Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   . Pumpkins . (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/23302-pumpkins.html)

LancasterPrincess 09-29-2012 01:58 AM

. Pumpkins .

Pumpkins! They're about as Fall/Autumn as you can get, am I right, or am I right? :mrgreen:

I've always loved carving pumpkins, and as the years came and went I strayed away from the pumpkin-book design kits and onto Google (or in this years case, Pinterest). Pumpkins, while always amazing and fun, just became a month long activity for me (yeah, I only just figured out you can paint them xD).

Meet my first painted pumpkin:

*sigh* Prettiful.

Anywhos, I want more. MORE I TELL YOU! So yeah, you know, post your creations and ideas. Let us start a pumpkin movement, together. :lol:

I will be posting more pics as the weeks go on. Ain't no ways I'm stopping at just one gorgeous squash.

MsShino 09-29-2012 02:08 AM

Oh pretty. I love the little kitties! ^^

Well I might have to get into this.

LancasterPrincess 09-29-2012 02:14 AM

Oooo yay, someone to pumpkin with!

Okay, I went though my FB pictures on a scavenger hunt for my 1st non-kit pumpkin. I give you, dun da dun dunnnn:

MARRIED PUMPKIN!

Hubs and I had a garden wedding in 2006, so this pumpkin would be from 2007. The trees leaves? Drilled. Ya heard me, we cheated. Big time. xD

MsShino 09-29-2012 02:21 AM

Oh that is so pretty.

I'll definately make a pumkin, but it will probably be one of th fake ones so I can display it at work.

LancasterPrincess 10-07-2012 12:43 PM

Awwww...no one feeling the creative inspiration of fall yet?

Aw well, another week, another pumpkin project!

belladoggy 10-07-2012 12:48 PM

We can't afford a pumpkin this year :( We can't even afford to hand out candy on Halloween.

I'm loving your pumpkin painting skills, though I would love an explanation about what the letters and symbols mean :)

LancasterPrincess 10-07-2012 01:54 PM

It spells out BOO! The two black ones are just scary/pretty font, but the O in the middle is also a biohazard symbol.

That stinks. I don't get to hand out candy, our house doesn't get trick or treaters its too busy of a road. But I still get to decorate. Actually this is my bargin decorating. Those 3 pumpkins cost only $2.25 at .75$ a piece. Much cheaper than $4-5 per pumpkin for plastic ones I'd have gotten to keep.

We only just started buying holiday decor this year. My deal is I won't whine as long as Aaron buys me 2 pieces every holiday, but only after the holiday passes and things go on sale. Works for me!

belladoggy 10-07-2012 05:23 PM

Oh, of course! Lol how did I not see that?

Well to compensate...VIRTUAL PUMPKINS!

Except none of them are turning out cool enough to share xD

LancasterPrincess 10-16-2012 12:52 AM

I'm excited to see your virtual pumpkins Bridie!

Okay, who wants to see Gracie in a pumpkin? I DO, I DO!

Saw this on Pinterest and just HAD to recreate it with our pumpkin pie. This week's pumpkin project is on hold (gasp, we're broke!) but I plan on doing 2 pumpkins when we get paid on Friday, to catch up. :mrgreen:

TMR2012 10-16-2012 05:55 AM

Your pumpkins look reallly good, I'd love to try that, but mine probably wouldnt turn out so good. And Gracie is so cute :D