Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default Chick-fil-A and G@y Marriage - 07-19-2012, 05:36 PM

I don't debate, so don't expect me to reply much, lol, but I was wondering everyone's opinion on the latest Chick-fil-A hubbub? I'd post a link, but I can't get it to work because of the word-filter, so just Google it, lol.

In a wrap up, the food chains owner said what was obvious, and they he didn't believe G.ay marriage was right by God, but that he respects everyone, even the G.ay community.

People are now all up in arms about boycotting the fried food heaven.

Me? Personally, I love Chick-fil-A and always tease that they're closed on Sundays because their food is sinfully good. I am Christian, but I am not against G.ay Marriage. Do I believe it's right by God, no, but I don't believe the government should have a say in who can and who can't get married. My sister is les.bian, and she's about to propose to her partner. I love them both and wish them so much happiness. I wish they COULD get married. It's their choice. God gave us free will and that's what they choose to do, whether or not it's a sin is up to God on Judgment Day, not me here and now. That's my opinion. What's yours? Will you continue to eat at Chick-fil-A? Do you believe that everyone has a right to their beliefs, however different from yours?

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 07-19-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-19-2012, 06:32 PM

Honestly? I knew Chick-fil-A was anti-g@y before I ever ate there...this is not the first time such controversy has arisen around that particular fast food chain. I don't care one way or the other...I mean, they can't tell if someone's g@y, and if they choose to give out free sandwiches at anti-g@y rallies, a g@y person can walk away with a free sandwich...it's not a particularly good business model. I think it's stupid that people say "oh, the CEO is a close-minded dunderhead, so no more eating at the franchise!" Okay, I'm pretty sure not every store holds the CEOs prejudices quite so tightly, and the chicken tastes really, really good...I would personally still eat there, especially since I don't think boycotting them will do a darn thing; it's really a stupid controversy in my opinion.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-19-2012, 08:55 PM

Lol I'm dying over here! "Then they walk away with a free sandwich!". Win win right? One person gets to support what they believe, and the opposing side gets a free meal with everyone else. xD

That's what gets me. The food chain itself isn't denying service, one person who created it announced his not-so-surprising support of traditional marriage. So what. Everyone can have their chicken, and eat it too!

(#4 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-19-2012, 10:27 PM

We don't have that food chain in Canada, or at least I've never seen one, but I think if people don't want to eat there based on the owner's beliefs, that's hypocritical. I 100% support g@y marriage, but I have many friends who don't. I respect there opinions like I'd hope the respect mine. For some of the g@Y community to act that way show that they don't respect the beliefs of others - because it's not like the owner's beliefs have ANYTHING to do with their food. The food chain isn't anti-g@y, the owner just doesn't support it. Food is served equally to g@ys, straights, and every other type of person because it's a FOOD CHAIN - not a living being with it's own thoughts/feelings/beliefs.

I watched the first couple episode of the new reality show, The Glass House, and their token g@y man (don't tell me that's unfair - there's only one, and all reality shows have token people to seem "diverse") got into a fight with the Mormon girl over g@y marriage. She respectfully told him she believes it isn't right, but that she has no personal problem with him for being g@y. He FLIPPED OUT and told everyone that keeping her in the house was a vote for inequality. WHAT? She was being respectful of his beliefs (even though she doesn't agree) and he ATTACKED her for hers. =/

What I'm trying to say is people on both sides of the debate need to respect others opinions. The people who don't want to eat there anymore because of the owner's opinions are being disrespectful. BE THE BIGGER PERSON. One of the best things about human beings is our ability to formulate our own opinions based on both facts and personal experiences. If we all thought the same, the world would be boring.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-20-2012, 12:19 AM

I'm so glad ya'll agree! People on FB bashing the Chick-fil-A page were seriously irritating me. We went to go eat there tonight to show support that everyone has a right to their own beliefs. It was YUUUUUMMMMYYY!!! Taste the same as always, even after all this 'controversy', who knew?!

