Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 06-18-2012, 04:39 PM

I don't even know what kind of book I'd want to read - another reason why I haven't been. >_< I'm in to all sorts. I loved Harry Potter and I loved Wuthering Heights. I love Shakespeare, and I love Steven King. I'm one of those people who doesn't love one genre over another. Anything that's... good. xD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 06-18-2012, 04:43 PM

Hmmm... romantic or not? This kills a lot fo them, actually. XD I don't however, read ****- aka "romance" novels. Just a lot fo the books I read had romance as some part of the plot but don't really go into dirty details- which I prefer.

YA or Teen?

Modern times, AU, futuristic?

When you're in the mood to read, often times, even if you like a lotta books like I do, you already vaguely have something in mind.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-18-2012, 04:51 PM

Which is why I haven't read in a while, I have no vague outline of what I'd want to read though... I've been to the bookstore so much recently and never buy. I'm not in the mood RIGHT NOW, so maybe that's why, but I do think I should read more. I think I might go to the library sometime this week. I read a lot more when I went there regularly because I told myself I couldn't leave without a book. xD

What are some of your favourites?
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-18-2012, 04:58 PM

You asked the Impossible of me.

I like so much.

SO

MUCH.

You don't even know. I'm using one of my dressers as a part-time bookcase cus I'm outta room

Yet I want MORE BOOKS because I keep stumbling on more series...

Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-18-2012, 05:07 PM

I used to use my dresser as bookshelf! I have a lot of books from when I was in middle school. I used to be such a nerd. NOT SAYING YOU'RE A NERD... Oh boy... xD

I'm temped to read 50 Shades of Grey because of all the hype about how naughty it is. >=)
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 06-18-2012, 05:13 PM

I have recently caught the reading bug too, though I really always had it.

I loved the Hunger Games, only read the first so far, because it was so packed with adventure but also had some romance. I loved the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. One of my favorite contemporary reads was The DUFF by Kody Keplinger, but it does have a lot of s*x in it, which I didn't know before I read it.

But everyone has different tastes. You might want to join a site called Goodreads, which gives you reccomendations of books to read based on other choices.

Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-18-2012, 05:13 PM

OH, GOD NO
Don't do it, you won't survive the experience!

It's so horribly written!

I haven't read it, but I've read quotes and reviews. Hell, there's a spoof audio book made... here ya go!
(WARNING! This video is a spoof reading of a novel with EXPLICIT words used. Do not follow the link if you are not going to handle something meant for mature audiences.)
LiveLeak.com - 50 Shades of Grey the Audiobook, read by Gilbert Gottfried

Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-18-2012, 05:19 PM

I know it's horribly written. It was originally a Twilight fan-fic, after all. xD But that doesn't stop the strange temptation to look it over at least.

Thanks, Catlover, I'll check that site out. =D
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-18-2012, 05:25 PM

If you must look at it, get it from the library, or something.

I wouldn't survive
Nope

NOPE

Goodreads? Sounds like my kind of site!

Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 06-18-2012, 05:27 PM

Yeah it is really awesome. ^^ Kind of like the Facebook for reading, but not with all the annoying people.