Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Deidra (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default Getting All Nostalgic: Remembering the 90s - 11-28-2010, 11:47 AM

I'm gonna be frank. I miss the cheesiness of the 1990s. XD
Oh, it was such a simpler time when I would match rainbow tights with corduroy jumpers. I wouldn't go anywhere without my matching rainbow sweater(I was Rainbow Brite incarnate, yall!). I'd get up extra early on Saturday to start my cartoon marathon. I could go on and on..but I'm not, I promise.

What are some of your memories?

av credit: moonshinegrafix @LJ
**Formerly worldgirl**
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-28-2010, 03:53 PM

Lol, this topic makes me feel unbelievably ancient. XD My childhood memories come from the 80s; all He-man and She-ra, leggings, Global Hypercolour t-shirts and stripy legwarmers. XD

As for the 90s, I was into Britpop in a big way and especially loved Kula Shaker. I was watching with delight the X-men and Spiderman cartoon series and at the end of the decade, celebrating the millenium down the pub with a bunch of friends.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 11-28-2010, 03:55 PM

Spiderman, YES! XD I loved my backpack with wheels along the bottom, and I used to play Doom, a demon-slaying computer game, when I was only 5.

Far too many childhood meories to count.

You'll feel less ancient, Miranda, when I tell you that my mom remembers the days when girls were first allowed to wear pants/trousers to school instead of formal dresses. That was the 60s

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-28-2010, 04:13 PM

Haha. XD My mum remembers having a massive pair of cork wedges with denim straps in the seventies; I, later on, bought an identical pair when wedges came back into fashion in the noughties. XD

(#5 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-28-2010, 04:19 PM

Oh, dear. XD All I ever wanted to wear as a kid were dresses, so I wasn't in on the weirdest of 90s trends. XD I was one part girly, one part tomboy, both equally mixed.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 11-28-2010, 05:22 PM

I loved cartoons too, Sailor Moon and Tom And Jerry were my favourites. Though mostly I played outside as a kid. I had a bad habit of wandering off and scaring my parents sh*tless when they couldn't find me .

(#7 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-28-2010, 05:34 PM

Sailor Moon was, like, my idol, practically. XD

I had a tendency to jump in mud puddles and chase after bugs and little fish in streams. Oh, and I was in ballet.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-28-2010, 05:39 PM

Lol. I was in a ballet class for about a month; after that, it became painfully clear that I was rubbish at dancing, so I had horse riding lessons instead.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-28-2010, 05:45 PM

Horse riding lessons? I hate you; we don't have any horses nearby; the closest is an hour away. I was a pretty good dancer; not good enough to go professional, but definitely better than average.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-28-2010, 06:01 PM

I was good at that. ^^ I first went to a stables nearby, then when that closed down, to another a few extra miles away.