Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default GhoooOOOooost StooooOOOoories - 07-17-2012, 01:13 PM

So, I'm on a bit of a ghost story kick, and I was wondering if anyone had any good ones from their local area. Being that I live near Chicago, there are plenty I've heard about the city, such as the theater near where Al Capone was killed or Resurrection Cemetery, with the infamous ghost Resurrection Mary who wears a white dancing dress and hitchhikes back on resurrection road, often disappearing right out the passenger door as the car passes the cemetery. They even found little handprints on one of the iron bars on the gates once. Here is a wiki article all about her and the cemetery.

Another infamous one is Cuba Road, which used to be a road traversed my mobsters, and they say you can sometimes see the headlights of an old fashioned 1930s car when nothing is there. This is a quick story about the cemetery off of Cuba Road; I couldn't find a wiki article about it.

Personally, I think they are just stories, but I love reading about them and I'd love to hear what other stories you all have. Who knows, maybe we could even make a contest to doll our local ghost stories. Just a random thought.

Commence story telling in 3, 2, 1....GO!

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-17-2012, 06:33 PM

Oh, there are loads of ghosts in London, which is near where I live. Here are a few of the most well known ones:

The Charterhouse and The Bank Of England

Jack The Ripper Ghosts

Tower of London Ghosts

London Graveyard Ghosts

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 07-17-2012, 11:46 PM

I have one that I FULLY plan on telling Gracie. Hey, it kept me in line! Her name is La Llorona (it's a spanish tale, so the double L makes a YUH sound, not a LUL sound).

I was not aware it was a traditional tale until I Googled her, just now, lol. I thought it was something my family made up, lol.

So the story I was told differs slightly from the Wiki page, and it's short and to the point. There was once a young mother with several bad children. They drove her insane and they never did as they were told. So, she drowned them. Yeah, she was sad, because she loved her children, much like your mother loves you! But when children are bad, and parents just can't handle it anymore, the Llorona come for them in the night, drags them to the nearest river, and drowns them too.

My family took it a bit further. Have you seen those tall plane towers. You know, they look like red and white candy sticks with the flashing bulb on top? Well, my family told me she lived in the little huts under those poles, and she migrated to each one, to be close to bad kids, and ready to drown them. I can tell you right now, every time I saw one of those towers I was a good girl. EDIT: My husband just informed me that I was mislead, those are actually radio towers, not plane towers.

One time, on a long trip to a family farm, we passed one of the towers and my grandparents' car "died". Right in front of the tower. My cousin and I were FREAKING OUT! They told us to pray to God to help us, and to promise to be good children. So we closed our eyes, and prayed and begged and cried, and FREAKED out. When we opened our eyes were were a mile down the road and firmly believed it was the miracle of God that saved us.

Awwwww, the innocence of childhood, lol. I'm a believer of faith, but that "miracle" was a pure genius shenanigan on my grandparents part. I don't think I misbehaved for months after that! xD

Fun fact, my aunt let a community center paint a mural on her garage...of the tale of the Llorona. Such a nice reminder to behave every time we went to Auntie's house!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 07-17-2012 at 11:51 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-25-2012, 01:10 PM

This is the best-known one from my area, Pittsburgh; warning, there is a photo inside that some may find disturbing as it is about a real person and why he became part of the legend.

Weird Pennsylvania

Apparently the reason his legend is so widespread is because of all the wars over the last century; his story got told and retold so often, it was like a game of Telephone.

Raymond Robinson (Green Man) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And behold, he is real.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 07-25-2012 at 01:12 PM.