Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 07-24-2012, 07:49 PM

Mosquito bites = -.-

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-24-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover642 View Post
Mosquito bites = -.-
Seconded. -.-

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-24-2012, 08:34 PM

We have th 25 thing here too, but the thing is though that my hubby, who was buying, had ID. Legally speaking, she is not selling to me anyway. I understand the annoying teens, I do, but speaking from a legal standpoint, if I WAS underage, it would be on the hands of my boyfriend and not her. You also didn't see how b*tchy she was about it, and it is rather annoying when people assume you're underage and act like, "Oh, look at these kids trying to get booze," and you ARE of legal age. It's one thing to be professional about it, and it's another to be fake and b*tchy by saying, "I'm so sorry, I can't sell to you then. I'll just take that back."

If they are going to card everyone at the cash whether they're buying or not, check ID at the door. No one I talked to has ever had anyone do that to them while being in the store NOT buying alcohol. Bars are completely different because you're drinking in the bar, hence the bar is responsible. If minors are caught drinking at a party or something, the police don't go after anywhere that sells alcohol.

I go by what I learned in kindergarten: Treat others how you want to be treated. This woman was literally one of the top 5 rudest people I have ever met in my life. Bad day or not, it appeared as though she was inventing rules just so we couldn't buy alcohol. Like I said, no one I've talked to has ever had this happen in their lifetime, so it is in no way "store policy".
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-24-2012, 08:38 PM

Unfortunately, it's the fault of the knee jerk reaction people who put these rules into place. I try to be civil when carding, but people do scream and shout at me sometimes when I do. I just don't want to have to pay a fine which I can't possibly afford if there happens to be a Trading Standards sting going on. :/

Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 07-25-2012, 01:18 PM

New avatar and signature

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-25-2012, 01:33 PM

This thread.

I have seen it before.

I have seen it in my dreams, seen it in the vastest concepts of Pythagoreon mathematics.

And yet I haven't posted in it since I've come back. What the hell is wrong with me?!

Just kidding, guys. ^__^

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-25-2012, 09:42 PM

Watching 3 seasons of Big Brother at once? Awesome. xD
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-27-2012, 04:10 PM

RANDOM THOUGHTS oooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmblargh.

Well, now that THAT'S out of my system, time to go do laundry and dishes and eat something.

PS, opening ceremonies tonight, woot! Too bad I'm a show so I'll miss them. Ah well, the magic of DVR

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 07-27-2012, 10:39 PM

GO USA!

Phelps and Lochte! <3

Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-29-2012, 10:53 PM

Summer lovin', had me a blast!
Summer lovin', happened so fast!
I met a girl, crazy for meeee.
I met a boy, he's as cute as can be!
SUMMER DAYS, DRIFTIN' AWAY, to ah-oh those summer nights!

UH WELLA WELLA WELLA UH...

Tell me more, tell me more! Did you get very far?
Tell me more, tell me more! Like does he have a car?

Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh!

She swam by me, she got a cramp
He ran by me, got my suit damp
I saved her life, she nearly drowned!
He showed off, splashing around.

SUMMER DAYS, DRIFTING AWAY...

I'm gonna stop now... I've watched Grease WAYYYYYY too many times. I used to watch it weekly with my mum when I was probably too young to be watching that movie. =P I've seen it at least 50 times, no joke.