Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Getting All Nostalgic: Remembering the 90s (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/22716-getting-all-nostalgic-remembering-90s.html)

Deidra 11-28-2010 12:47 PM

Getting All Nostalgic: Remembering the 90s

I'm gonna be frank. I miss the cheesiness of the 1990s. XD
Oh, it was such a simpler time when I would match rainbow tights with corduroy jumpers. I wouldn't go anywhere without my matching rainbow sweater(I was Rainbow Brite incarnate, yall!). I'd get up extra early on Saturday to start my cartoon marathon. I could go on and on..but I'm not, I promise.:lol:

What are some of your memories?

Miranda_ 11-28-2010 04:53 PM

Lol, this topic makes me feel unbelievably ancient. XD My childhood memories come from the 80s; all He-man and She-ra, leggings, Global Hypercolour t-shirts and stripy legwarmers. XD

As for the 90s, I was into Britpop in a big way and especially loved Kula Shaker. I was watching with delight the X-men and Spiderman cartoon series and at the end of the decade, celebrating the millenium down the pub with a bunch of friends.

spirit_queen 11-28-2010 04:55 PM

Spiderman, YES! XD I loved my backpack with wheels along the bottom, and I used to play Doom, a demon-slaying computer game, when I was only 5. :lol:

Far too many childhood meories to count.

You'll feel less ancient, Miranda, when I tell you that my mom remembers the days when girls were first allowed to wear pants/trousers to school instead of formal dresses. :lol: That was the 60s

Miranda_ 11-28-2010 05:13 PM

Haha. XD My mum remembers having a massive pair of cork wedges with denim straps in the seventies; I, later on, bought an identical pair when wedges came back into fashion in the noughties. XD

spirit_queen 11-28-2010 05:19 PM

Oh, dear. XD All I ever wanted to wear as a kid were dresses, so I wasn't in on the weirdest of 90s trends. XD I was one part girly, one part tomboy, both equally mixed. :lol:

Elanorea 11-28-2010 06:22 PM

I loved cartoons too, Sailor Moon and Tom And Jerry were my favourites. Though mostly I played outside as a kid. I had a bad habit of wandering off and scaring my parents sh*tless when they couldn't find me :lol:.

spirit_queen 11-28-2010 06:34 PM

Sailor Moon was, like, my idol, practically. XD

I had a tendency to jump in mud puddles and chase after bugs and little fish in streams. :lol: Oh, and I was in ballet.

Miranda_ 11-28-2010 06:39 PM

Lol. I was in a ballet class for about a month; after that, it became painfully clear that I was rubbish at dancing, so I had horse riding lessons instead. :lol:

spirit_queen 11-28-2010 06:45 PM

Horse riding lessons? :-( I hate you; we don\'t have any horses nearby; the closest is an hour away. I was a pretty good dancer; not good enough to go professional, but definitely better than average.

Miranda_ 11-28-2010 07:01 PM

I was good at that. ^^ I first went to a stables nearby, then when that closed down, to another a few extra miles away.