunch of golden retreivers running around (they had free reign of the whole thing), and occasionally there would be a new litter. They also sold the best fudge I've ever had in various flavors....I miss it a lot.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#6 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 12-11-2012, 04:35 PM

We have a fake tree that we bought last minute last year too, just so that Gracie's 1st Christmas would be "complete". It was pathetic looking because we didn't splurge on ornaments to fill it.

This year it looks much nicer because I caught several after-Christmas sales.

Our tree's theme is champagne crystal. So golden hues and lots and lots of crystal-like ornaments. We have twinkle golden lights, and then a lit angel on top.

Hoping to catch some more ornament sales this year. Eventually we'll have a fabulous tree. Also, at some point I plan on chucking this one. I desperately want a fake one that LOOKS real, but that has a snow effect. I've rarely seen them, but I know they exist in perfect form without looking fake or being overtly covered in glitter.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 12-11-2012, 06:49 PM

Back when I was a kid, my parents did get real trees for a while, but they were such a pain to deal with, dropping needles everywhere and dying really quickly so you could only put them up the week before Christmas.