Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-17-2011, 01:28 AM

Technically, there are "tiers" of angels; you're describing "Seraphim", which are six-winged multi eyed sword fighting warrior angels. the tier system is weird, with guardians being at the bottom, I think...been a while since I did any research. They are frightening things, angels are.

I know I can't write fix, so I don't even bother pretending that I can. I'm so scared I'd be an unwitting Suethor. But even when I was a hardcore twilight, I recognized Bella's self-esteem issues and questioned them: she says she's so plain and laments how no one liked her, but she always has some man or other fawning over her. Why does she always need to put herself in danger? Oh yeah, cause she's a DiD!Sue

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 08-17-2011, 09:00 AM

Well, see, that's the difference between someone like yourself who acknowledges him or herself as someone whose talent isn't in the wirting field and a Suethor; you know you're not a natural writer and don't force it, while Suethors half@ss a story and think that it's art... Suethors are horrible not only for the abominations they create, but also because they believe and spread the belief that writing is a cake-walk and that any idiot from the street can do it.

Meanwhile, writing is just as complicated a painting; it takes time and practice to hone the right skills before you can create a masterpiece. That's what sickens me more than anything else, is that these 'writers' think that people should praise something they spent so little time on and put so little heart into.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-17-2011, 11:19 AM

What's really bad is that a lot of time, Suethors react badly to any concrit they get. They just want people to post fawning reviews of their crapfic. Suethor meltdowns go from "Shut up haterz!1eleventy! Your just jelus of my story! Rowanna Mystick Angle Demetor is NOT a Sue!" to a five hundred word essay written by the Suethor to show her critics that she is not upset, and doesn't care about what they wrote about her story. Sometimes a Suethor will have a massive spazflail and delete all their stories, usually after constant concrit, or cuz they discover that people have been sporking and poking fun at their masterpieces. XD

(#34 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-17-2011, 11:33 AM

GASP! Teh horrorz! Imagine someone picking out grammar errors, incorrect facts and inconsistencies and asking you to fix them!

Oh, Miranda, you should put quotes around "masterpieces". XD

(#35 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-17-2011, 11:38 AM

It's what the Suethor thinks, not what everyone else does. XD

I once saw a massive meltdown on Fanfiction.net where this Suethor first started flaming people who criticised her fanfic and main character, and eventually, since loads of people sided with the critics, went into overload and deleted her account. XD

(#36 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-17-2011, 01:09 PM

And now for some more Gary Stus! There aren't as many of these as there are Mary Sues, but the ones there are... horrible. O_o

Cullen!Stu.

Named for one of the worst Gary Stus of all time, Cullen!Stu's characteristics is that he's painted as a "bad boy" or "rebel", but in actual fact, is incredibly boring with very little actual character of his own. He and his love interest will have hardly any chemistry between them, and she will adore him despite his abusive and controlling attitude towards her.

Prep!Stu.

Prep!Stu is the male equivilent of Purity!Sue, and is just as vomit inducing and exasperating as she is. He's perfect in every way, big muscles, big you know what, kicks the butt of any villain who shows up, and is the perfect boyf. He always says the right thing at any time, and can have a humungeous fight and never get a single bruise. In short, reading about one of these guys makes you want to stick your fingers down your throat.

Kickass!Stu.

This Stu is the ultimate badass. Unlike the Cullen Stu, he's not all that concerned with romance, but is instead concerned with beating up as many guys as possible. Kickass!Stu is bigger, stronger and more manly than any other guy around, and he could pwn Chuck Norris without even breaking into a sweat. He is often used to godmod by his creator, who will break out into a strop at any mention that his/her character is over the top powerful and should cut back on the testosterone oozing before he does himself an injury.

Geek!Stu.

Now, this classification does not apply to genuine geeks; the kind who really are nerdy, obsessed with Dungeons & Dragons and get sand kicked in their faces. No, Geek!Stu pretends to be a geek, but underneath that argyle sweater and pocket protector is the body of a weightlifter. Geek!Stu will also have women dropping at his feet all the time, despite being described as not very goodlooking and good at nothing. He is pretty much the male equivilent of the Anti!Sue.

(#37 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-17-2011, 01:26 PM

Ah,b ut didn't you know, Miranda, the sweater vests are back in? XD

Cullen!Stu is the worst simply because girls buy into it, and think that having your life controlled by a man is normal. -.- At least the other two are very obviously ridiculous; even a child would know that's not right. But the first? No, every girl wants a "protective" boyfriend...

(#38 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-17-2011, 01:53 PM

Wow, Cullen!Stu is so notorious he gets his own Stu named after him? smh.

Geek!Stu just sounds like a hipster to me xD

I saw the Twilight movie with my parents. Before I say more, you need to know that my mom really did have a stalker in college. So when the bed room scene (where he is in her room) came up, she just turned to my dad and made this face, like, "OMG. I can't believe she's okay with being stalked. Remember (creepystalkerguy)? That. On screen. Yup."

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-21-2011, 11:36 AM

Check out the Twilight Rantage thread for yet more creepiness planned by the published Suethor. O_o And check out these Sues!

Matchmaker!Sue.

This abomination usually shows up in slashfic, where her reason for being there is solely to bring together two canon characters who are not written as being g@y at all in the original canon, but who MM!Sue just knows have secret feelings for each other. Gag me with a spoon. -.- MM!Sue is rare in that she doesn't usually pair up with anyone; her role is simply to force two other people together, whether they like it or not.

Historical Fail!Sue.

The problem with HF!Sue's creator, is that she just doesn't bother to read up on the era which she's placed her Sue in. Often, HF!Sue will be doing things which would get her executed, or in less drastic situations, perhaps being given a brank to wear. Such as having her Sue wear an indecently short dress in an era which would have her punished for doing so. It's not really that hard to find information online and do some research about the historical era that you're planning on placing a character in; and doing some would stop that character being a laughing stock.

Goddess!Sue.

One of the most annoying of all Sues, especially when Goddess!Sue's creator indulges in a spot of godmoding along with having her Sue be perfect, all powerful, impossible to kill and good at everything. Goddess!Sue often pops up in RP, when a Suethor completely ignores the premis of the RP and attempts to take it over for her own purposes. Usually, said Suethor gets thrown out and then makes her own RP; unable to understand why her RPs keep getting locked and why no-one ever wants to RP with her, the Goddess!Sue creator will retire in a huff to her own site.

Kid!Sue.

Kid!Sue is a Mary Sue who, instead of being a teenage or young adult woman with luscious curves, is instead a chirpy young girl of around eight to twelve years old, usually with genius level intellect. Kid!Sue is particularly irritating to have around, as she often chooses to be with adults who would, in reality, push Kid!Sue off on a babysitter rather than put up with her childish antics. Kid!Sue is often the daughter of a canon; if she is the daughter of a villain, she will either be dark and evil, like Villain!Sue in minature, or will alternatively be perky and good and will eventually bring her parent round to the good side. Kid!Sue often makes you feel physically ill.

(#40 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 08-21-2011, 12:37 PM

Historical sue annoys me too. -.- Really, do you think in the 1100's she would freely be allowed to explore, read, write, instead of cooking, cleaning, etc? Not only does it ruin the story but it wrongly educates the reader. Not to mention that the era isn't properly represented.