Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-19-2013, 08:34 PM

OH MY GOD SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME A CRASH COURSE IN SHOES

I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SHOES BUT I MAY BE GETTING A JOB IN A SHOE STORE

;__; help me somebody please oh my god

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-20-2013, 08:20 PM

What kind of things did you need to know about shoes?

Ugh, I forgot I had to go have drinks with my mother-in-law and her boyfriend today. >_> I started to preheat the oven for pizza, Glen comes home and is like, "Oh, you remembered we're leaving soon, right?" So I turned of the oven, and 10 minutes later she calls and is like, "Oh, we'll be late."

I could have ate my pizza! I had time! Now I haven't ate dinner yet. >_< Preheating the oven... Again.

Her boyfriend looks JUST like Glen's dad. It's freaky.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-21-2013, 01:16 PM

Anything. I mean, I know the parts of a shoe but I know nothing about brands. It doesn't matter too much, the job is just that of a cashier, but I'll be helping with stocking shelves and putting tags on them and all. agh ;_; I hope I get this job.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-21-2013, 05:30 PM

I remember when I applied to Tim Hortons they asked why I wanted to work there. I said I love coffee. I was hired. LOL.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-21-2013, 08:58 PM

I know some brands but a lot of that will just come with seeing the shoes on the shelf.

And omg I hate math. It's hard and confusing and the stupid program is stupid. >.< why must math be mandatory.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-21-2013, 11:31 PM

I like math. ^_^ I never found it hard, but it's one of those things you're either good at and it's naturally easy, or it's difficult. There's very little middle-ground.

Good luck, Wolfie!
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-21-2013, 11:37 PM

Yeah I am definitely more of English/History person. And sad part is, this should all be review -.-

Good Luck, Wolfie!!

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-22-2013, 12:11 AM

lol. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I can't think of a school subject that I was bad at. XD Gym, maybe, if that counts? I only ever did average in that class.

Okay, so... I need to get my current feelings off my chest.

Does it make me an awful person to not care about my mother? I mean, I love her because she's my mom, but if she passed away I don't know if I would even cry? If my father passed away, I'd be absolutely devastated (to the point of actually considering suicide, type devastation).

I feel like that makes me an awful human being.
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-22-2013, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHayleyDoll View Post
I like math. ^_^ I never found it hard, but it's one of those things you're either good at and it's naturally easy, or it's difficult. There's very little middle-ground.
Hi, I live in the middle ground xD Let me explain: High level calculus? Conceptual mathematics? Makes perfect sense. Simple arithmetic? Computation? Yeah, I can't even walk two feet in that area without tripping up, be it switching digit order or reversing positive and negative numbers, the part that is supposed to be the easiest has always given me the biggest headache. Like, I'll do the formulas and concepts and integrals, etc. correctly...but I'll end up using the wrong number somewhere in the problem which will completely throw off my answer. So. Darn. Frustrating.

And I don't think that makes you a terrible person; I think it means you are just way closer to your dad than you are to your mom; he was probably more supportive of you when you were younger.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-22-2013, 09:05 AM

It's not that my father was more supportive, I've just always been a daddy's girl. That, and my father wasn't an alcoholic... But I think I've spewed my life story multiple times across the forums and don't want to depress everyone again because my life story isn't exactly joyous. Besides, no one would understand because nobody can understand - except my brother, since he went through nearly the same thing, although things were worse for me...

ANYBODY WANT CAKE? I made some. ^_^ It's not great. It's actually quite plain. I should have bought carrot cake mix. WAYYYY better. I <3 carrot cake.