Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-14-2011, 09:46 PM

XD Yet more Sues... I despair of the fact that there are so many to list. O_o

Baby!Sue.

Not, as the name appears to suggest, a Sue that is a baby, but rather a Sue that exists for no other reasons than to meet a canon male character and have a bazillion babies with him. She has no personality other than the "barefoot and pregnant" stereotype, provoking the wrath of feminists everywhere. Baby!Sue is written to suggest that her life didn't exist before she became pregnant. Her babies will also be perfect; never crying, pooping or puking and will be the living spit of their canon father.

Crossover!Sue.

Truly a terrible thing to behold, this Sue combines two or sometimes more fandoms, and manages to completely balls up every one at the same time. Crossover!Sue will also show zero rhyme and reason when it comes to making the fandoms fit together... and neither will her creator. This particular Sue shows a staggering lack of knowledge of the fandoms she is massacring; perhaps she might be a N'avi in Middle Earth, or a Meyerpire at Hogwarts, but no matter what, she'll be an abomination.

Furry!Sue.

While there is nothing at all wrong with furries in the right context, Furry!Sue is horrifying cuz she is normally shoved into a fandom where she is completely wrong, and stands out like a sore thumb. There are plenty of fandoms where a neko, for example, would fit in perfectly, but Furry!Sue's creator ignores these fandoms and instead puts her hideous creation in places like Middle Earth, Hogwarts, the X-files or the Leaf Village and expects everyone reading it to just accept the fact.

Twagic!Sue.

Twagic!Sue's creator will insist that, cuz she has given her character a disability, that character can not be a Sue. This would be easier to believe if Twagic!Sue had a disability like say, a gangrene infested limb, or a freakish face. However, Twagic!Sue normally suffers from blindness, mutism, deafness and facial scars... tho the last example will never detract from Twagic!Sue's beauty in any way. She gets all the sympathy and hugs from the good guys, gets to constantly wangst all the time and never ever fails to get her man.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Always_And_Forever_MeGeek (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-14-2011, 11:11 PM

Emo!Sue reminds me of that horrid monstrosity, Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way. I still can't decide if she was a troll or someone actually was that stupid.

image: from google
edit: by me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-16-2011, 06:09 PM

Think it was trollfic; then again, it's entirely likely that someone was just that daft. O_o Anyway; on with the Sue classification!

Boring!Sue.

Even worse to encounter than all the other Sues listed; for the simple reason that Boring!Sue is, well, boring. She doesn't have anything interesting about her at all, her profile will just contain the bare bones; ie, name, age and a power description. She will have hardly any personality; what she does have is dull. However, all canon characters will instantly fall in love with Boring!Sue despite all this, which is what pinpoints her Sueishness.

Composite!Sue.

Fairy, angel and centaur in one... or maybe even more, this Sue is not content with merely being one fantasy type. No, she has to be a mixture of several fantasy types; ignoring all restrictions which would make such a composite impossible. Composite!Sue will have all of the perks of such a union and none of the problems.

Dragon!Sue.

Dragon!Sue can go two ways. Either she's a Villain!Sue, but with dragon powers tacked on, or she's a Purity!Sue, of course, with dragon powers tacked on. The second is particularly irritating when she pops up in LOTR fanfic, as it shows that her creator Did Not Do The Research. The first can be annoying when said Sue is completely indestructable, especially in fandoms where dragons can in fact be killed. Oh yeah, and Dragon!Sue NEVER has an all dragon look. She always is a beautiful girl with dragon parts added on, or a dragon shape she can take voluntarily.

Grrrl!Sue.

In her creator's eyes, Grrrl!Sue is the original feminist. In everyone else's eyes, she's a pain in the neck misandrist who spends her time endlessly belittling the men in the story and kicking any man who dares criticise her in the balls. Grrrl!Sue rarely has a male love interest, she normally has a female one. If she does, then he will be an Uke!Stu, whether he's written that way or not, and will meekly defer to Grrrl!Sue.

(#24 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 08-16-2011, 07:53 PM

Bella (Twilight) is totally Boring!Sue... described at plain in every way and totally annoying because of it. -.-

Composite!Sue just makes you sick; what sort of sick pairs created this child?

(#25 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-16-2011, 08:07 PM

Bella is half a Distressed Damsel!Sue and half a Boring!Sue; she's constantly needing to be rescued, remember? -.-

And yeah; it's especially grating when a) angels are involved or b) if you're talking a cross species breeding, for example, centaur and mermaid, which indicates that the Suethor Failed Biology Forever. As for angels; well, in everything I've read on them, they're supposed to be asexual, or at the very least, to be composed of light particles and therefore unable to breed.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-16-2011, 08:16 PM

That sounds right; angels have no sex and are supposed to be androgynous, or something, but I'm hardly an expert. Besides, I'm pretty sure reports differ depending on who you're talking to...

In fact, the whole modern idea of angels being pure, almost helpless females is sorta stupid; the original angels were mean to be fierce and inspire awe, and l'ust was not meant to be part of it at all.

(#27 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-16-2011, 08:19 PM

In the bible, they're generally meant to be asexual, fierce beings; at least, as far as I remember.

In His Dark Materials, they're composed of light particles and while they do have genders and feel love, they still don't breed. It annoys me when Suethors make half angel characters or worse, half fallen angel, cuz it shows ignorance.

(#28 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-16-2011, 08:21 PM

Indeed. But, then again, all Suethors are ignorant... I actually don't bother to read fiction via internet anymore, as it's so hard to find anything decent.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-16-2011, 08:44 PM

I only seek it out for sporking purposes; it's sad really, that I can always find a badfic to spork.

The worst Suefic is if it's written by anyone who's older than fifteen. After that, you should have some rudimentary idea of what good writing is, and should no longer be writing Mary Sue characters.

(#30 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-17-2011, 12:44 AM

I love the Anti!Sue. "Just a sue showing her true colors from the start."

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."