Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Vacations (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/22384-vacations.html)

ColorPencil 06-05-2010 04:55 PM

Vacations

Vacations. What a paradise! Talk about your vacations here and such.

Since my family doesn't have a lot of money, we don't really go on vacations. Except, I go to my grandparent's lake cottage in Michigan (for free obviously :D) every year because it is a tradition. I've gone to Tampa, Florida to Redington Beach ever since I was about 3, but stopped when I was 6 or 7 because we didn't have the money to go every year, and that's about the time when my parent's divorce hit. My mom is trying to take us next year or the year after (trying to get money still) because we haven't gone there in FOREVER and it'd be nice again.

antimaie 06-05-2010 05:02 PM

This year I'm going to Canada & Michigan for two to three weeks. I was supposed to go to France with my Grandma, but stuff happened, and it never got planned. Oh well.

Next summer, I'm going on a weeklong Caribbean cruise with my firends, and then we're spending a week in Florida, going to Harry Potter World, shopping, Disney World (hopefully for cheap if I get my job!), & other stuff.

PruneBlossom 07-10-2010 09:11 AM

I definaitely would like to visist Europe one day, especially France and Italy. It's just so romantic there.

Elanorea 07-10-2010 01:03 PM

I'm one of those weird people who doesn't really like travelling, even though the rest of my family loves it. Especially my grandmother, who likes to travel to Spain or Egypt every year. I'd go crazy if I had to sit in a bus for so long :lol:.

We usually have a bicycle trip every year, with our family and some of our parents' friends. Last year's was near Lake Peipsi, I don't know what they've planned this year but unless my bicycle gets fixed I won't be able to go anyway :/.

When I was a kid, we used to go on a vacation to Hiiumaa every year (me, my grandparents, siblings and cousins); we stayed with our grandparents' friends. It's kind of a family tradition that started when my mom was still a child. We'd sleep in the hayloft and go swimming at a different beach every day. I loved those vacations when I was little, but I got bored of them when I was around 15 or so and I stopped going.

/ramble

Miranda_ 07-10-2010 02:14 PM

Can't afford a holiday this year; but next year will mark ten years that my fiance and I have been together. We'd like to celebrate by going to Paris. ^^

Cheshire1996 07-10-2010 06:46 PM

We're heading to Japan later this year, So I've been up and about checking out places to go and stay with Mum and it's super exciting ^.^

ColorPencil 07-10-2010 07:57 PM

You guys are soo lucky!! ^^
Celidih (did I spell it right lol), what part of Michigan do you go to?

NotYourPrincess 07-11-2010 05:44 PM

I'm right next to Memphis.

Who needs a vacation when they live right not to Memphis?!

Silent_Wolf 07-11-2010 07:03 PM

Everybody's telling me to look at living in Pittsburgh as though it were a vacation.

*stare*

No.

I don't like traveling.

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 07-12-2010 01:09 AM

I'm not travelling this summer, but I usually go to the mountains in SC to visit my grandparents. They live on a beautiful lake there that is great to swim in, if you can ignore the snakes, fish, and scorpions D:

Next year me and Jason are planning a potential weekend trip to Niagra Falls. We live a few hours away, so we can drive up one morning and stay a few days. We'd like to splurge on a room with a sweet view of the falls :3 and a jacuzzi. That is very important in our minds. It'd be our first real vacation together since we've never gone anywhere that wasn't family. I'd also still really like to do a camping trip, but it's going to have to wait another year unfortunately. When we do go next year, we can bring his friend who is getting home from overseas and hopefully his potential girlfriend/my friend and get smashed. Well, I'd get illegally smashed since I'd be only 20.

LOL, Wolfie, people act the same way when I tell them I live in NYC. Until I tell them its Harlem, then they get all "OMG, Harlem?!"