Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 03-07-2014, 08:45 AM

America thinks they won every war though. xD That one, the War of 1812, they probably think they 'won' Vietnam.

But yeah, they came in at the very end and say that they're the reason it was won so quickly. It's like if a crazy man p*ssed on a house that was one fire, the fire-fighters had already 99% extinguished by that time, and the crazy man claimed it was them who put it out.

The Americans didn't fight the N@zis, they fought the Japanese. Germany declared war on America after the Americans declared war on Germany's Japanese ally. Otherwise, they would have been perfectly fine letting Europe deal with it on their own. Germany has no oil, after all. :rollseyes:

American patriotism at it's finest. I don't blame Americans for feeling that way, obviously, that's what their government (and the ones writing their textbooks) want them to believe.

---

I'm almost getting over my cold. Thank God. And just as this winter is coming to an end.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-07-2014, 01:01 PM

No. We did not win Vietnam or Korea. Those were utter failures that should have never happened.

And with WWII, I would like to think that we helped win the war but we were only in the war for like 5 months tops. I like to think that we gave our allies little extra push. But we did help supply you guys with weapons and ammo

But yes, we have a very conceited and egotistical outlook on ourselves that is quite...dangerous at times.

I've been to China, Thailand, Northern Ireland, and Scotland. Every time I tell people this they ask one of two questions: 1) You went overseas? How did you not get killed/kidnapped/r@ped being an American or 2) I'm so glad your safe. Did you even tell people you were an American?

I seriously want to face palm when people ask me this. I usually respond with: We are not that fricking special and people tend to not care if I'm an American. xD

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-07-2014, 02:10 PM

People abroad tend to love my accent, tho. I'm English and everyone loves an English accent.

Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-07-2014, 11:40 PM

Yes...we do love us some English accents

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-08-2014, 09:14 AM

Who doesn't, really? xD
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-08-2014, 11:32 AM

Lol, the Americans who struggle to understand a Yorkshire or Brummie accent, that's who. XD

Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-08-2014, 09:19 PM

Irish accents FTW! If you are male and have an Irish accent, I will probably run away with you and/or follow you like an overly excited puppy xD

I enjoy doing random accents. I like to think I can fake "southern" and "English" fairly well, but I also don't have people around to tell me otherwise haha. I usually just elongate all of my vowels. And whenever I try to do anything else...it always ends up defaulting back to "English"

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 03-11-2014, 10:06 PM

Going to San Antonio tomorrow!
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-12-2014, 10:12 PM

Hope you have fun!

My mom's in the hospital again... She fractured some bones in her back and doesn't know how, so she's in the hospital with a back brace and can't walk. :/
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-16-2014, 11:10 PM

She's out of the hospital now, but has to walk with a walker. She's 48. :/

In the other side of things, my dad went on his first official date since he and my mom separated this past summer (she walked out).

They (my dad and his possible new girlfriend?) used to work together. I've met her before, and she's nice... she has two kids (I think, like, 18 and 14ish?) and two dogs. Even when my parents were together, I knew my dad kind of liked this other woman, and she's been divorced for a while so it's not exactly a major shocker to me. He's gone to her house to fix things up before, and they went to the bar and she bought him a beer as thanks, but this was the first time he ever called it a 'date'.

It's... a weird feeling though, with my dad seeing someone that isn't my mom. Yeah, she's nice, and I've been saying for years now that my dad deserves to be happy and my mom just wasn't... making him happy anymore, but it's still weird.

It's just one date, but like I said... they used to work together, and they've been friends for years, and I always could tell they had chemistry, so... even though it's only one date, I can't help but at least think about what it would be like with a step mom and step siblings. Would they buy a new house together or move in here? There's not really enough room, but probably Glen and I would have moved out by the time that happens. Still, we live in the basement, so if they did move in, either one of her kids or my little brother would have to move into the basement. And three dogs and a cat? The cat would hate that, and I don't think Rocco would be too keen on other dogs being in the house either.

Yeah, I'm thinking wayyy too far ahead. For now.