Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-16-2013, 11:55 AM

I hate soccer. Find it snooze-fest boring. I'm actually a really good soccer player (I played it most of my life), but I can't stand watching it. =)

I watch some baseball, mostly 'cuz my family does. CFL is the most interesting sport I've seen played. NFL moves too slow for my liking, and focus far too much on the running game. Ground runs for a couple yards a play... BORING. Also they have an extra down. Only 3 downs in CFL. Forces you to make bigger plays. In the NFL guys are bigger, but in the CFL guys are leaner and quicker. Allows for bigger plays. A defensive back in the NFL would have to play linebacker in the CFL. They'd never be able to catch a receiver in CFL. As far as trades go, they're a big part of the CFL too, but with only 8 teams (9 this next year), they never go too far. As for money... Well, league minimum is 45k and nobody is paid more than 300k (I don't think)... Which is pretty much the minimum of what the NFL practice roster gets paid... Which I like. It's not millions upon millions.

CFL is more like NCAA and high school football then NFL is.

I never liked school sports though. My hubby's University team won the championship (Vanier Cup, in Canada) last year. I never went to see a game though. All I care about is CFL. =)

I created a CFL monster with my hubby though. He never used to watch until we started dating (I've watched it my whole life, my aunt is a season ticket holder and my parents used to be before having kids, so it's in my blood) and now he's OBSESSED. ^_^

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 08-16-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-16-2013, 02:02 PM

Guh. DIY backgrounds are way harder than I thought...but if I pull this off, it will be my greatest accomplishment yet xD Oh man...the perils of getting grandiose ideas that I have no idea how to accurately execute :P

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-16-2013, 05:03 PM

All Hail The Glow Cloud

~_~

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 08-16-2013, 06:21 PM

All hail the Hypno Toad?

FINISHED! I worked on that puppy for almost seven hours straight. And it still isn't as intricate as I wanted xD Ah well.

Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 08-16-2013, 11:12 PM

FREDDY MY LOVE, FREDDY MY LOOOOVE

My obsession with Grease has come back again. Even more so because my high school is going to preform it this year. I would try out..but you have to have the ability to sing. I suppose I can be in the orchestra though.

Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-17-2013, 12:53 AM

Did I ever tell you guys my dog was attacked by another dog?

He's also been sexually assaulted by another dog. Not the same dog.

Both owners were like, "Oh, sorry about that."

IF YOUR DOG IS AGGRESSIVE, KEEP HIM LEASHED!

Poor little beagle. =(
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 08-17-2013, 12:54 PM

That's awful, Hayley! I hope your dog doesn't suffer any devastating trauma from the incidents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHayleyDoll View Post
IF YOUR DOG IS AGGRESSIVE, KEEP HIM LEASHED!
^And that is why my dog doesn't get to go on very many walks...or out in public a lot...or let us have visitors...she's kinda sorta BATS#!T insane sometimes...like, she'll bark at the most random things, and since she is a border collie/corgi mix, she like to "herd" people...by barking at them and nipping at their heels. Also she thinks she is Alpha Dog so if she sees another one she'll start freaking out and I have to literally drag her in a different direction so she doesn't start a fight cause she's also kinda dumb and doesn't realize she'll most likely lose cause she's not as big.

Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-17-2013, 02:40 PM

See, I have been in so many dog fights that they don't phase me anymore. With my mom rescuing animals, its bound to happen, so when it did, Mom and I had to break them up. Surprisingly, I have only gotten bit once from a dog fight. And it wasn't that bad.

But you were just on, Hayley. And now you are off. *sadness*

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-17-2013, 03:56 PM

Had to go to WalMart.

My mom got bitten by a dog before for no reason. It almost took off her finger.

The dog that actually bit my dog didn't seem to phase Rocco much. He cried out when it was biting him and hid behind me, but when we got home he just slept. It was a little dog, and Rocco is really big for a Beagle (muscular). The r@pe however was from a larger dog (German Shepherd) at a leash-free dog park. The owners didn't even stand up to stop it, so my dad kicked the other dog off Rocco. They said, "Oh, he's never done that before", and we had to leave. Rocco didn't want us to approach him from behind for a month after that. =(
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-17-2013, 04:12 PM

Awww...poor baby! I hope he never has to go through that again!

Ever since I got home, my cat will not leave me alone. Its so cute. She tries to sneak into my lap or she lays right next to me.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3