Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 02-19-2010, 05:43 PM

17 of the 80's and 33 of the 90's. My favorites are the "NOT!" "Psyche!" and "Talk to the hand" I still use 'Not!' in fact it was used just yesterday on Facebook xD

Huge fan of the Slap bracelets and Giga pets. I remember both of those being banned I also remember my mother franticly trying to keep my twin and I's Giga pets from dying while we were at school so as to not dissappoint us, lol!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-19-2010, 06:47 PM

I can sing along to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air rap xDD And I was born in 1996 I am just that special. I also played with "My Little Ponies" and watched the shows and I'm watched Jem before...and I also watched Rainbow Brite once ^^

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 02-19-2010, 08:15 PM

I was one of those edge babies(90, ftw), but for some reason I am incredibly familiar with some of the 80s fads. I think its because early on there was a lot of overlap.

80s--13
90s--36

I actually was so incredibly failsome as a child that I did manage to get hurt on a slip n slide. I also managed to get my face jumped on on a trampoline though D: One big thing for me, back in the day, as "Double Dare". I loved that show so much. "Physical Challenge!"

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-20-2010, 09:08 AM

Double dare! Oh my gosh I miss that show. ;.; And all the crazy gross stuff they had to drag themselves through at the end.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#15 (permalink))
Old
angel_deceiver (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via Yahoo to angel_deceiver
Default 02-20-2010, 11:15 AM

ha and the bab parker price is right. its just not the same with drew carey. lol and mostly tenns now instead of old ladies who couldn't spin the wheel. yep just not the same.

"angels lie to keep control" -Slipknot
(#16 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 02-20-2010, 01:07 PM

I was born in 1989 so I am more of a child of the 90's. I miss care bears Care bear count down XD

(#17 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-20-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
Double dare! Oh my gosh I miss that show. ;.; And all the crazy gross stuff they had to drag themselves through at the end.
Lol. Over here, we had Funhouse instead. XD I used to love that show, and long to be on it.

YouTube - Fun House UK - Full Episode - Part 1

And ooh, the Crystal Maze! I loved that show, too, and used to shout rude things at the contestants if they missed a crystal or got locked in. XD

YouTube - The Crystal Maze 1993

(#18 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 02-20-2010, 07:32 PM

Born in the year 1990, yo! :P

80s - 18
90s - 34

I loved Goosebumps and Are You Afraid of the Dark! Watched them every time they were on. XD

Don't remember anything called Double Dare though... maybe we didn't have it here in Canada.

HOWEVER, I remember this epic game show called Uh-Oh! xD I wanted to be on that... it would be fun to be slimed. ^_^

For those who don't know what it is, it aired in the late 90s, into the early 2000s. Three teams (Blue, Green, and Red) of 3 (or was it four...) would spin a wheel. Sometimes you'd land on free points, compete in a weird challenge (crawling in a pool of nasty barf-looking stuff trying to find an object, fire balloons into the audience, feeling items from behind a screen and trying to guess what it was to win points, etc.), do speed trivia, be able to trade scores with another team, and sometimes you'd land on UH OH! - where you'd climb into this tube thing and your teammate was asked a trivia question and if it was right you got points, and if it wasn't... UHOH! You were slimed. Loved that show...
(#19 (permalink))
Old
angel_deceiver (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via Yahoo to angel_deceiver
Default 02-21-2010, 12:44 PM

u know what else that was awesome back then? the rock and roll lol.
but seriously my niece watches the old my little pony still, and
DOES ANYONE REMEMBER BobbIES WORLD?
or the powerpuff girls and dexter's lab lol

"angels lie to keep control" -Slipknot
(#20 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-21-2010, 12:51 PM

I used to love the Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's lab! Also, did anyone else ever start sentences with the words. "But yeah, no..."

Av/Sig set: Lovie