Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#271 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-19-2011, 05:30 AM

Rewatching Thor.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#272 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-19-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronShadows View Post

Funny enough, I've never heard a Welsh accent in my life, and have to wonder what it actually sounds like. :S
Sort of lilting; and they talk slow. Well, you have to if you want to pronounce the place names. XD

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#273 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 06-19-2011, 07:17 AM

The have AWESOME names. XD Miranda, did you know the book version of Howl from Howl's Moving Castle (like there are any other 'Howl's out there in popular fiction) is Welsh?

Yes, Aaron, I DO know what a nettle is, and I wouldn't leave a gate open. XD If it was closed when I found it, be it at home here or somewhere else, I'd assume someone wants it closed and, if I must use it, close it behind me... unlike some Americans, I actually have manners.

The other exchange place is China that I'm interested in, which is also very exciting... 'course, would be a good idea to learn at least key phrases aside from 'hello' first.

(#274 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 06-19-2011, 12:54 PM

I can't tell the difference between accents from English-speaking countries, unless it's a really thick Scottish accent or something . I just have a nasal Estonian accent. Used to be able to fake a half-decent Russian one but not anymore.

Quote:
XDD When people say "American", they usually are referring to "U. S. of America"... what else can you call it? We can't really be called "Statians", or something.
USistani :P

(#275 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-19-2011, 04:56 PM

Dividing Britain up into LOTR races... Scots are Orcs, Welsh are Dwarfs, Irish are Hobbits and English are Men. Cuz we win in the end.

(#276 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 06-19-2011, 06:14 PM

My dads part of the family is Welsh. Therefore I'm part dwarf?

(#277 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-19-2011, 06:35 PM

I'm part Iris, but my feet are super small... LIES! XD Of course, I have a sliver of English, too...

I think I know all my ancestry, but Im not 100% sure... I'm mostly Irish and Polish, with a dash of English, German, Swedish, Austrian, and mom said "little bits of stuff I don't even have a clue about", but basically all northern European. XD

The results on me? My skin practically glows in the dark.

(#278 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 06-19-2011, 08:53 PM

I know I am Welsh, Scandinavian, a little bit Russian (moms side), and thats it. I don't have much mixed heritage, but I'm sure there's more were too lazy to find.

(#279 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-22-2011, 02:06 AM

Dressing up as the X-Men with my friends for a school event. If anyone as any helpful tips for a Mystique costume it would be fantastic, yes I do have the blue face paint and make-up XD

(#280 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-22-2011, 09:01 AM

For the face, don't do all blue; the color will be flat and look 'cheap' to some people. For maximum effect, get a larger pallette of colors in that thick, face make-up.

On the face, start the blue base color and rub it in well; us your fingers, not a spong, as your fingers not only warm up the make-up to spread it easier but also give the make-up a more realistic texture. (Note: keeps some sort of wet wipe -either for bathroom uses or wiping down counters works- to wipe mak-up off your fingers for when you switch colors.)

Now, dab just a hint of white onto your fingers and dab onto cheekbones, just below the eyebrows, inner eye corners, and other places you believe you need some highlighting. Blend it in until it looks natural... make sure that the white only made the gihlighted areas just a tad bit lighter.

Got any pinkish purple or mauve in your set? It should be a hint darker than whatever blue you used as a base color. Dab this below your cheekbones and rub in; this is like that last step, but is supposed to be a shadow instead of a highlight. If you don't have any darkish pink only regular, you can attempt a tiny bit of blush, but always make sure that you still look blue overall, and that the pink you use blends in to tinge your cheeks a warmer, purplish blue instead of whatever blue you used as a base.

Now eyes. Take a darker blue (or black, again depending on what your base blue is) and blend it onto the lids so that your lids are a tad bit darker, which gives your eyes a slight smokey look.

After this, just apply the lipstick and mascara and you're done!

So... why all this added stuff if Mystique is just blue? It adds visual interest to the make-up job an makes it look more interesting. also, faces are never just one color, and adding a few changes to the base here and there makes it more natural.

How do I know this stuff? I was in theater programs and worked at a Haunted House. XD