Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-03-2012, 05:52 PM

I haven't had all that many encounters with spiders, but as a child I didn't really mind them, in fact according to my relatives I used to give them names. Luckilly I was smart enough not to actually try and pick any of the larger or more dangerous ones up.

Now I just don't really notice them, tbh.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 06-09-2012, 11:43 PM

I hated spiders when I was young, and my cottage was full of them! I would ask my grandma to make sure they were all gone whenever I went down there. After she passed away though, I slowly stopped caring about spiders and now I actually kind of like them. I really want a tarantula, but I already have enough freaky pets (3 snakes) and my husband said his friend had a spider and it did literally nothing.

But... I still want one. They look so cool and fuzzy. ^_^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-25-2012, 01:47 PM

My boyfriend is more scared of spiders than I am, but if there's a spider I am freaking out about, he will stop being a scaredy-cat and deal with it himself.

He's so cute. XD

But seriously, I hate most spiders. If there's a little tiny baby spider, whatever, I can deal with that. But lately we've been finding these huge-ass monsters in our apartment (basement apartment) and while I haven't seen them yet, my boyfriend and my roommate Amanda both have and she's the only one who hasn't freaked out yet.

Well, she freaked out over the beetle infestation we had about a month ago but her room isn't exactly the nicest one.

The only spiders I don't mind are the grandaddy longlegs and the daddy longlegs; not sure what they're called in other countries but I know that's what craneflies are called in the UK. Tarantulas can get right the hell out!! O__O

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#14 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-30-2012, 12:03 AM

I saw a grandaddy long-legs spider the other day. Those things are hugeee! I was going to bring it inside and show it to my brother because he's crazy scared of spiders. In case some of you don't know what a granddaddy long-legs is....

<3
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-31-2012, 06:55 PM

I seriously think they're adorable. I don't know why.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#16 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-31-2012, 07:49 PM

Grandaddy's don't bother me too much. If there's one in the house, I might set it free outside! XD Has anyone else heard that they may be poisonous? I learned that from Mythbusters that they really aren't.
Here's the show where they proved it as BUSTED! Daddy Longleg myth - YouTube
CAUTION: LARGE AMOUNTS OF SPIDERS SHOWN! XD