Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-30-2010, 08:37 PM

Like pointing them at each other? "Don't try and take my sweets; I'm armed and dangerous with... a Sky Dancer!" XD

I used to aim my cap gun at other kids; we all did. We didn't know any better and we were well, kids. It wasn't the done thing to listen to your parents' warnings about how you could take someone's eye out with a well aimed cap.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 11-30-2010, 08:42 PM

We did that with nrf guns and such. XD We also did other dangerous games, like Beddy-Bye and that nameless one where we would put the mattress on the lower bunk half off the bed and march around it in our socks, slipping and sliding every which way. I also used ot enjoy cutting up skittles with knives when mom wasn't aorund. XD Are you surprised that I cut myself one time? And I'm not talking butter knives, i'm talking ultra sharp slice-throuh-a-hair knives XD

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-30-2010, 08:48 PM

One of my and my friends' favourite pasttimes as kids was taking our skateboards to the top of this hill (which, incidentally, had a fairly busy road at the bottom), lying down flat on the skateboards and, well, you can guess the rest.

Surprisingly, none of us ever got hurt cept my cousin who chickened out halfway down the hill and tried to stop; he ended up flipping off the skateboard. As for our parents, their only comment was, "Well, serves you right for doing such dangerous things". XD

When I was at primary school, I was once dared to climb a tree. I caught the skirt of my summer dress on a branch and fell out. I wasn't badly hurt; just cuts and bruises. However, my mum was livid cuz I tore my summer dress all the way up the back so badly it couldn't be mended and I had to have a new one. After that, I made sure that I tucked my skirt into my knickers whenever I climbed trees.

(#24 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 11-30-2010, 08:51 PM

We had this tree in our backyard, and I was the exper at climbing it, aside fomr my dad, who cheated because he had longer limbs. XD My mom would scream at me when she came outside and found me sitting on a branch about 12 feet form the ground that was my favorite perch. XD

King of the Hill in winter was great fun, and we used ot ride our bikes down a steep hill into the forest. XD Oh, the memories! I always felt like I had to show the boys that I could do whatever they could do... within reason. XD I avoided the things they did with fire. O_o

(#25 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 12-01-2010, 06:18 AM

I loved to climb trees, too XD. There was this tree in front of our building that had lots of low branches, so it was easy to climb up. Once we found the pieces of a discarded shelving unit near the trashcans, and attempted to make a tree house out of them... it didn't work out .

And we'd also ride our bikes down the ramp of the two-story parking garage of a nearby furniture store. Fun times . (though that happened a bit later than the 90s... early 2000s, maybe. I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was in my teens.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladoggy View Post
EDIT: I looked it up; they're actually called "Sky Dancers"
<---That's one of the ones I had. I loved the "zwoosh"-y noise they made
Yeah, that's what I meant. Didn't know the official English name for them, so I just translated directly.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 12-01-2010, 10:54 AM

I never played with any dolls; nearest thing I had to a doll was my She-ra and Swiftwind toys.

(#27 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 12-01-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
I never played with any dolls; nearest thing I had to a doll was my She-ra and Swiftwind toys.
My sister never played with dolls either. In a poor attempt from my evil-Christian grandmother she was given an Exercise Barbie, in hopes to prevent any more obsessions with boy stuff/clothes. She didn't even pause on our way home to say "Here, you have it.". It wasn't my "type" of thing either though because she was ugly. One of those newly available movable joints and large flat feet. I took the clothes and tossed the doll aside, lol.

Zanna was always a fan of Batman and the like. We were polar-opposite twins. Half the room was lavishly decorated in pinks/purples and dolls strewn everywhere, and the other half was a black hole of action figures xD

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 12-01-2010, 04:25 PM

Heh, I always loved dolls, and I guess I never quite grew out of that phase .

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-16-2010, 06:46 PM

Anyone else watch the Power Rangers? The special effects now would look cruddy but I remember not being able to tear my eyes away from the screen.

Everyone in our class wanted to be a Power Ranger, red, black, blue and green were all represented amongst the boys. I was the only girl who wanted to the the yellow ranger though, all the other girls wanted to be the pink ranger...

I can still remember that first episode clearly, and all of their zords and such...Yup, the Power Rangers were my childhood idols XD

(#30 (permalink))
Old
Always_And_Forever_MeGeek (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-16-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Everyone in our class wanted to be a Power Ranger, red, black, blue and green were all represented amongst the boys. I was the only girl who wanted to the the yellow ranger though, all the other girls wanted to be the pink ranger...
Well, I wanted to be theblue ranger, and I didn't care if he was a boy (And like you said all the other girls wanted to be pink).

Also, I had a HUGE collection of beanie babies. I also I collected Hotwheels. I stole them from my brother and his friends. XD

But, bar none, my favorite was Hotwheels, because I had a knack of 'borrowing' them from my brother and never giving them back to him. I also still have the original Gameboy. That also was my brothers. Things in our house were, passed around.

image: from google
edit: by me