Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

View Poll Results: Do You Wear Shoes Indoors?
I take them off. 9 64.29%
I keep them on. 0 0%
It depends (explain). 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default Do You Wear Shoes Indoors? - 09-01-2012, 05:18 PM

Although it has to do with shoes, it has nothing to do with fashion so I feel like this should be in general discussion.

I hate shoes. If I had the choice, I would never wear them. One summer, on a vacation to my cottage, I didn't notice that I had forgotten shoes until I got there! Yes, I had left the house barefoot, got in the car barefoot, and actually walked from the car into my cottage... barefoot. I love taking off my shoes during long car trips, so I just assumed I had taken them off and put them under the seat. Luckily, my mum had brought my sandals.

This story might make less sense to some of you because I have heard that some people (most Americans) don't take off their shoes when entering a house. This is crazy to me, because every Canadian I've ever known takes off their shoes when they enter their own (or anyone else's) home. It is generally seen as rude to wear them inside without the home owner's approval (either they tell you that it is acceptable, or you have to ask permission). So, yes, Canadians do "the Asian thing". I tend to make sure I'm wearing socks when I go to someone else's home, so I'm not completely barefoot... but I hate socks too. I've also heard it is SUPER frowned upon to wear shoes in a Swedish/Norwegian home - is it the same in other European countries?

I think Canadian's do it because of the weather. During the winter, we have snow. During the Spring and Fall we get lots of rain, so it gets muddy. I think it would be rude to walk around someone's house with wet/snowy/muddy shoes. No matter how hard I stomp/wipe them off at the door, I'm sure some will remain and I'll dirty up their home. Not to mention, barefoot >>>>>>>> shoes. 1000% more comfortable.

So tell me... Do YOU wear shoes indoors, or do you take them off? Or do you take them off in YOUR home, but keep them on at a friend's? I'd love to hear your answers!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-01-2012, 08:02 PM

It really depends. Mostly I'll take them off, but if I'm wearing sandals, I sometimes leave them on at other people's homes because of the barefoot thing. I feel really weird when I don't take them off. I'l also leave them on if I'm at a party and it's both indoor/outdoor so I can transition better. They eventually always come off at dances, too xD

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-01-2012, 08:05 PM

It depends. At home, I'll keep them on for a bit if I still need to run out to the store or if my cat is trying to use my toes as chew toys. ~_~ At someone else's house, they'll usually set the rules though most of my friends don't care much and have said so.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-01-2012, 09:15 PM

I always go barefoot round my own house, and round my fiance's house; however, if visiting friends, I'll go about in socks but never shoes.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 09-03-2012, 06:54 PM

Usually I take my shoes off when I'm at home or visiting someone, unless I'm only stepping inside for a few minutes. How much wearing shoes indoors is frowned upon depends on the person really - some won't even let you get a toe in the front door with your shoes on, others don't really care as long as you aren't tracking mud and snow all over the house. But I think most people would find it a bit weird if you come to visit and don't take your shoes off.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-03-2012, 07:01 PM

Unless they've been warned beforehand about that person's stinky feet... O_o

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-03-2012, 07:05 PM

My dad expressly forbid me from ever taking my shoes off in his house unless it's fall or winter, and even then I need to go to the bathroom and wash my socks. Apparently I suffer from the family affliction as 'corn chip toes.'

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 09-03-2012, 08:07 PM

I always take them off, It's so relaxed here in Australia and in spring /summer most people wear thongs(you all call them flip flops)I usually go bare foot whenever I can, around the house, I sometimes sneak them off when driving home from work, Walking the dogs, my feet are pretty tough, I love the feeling of freedom and shoes are soo constricting.
I do tend to get a little offended when people wear shoes inside my home, I paid to get the carpets cleaned about 1 month ago and somebody walked mud through my house. no body will admit to doing it so shoes are definatley forbidden in my home.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-03-2012, 08:27 PM

Yeah it depends. My house and in long car trips I take my shoes off. And at my Grandma's and Aunt's house I do the same. Now maybe if I'm at a friends house, I'll probably just leave my socks on, but if it's flip flops I take em off.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 09-16-2012, 05:35 PM

I run barefoot, so shoes indoors is absolutely out of the question!

I could have just met you and my shoes will be off as soon as there's carpet or some nice grass.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.