Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 05-02-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
Hey--I like to rest in my restroom. No one ever bothers you in there!
Ditto, it's a nice place to relax with a magazine or something. I still call it the toilet though.

On the subject of weird word choices, I am always confused when people call the first floor of a building the "ground floor" and the second floor the "first floor" and so on.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 05-02-2012, 05:20 PM

Now, Miranda, let us not get hasty here! You never know, they just may need a large buggy. After all, what if that is octomom in that disabled stall, hm? So heartless!

I find the floor thing massively confusing. My college built a new building and its numbered L3, L2, L, then 1, 2, 3, 4? It makes no sense!

I believe I shall go crazy if this piercing does not quit itching.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-02-2012, 05:51 PM

Octomom probably needs a driving licence for her buggy! O_o

Don't scratch at the piercing; you might infect it. Someone I know did that to her belly piercing; she ended up having to go to hospital to have it removed, cuz all the scratching caused the piercing to scab right over it. O.o

Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 05-02-2012, 06:11 PM

I know, that is the worst! I just keep wearing bras all the time to prevent myself from touching it. Unfortunately, it snagged a few weeks ago and ripped the skin a bit, so the healing process from that on top of the usual stuff is making it itchy. Thankfully it looks like it finally scabbed properly and will heal back together, I was worried about losing that piercing entirely.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-02-2012, 06:15 PM

You could always put a round plaster on it; dunno if you have those over there, but we do. XD I do that if I get bitten by mosquitos in the summer, cuz otherwise, I just can't not scratch.

Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 05-05-2012, 02:19 PM

Gotta post later today after work. I've worked 10 out of the past 11 days (3PM-10PM shifts) and I'm busy packing because we need to be out of the apartment (and have it cleaned) by May 14th. >.<

Now I gotta leave for work. Lame.
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-05-2012, 02:22 PM

Aww. I've got a seven day working period coming up, cuz my days off are at the start of one week and the end of another, and I thought that was bad. XD

Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-05-2012, 09:29 PM

Yeah, I worked five days, had one day off, and worked another five. Now I have one more day off and then work again. >_< They tried to make me take a shift the one day I had off this last week and I was like, "Um, do you think I want to work 11 days in a row? No thanks". I worked 8 days in a row once and it was terrible.

I have to get packing tomorrow. I have the day to myself, and I can't even enjoy it. =/
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-06-2012, 09:09 AM

I hate packing; when I last moved, it was horrendous. Took me ages to get everything packed up and I kept finding bits of random crap like biro lids. -.-

I'm only not kicking up a fuss about the seven days straight cuz a) I work a Saturday night and a Sunday, which will give me some much needed extra cash and c) cuz my reward for doing seven days straight will be a four day weekend.

Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-06-2012, 06:32 PM

Yeah, I actually took two of those shifts on my own because I really need the extra cash. My hubby only got to calling the cable/internet/phone company a couple days ago and they were like, "Well, you have to give a months notice, so you have to pay May and June, and our cancellation fees for cancelling a plan early. $75 per service per year the contract would have lasted."

In total, I'm going to owe them $600. The phone service is $125 alone to cancel - we only pay $15/month on the phone. Meanwhile, our HDTV costs $80/month, and we only pay the $75 to cancel. WTF?

This move is costing me so much moolah. >_<