Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default You're 12. You Smoke. You're not a virgin. Your BF is 17? You must be proud. >.< - 02-27-2010, 09:38 PM

I'll admit, I TRY to be tolerant... I TRY to think "Well, it's their life not mine," but I need to get some stuff off my chest. Keep in mind, all these points are just my opinions, and I want to know what you guys feel about this stuff.

Warning, some mature themes.

1) Teenage mothers. I mean, nothing says STUPID like having a baby when you're only 14 or so (sometimes younger). Holy hell, unless I was extremely high in Health class all my life, I'm PRETTY SURE we learned about this little thing called safe sex. You know, condoms, birth control pills... or even better when you're 12 - ABSTINENCE. Wait a while, or do it smart. Unless you're trying to have a baby and (more than likely) ruin your future, try to abide by the rule "no glove, no love". I understand mistakes happen, but condoms are successful 98% of the time when used properly. Some statistics? Only 1/3 of teenage mothers get a high school diploma and 80% end up on welfare. Sounds like a great idea, right?

2) Drugs/Smoking/Alcohol. Ok, sure, I've drank/done drugs when I was 16-ish, but it seems like the age is getting younger and younger, and the usage is getting much worse. Kids as young as 12 are smoking, drinking, or using drugs. I don't even want to think about that.

3) Pedophiles? Okay, not quite, but I find it incredibly creepy when teenage boys as old as 18 or 19 date girls as young as 12 or 13. WTF? Anything more than a 3 year age difference at that time of a person's life is a little much. Besides, why is the world would a 18 year old date a 13 year old? Most 13 year olds are only starting to go through puberty and haven't fully delevoped. If anyone IS around 13 and a guy that much older asks you out, really think about it for a second. Why is he dating you when he could be dating women his own age? Answer - he probably likes little girls. STAY AWAY. Especially if they want in your pants.

This rant is manly because I joined a facebook page "You're 12. You smoke. You're not a virgin. You're BF is 17? You must be proud. >.>" A whole bunch of girls are posting on that wall saying, "Haha, that's just like me!"

And I die a little more on the inside. WHAT IS GOING ON IN OUR SOCIETY?!

/rant.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 02-28-2010, 01:54 PM

First off, you make me giggle since we're both a fan of the page. Such a coincidence there.

Obviously the girls posting that are the lot who don't think it'll ever happen to them. They won't learn till they end up knocked up... Also, what is with the comments about how if its gross at 12, it has to be gross at all ages? I don't find 18 year olds having sex gross, but I do find the idea of immature 12 year olds doing it disgusting. It puts a bad taste in my mouth since that is an age where you are still a child in your mind and can't think beyond the moment.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-02-2010, 08:32 AM

The problem is that a lot of young girls grow up having zero respect for themselves and their bodies. This is partly due to parents, or rather, parent; some of these girls are daughters of single mothers who are exactly how the page describes them. And when their daughters see their mothers going out wearing hardly any clothes, getting drunk and opening their legs for every man who winks at them, it's not surprising that they follow suit.

It's also due in part to the celebrities that these girls idolise. When a girl states proudly that she wants to be just like Jordan, then you've got a problem. For the Americans, Jordan, or Katie Price, is a loud mouthed hag who is largely famous for her inflatable bo'obs and nasty attitude.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 03-02-2010, 09:19 AM

Is it bad that I don't really care? I mean, yeah, a lot of these people are morons who should be disqualified from the human race, but as long as they don't start forcing their lifestyle choices on me I don't let it bother me.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 03-02-2010, 09:21 AM

I care... cuz my taxes are going to keep these stupid girls and their millions of babies in their council house and supply them with cigarette and booze money.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 03-02-2010, 10:50 AM

Well yeah, if you put it like this... that's why the amount of tax money spent on welfare benefits should be kept high enough that people who need it won't starve to death, but low enough that people aren't encouraged to freeload off society. They should realise that if they don't work, they won't be able to afford a comfortable life.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 03-02-2010, 10:53 AM

They also should realise the simple rule of "if you can't feed 'em, then don't breed 'em." If they can't afford to pay for their babies, then they shouldn't be allowed to keep them. There are dozens of childless couples who'd be able to care for these kids better; and perhaps the shock of losing their children might make these girls pull their socks up and become better members of society.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 03-03-2010, 07:56 PM

I need to find that facebook page and join it. xD

I think it's stupid how they think smoking and drinking is cool, seriously, it's not. >__>

baby, you got me. ♥
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-03-2010, 11:15 PM

Login | Facebook

Maybe that'll work? I think?

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#10 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 03-05-2010, 06:51 PM

It did. I thank you tons Kitty.

baby, you got me. ♥