Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-28-2013, 12:39 PM

^ All good things must come to an end.

Flames to dust, lovers to friends, so why do all good things come to an end?

That song depresses me.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-28-2013, 01:01 PM

At least you'll always have pictures and memories, right?

I'd love to hear how everything went yesterday.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 07-28-2013, 01:04 PM

This hopefully will not be my last time to be here...Seems like we may not make this plane (we are on standby). I will post about my trip when I get home cuz typing on this phone is a pain. XD

Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-28-2013, 08:42 PM

I went and saw the play "The Little Mermaid" last night. It was so cool! No girl is too young to watch a Disney classic.

Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 07-29-2013, 01:57 AM

So I am cleaning my room and I just found my senior year notebook that all of my friends wrote in and I feel like crying now because of all the kind words and memories that I have forgotten. I just realized that I am not living for myself and have forgotten everything I am due to my family and their dreams for me. Its amazing how just a simple reminder can trigger so many dreams and realities. There are so many things that I can believe that I had forgotten in the past 2 years and how much I have changed. I now know what the next couple of things I will be doing, particularly in tattoos. Carpe Diem!

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-29-2013, 03:08 AM

I know how that feels. Time changes things. Sometimes for the good (I've decided to stop being so mean? I don't believe in cattiness anymore - I've matured. Cattiness is so high school) and sometimes for the not so good.

I kept some of my notes from Grade 10 with a friend - I read them a couple years ago and felt the same. I sounded so different. It was before I met Glen, so I had different goals and different values back then.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-29-2013, 03:26 AM

For me, its the opposite. Back then, I had goals. I knew where I wanted to go in life and was ready to take on the world. But now I feel scared and petrified. I don't know what I want. But after reading those notes, I realize that being scared and petrified if part of life and sometimes, challenges are the best part of life because without challenges you never grow or learn. I feel like taking on the world again. Like I can make a difference as long as I stay true to myself and true to my heart. I need to stop listening to what everyone else wants for me and decide what I want for me. I need to let things go that don't matter and embrace life and what it brings. I need to not only take opportunities that come my way but also make my own path. I need to embrace Emerson and Moby **** and Thoreau and set my own way.

I feel so....calm. Like I am finally where I need to be.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-29-2013, 01:02 PM

That's good, then. It's nice you found yourself again - probably feels like you've been reacquainted with an old friend. =)

My goals before Glen weren't worse or better, just different. I used to want to be either a Writer or a Lawyer, now I want to be a mother. If I didn't meet Glen, I have no doubt I'd be done or almost done University and going on to Law school, instead of half way done a degree in Interior Design. Well, that, or I would have had a mental breakdown - it really could have went either way.

On the other hand, I don't believe I'd be the person I am today without him. Before dating Glen, I was on a downward slope. I was hanging out with bad people, I was acting like a bad girl. I wasn't myself, because I wanted both rebel and fit in at the same time. When I started dating Glen, almost 4 years ago now, I began a transformation. I stopped hanging out with the bad crowd, I started trying to respect everyone, tried to be more positive... I feel like a much better, mature, kinder person because of him.

Life never ceases to amaze. Looking back on my life, I easily see decisions I made that caused me to get to this very place, at this very moment. I can see the decisions where the path visibly split into multiple directions, and although sometimes the path I chose was dark and twisted, I think those are the trails that brought me here. All roads in life lead to the same destination, but it's the stops along the way that truly make it worth the trip.

I sound like a freakin' guru... I should change my name to TheHayleyGuru. That'd be awesome sauce. xD
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-29-2013, 01:10 PM

I now deem you GuruLady =P

I know exactly what you mean. Its been about a year and a half now since my ex and I split and I wasn't in a good place. I would go back to moments in the relationship and analyze and reanalyze and then re-reanalyze because I was so consumed about where things went wrong and how I could do better next time. I also was hurting from the fact that he started to like and then date another girl within weeks of us breaking up--with the girl he had been talking to while we were dating. It was just a hot mess that I was trying to figure out.

Now I realize that even though things went wrong, thats ok because I learned so much from him and am still learning things here and there from him. I learned that it was ok to be happy and love myself. It was ok to be myself and it was ok to go against the family. And now, I am expanding on those teachings.

I am now living for myself and not someone else (ok starting last night). I am going to do what I wish to do and make challenges and make opportunities for myself.

You're right Hayley. Its like I found an old friend.

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-29-2013, 01:27 PM

I prefer TheHayleyGuru. It's closer to my current name. And guru's aren't fancy like ladies, they are hardcore and official-like so they need a "THE" at the beginning. =P

That's great, and I am very happy for you for standing up for your inner self. ^_^