Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 04-14-2011, 11:45 AM

Indeed! -.- But, I suppose it would be too much to hope for realism when these people are just writing this stuff ot fill their sick sexual fantasies. O.o

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-14-2011, 03:27 PM

Exactly. There are some really sick badfics around. O.o

Tho, the fanfic rated the worst, ie My Immortal, is just hilariously funny. XD

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
naruto_fan (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 12 Votes / 4.25 Average
Default 04-14-2011, 03:45 PM

Thats true. Or they can look it up it up on the internet.

Henshin
MomoUraKinRyu
Climax Form
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 04-14-2011, 04:40 PM

That reminds me of this quote: "Giving a reader a sex scene that is only half right is like giving her half of a kitten. It is not half as cute as a whole kitten; it is a bloody, godawful mess."

(#15 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 04-14-2011, 04:42 PM

WTF? XDD Where did you find that one? It's a great quote, if awkward to read.

(#16 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 04-14-2011, 04:53 PM

It's from a book called How Not to Write a Novel. (Which should also be required reading for all fanfic-writers :P)

(#17 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 04-14-2011, 05:01 PM

Hell yes. XD Also, this: FAQ:For Other People - PPC Wiki

(#18 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 04-15-2011, 06:19 PM

I'm not exactly sure, seeing as I don't take much of an interest in fanfiction, but... ehm. Let me try here.

I hate badly pulled off crossovers. I'm a notorious supporter of crossovers, when they're actually done right. Naruto turning up in Harry Potter is an example of what I view as a bad, baaaad crossover. If a crossover is to be done, the crossed over canons must be similar and they must be fitted together in a manner that makes sense. For example.

Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil could be fitted together with some care; they're both about reanimating/zombifying viruses, and can thus be stuck together easily. CEDA? Front for a branch of the Umbrella Corporation. Green Flu? A highly modified T-virus strain that doesn't kill the victim but does produce a rabies effect, or somesuch nonsense.

Also, I generally dislike crossovers which make too much use of the canon characters. Tyrande Whisperwind having a boxing match with Arwen, for example. One of the satisfying parts of crossovers is seeing how this or that character would react to an element of this or that setting. On the other hand, crossovers which exist solely to produce a martial arts tournament effect between all the characters from each canon suck. End of story.

Another example of what I would view as a good crossover is... Halo and Warcraft. The Warcraft lore in question should NOT be present day; the canons could be fitted together by assuming the Forerunners are synonymous with the Titans and that Gravemind was actually an Old God. Preferably some sort of Old God who was somehow parasitic in nature- the Old Gods were referred to in one lore source as "parasitic, necrophotic symbiotes." It would take a lot of smoothing over of cracks and plenty of inventing straight-up bull****, but it -could- be made to work. A problem would be trying to come up with some kind of good story with such a crossover. You now have Warcraft and Halo slushed up together, but what exactly do you want to do next? That's a hard question to answer. Very, very hard indeed. One idea would be to try and portray a relationship between Gravemind and another Old God, possibly an existing Old God in WoW lore, such as Yogg-Saron or C'thun. Yogg-Saron and Gravemind would produce an interesting plot effect, as the Gravemind is a mass of corpses put together, and is therefore Undead of a sorts, and Yogg-Saron is a "God of death."

Of course, it would probably be a terrible, terrible idea if it was created just to produce a fight between the Gravemind and the Titans. X_x

TL;DR: I don't like when people make bad crossovers. You see? Good. I've seen HP-WoW crossovers. I kid thee not. They were horrifying. Ugh. Brain bleach, please. Thoughts, anybody?

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 04-15-2011, 06:28 PM

One of the most horrifying crossovers I ever saw was a Sonic/LOTR badfic. Maybe in the hands of an author with brains it might be possible to create a less horrifying fic, but I doubt it.

(#20 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-15-2011, 07:32 PM

The thing I hate is when people write bad cross overs they obviously know it's nearly impossible because they all follow the same storyline in order to mash together the two different worlds. If you going to try and do the what should be impossible and not allowed do it with creativity at least.