Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 07-16-2013, 11:42 PM

Gaga's new album is coming out November and her new single is coming out on August, 19th!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
ZSurber (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 07-18-2013, 12:23 AM

I miss this site and it saddens me to see it die so suddenly

Frost Was Here
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-18-2013, 09:28 AM

-_- For the last bloody time. If people would actually come on here, and contribute, instead of whining, IT WOULD BE ALIVE AGAIN.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-18-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
-_- For the last bloody time. If people would actually come on here, and contribute, instead of whining, IT WOULD BE ALIVE AGAIN.
^This this thisity this. Be part of the solution, not of the problem!

Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-18-2013, 08:17 PM

I got my hair colored for the first time today! I went from a dirty blonde to golden!

Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-19-2013, 12:11 AM

@ Wolfie, Miranda:

I still believe there is more to it than just that. The major issue, IMO, is "# of newbies < # of people leaving". Obviously, if that is true, then eventually the site will die. That is what is occurring, and the only way to fix it is to try and get the # of newbies at LEAST = to the number of people leaving. Posting can only do so much when someone makes a new thread and only two people respond, or if you post in a thread (a game thread, for example) and no one else posts there for over a month. A forum this size should have at LEAST 10 people on at any given time. We never seem to have more than 5 (many times I stop by and no one else is online) - less than half of what I believe necessary for the forum to remain "lively". Another major issue is lack of necessary updates, but that is beyond our control.

That's my 2 cents. (Canada right now, btw, is phasing out the penny. So, I guess I should say "That's my 5 cents"...)

So, for the randomness, I say...

CHEESE.

...is delish.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-19-2013, 12:19 AM

I agree with Hayley. Granted I am also one who left but that was due to some personal issues, I can remember when I would be on here for hours on end RPG'ing and wouldnt leave my computer screen. We also had about 12 or so people on here. But at the same time, most of us who were on here were younger and around high school age or younger. We had time to kill. Now a lot of us are growing older and having full time jobs, kids, and all sorts of stuff.

But thankfully, if this site does officially shut down we have our back up site!

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-19-2013, 01:55 AM

It does feel like old times though being online this late RPGing with you, Lady.

LOL. I'm going to call you Lady now. Sounds fancy. SingerLady, is even better. You went from Singergirl to SingerLady. High class now. xD
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-19-2013, 02:02 AM

Aww I feel so high society XD

And I know right! Remember when we used to schedule times on when to be on so we could RP. Good times Good times

Gah, I can remember when we used to be on here like 14 to 15 hours a day and take like short meal breaks ore eat while RPing. That's when I had a desktop and not a laptop haha

I feel so old now

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-19-2013, 03:02 AM

I see you've upgraded your siggy to a higher class too

I always have work, so I end up lurking most of the day. It's rare to see other people then anyway, though. I know lots of members never even set foot (mouse?) in the forums...heavens knows I didn't for years and years haha.

Av/Sig set: Lovie