(#6 (permalink))
Old
BellaUnitiger (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: Not Rated
Default 07-20-2012, 11:34 AM

I've never eaten at C-F-A, but I've seen it a bit. I assumed they only served chicken sandwiches, and I don't really like chicken, so I never liked the place. And I'm a supporter of g@y marriage simply because I think marriage in general is beautiful. The fact that a FAST FOOD RESTRAUNT thinks differntly is stupid and immature.

It's like, you own a fast food restraunt chain . You're ruining both the food chain's image and your own. It's simply sad.

(Av by D3SP0)
(#7 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-20-2012, 11:47 AM

It may seem like backwards thinking to you, Bellaunitiger, but everyone is STILL allowed to have their own beliefs (backwards or otherwise). The fast food restaurant itself does not have beliefs, the owner does and has a right to think that way. Despite what many may believe, many people are still against g@y marriage (generally middle-aged to senior people) and even though that's gradually changing, it doesn't happen overnight and in the mean time, it's our right to respect that about others.

Think of the hundred thousand of so people who work there that AREN'T the owner. The restaurant is a sum of it parts (employees) and many people who support g@y marriage work there too.

If the CEO of your bank didn't believe in g@y marriage, would you switch accounts to another one? If the principal of your future children's school was against g@y marriage would you move your kids away? If your country President was against it, would you switch countries? If your own family (parents, grandparents, etc) were against it, would you never speak to them again?

Of course you wouldn't. That would be silly. I'm sure 99% of corporation owners and other people in positions of power disagree with at least one of your beliefs, and it would be impossible to live in society avoiding those who don't agree with you 100%.

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 07-20-2012 at 11:51 AM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
BellaUnitiger (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: Not Rated
Default 07-20-2012, 11:55 AM

True. But if my president didn't beleive in *** marriage then I'd probably move away. xD It's just that in my mind, *** marriage doesn't seem like something to fight about. And I understand that people have different beliefs, and I love that, but there are just some beliefs that are given too much power and ruin the lives of others. Some ideas are good, and others bad.

I know for a fact that half of mine aren't as good as the other, but there's just some things that don't need to be said. I keep my opinion on *** marriage quiet unless someone asks. I'm not sure if someone asked him on his opinion, but I don't think it should've blown up as big as it did.

(Av by D3SP0)
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-20-2012, 12:10 PM

In any case, someone who owns a fast food restaurant not believing in g@y marriage isn't going to have an effect on your life, one way or another. We don't have that chain over here in England, but I'd probably go and eat there if they did, cuz it's, well, food.

For example, I know full well that McDonalds serve crappy burgers that are probably made out of cow's ears, but it tastes nice so I don't really care.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-20-2012, 12:16 PM

I am a fellow supporter of g@y marriage because I also don't see why it matters if they can marry or not because it's not like anyone who is against it would be forced into g@y marriages. Then again, I also believe in Euthanasia, Abortions, and legalized m@rijuana. I realize that many people are hurt (emotionally) by g@y marriage not being allowed in the U.S., but they have to realize that it WILL be legalized likely within the next 20 years. It's more important just to be with each other than to be married anyway.

I doubt you would move if your President didn't believe in g@y marriage, because it takes a lot more than just saying, "I'm moving". Family, friends, jobs, languages...

I don't understand why anyone was asking questions about it to begin with or why it really matters because, like I said, 99% of people will disagree with you over something, and considering g@y marriage support is about 50/50 (MAYBE 60/40 - though it generally young people who support, not older people who run companies) in the U.S., it's likely about 50% of corporations (even government funded ones) are "against" g@y marriage. I say that in quotes because corporations don't have beliefs, just the people who run them.

When I here about people not eating there over something like this, I think of all the little people working there at the cash register or actually making the food who need those jobs to support themselves/their families or to pay off debt. Those are the people that lose jobs over things like this - not the owner. He could probably care less as long as he's still making millions and millions every year.

Miranda, I also think McDonalds food is cheap sh*t and eat it anyway. Hell, I bet at least one of the top 5 paid people who work hire up at McDonalds are also against g@y marriage.