Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-01-2010, 02:57 PM

Nope. Nothing. We're born, we die, we feed the worms. The end. I tend to lean towards LaVeyan Satanism in some ways, as in the point of life is to enjoy it rather than suffering thru it in order to earn brownie points for the afterlife.

By the way, LaVeyan Satanism is NOT devil worship. Please google it before making ignorant comments. I also respect anyone who follows a different belief system to me; I prefer to practice what I preach, personally.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 06-01-2010, 11:42 PM

The "brownie points" things mostly applies to catholics and other, stricter types of Christians, and Muslims. The particular branch I belong to states that there's nothing you can do to earn your way o heaven; it's a gift.

And I still do enjoy myself, quite a bit, within certain limits. But, speaking to you, Miranda, you seem to share a lot of my views on fun, so those don't necessarily have much to do with religion (for me they do, but there are a lot of people who share my views who are even anti-religious)

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-02-2010, 07:22 AM

That's exactly it; I get on with you, cuz you're easygoing enough not to drag religion into everything. XXD Plus, I get on well with my parents (Church of England and Jewish), and other people in my immediate family circle who practice religion.

It's not just restricted to Catholism tho, the brownie points; there are some people at my mother's church who believe that spending your life having fun is sinful. My mum tends to ignore those people, tho. XD

(#24 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-02-2010, 07:51 AM

I ignore thoe people, too. XD I call them psycho-religious, and deem them dangerous indeed. O.o
My somewhat anti-religious friend says that extremely whacko churches and the like should be labeled as cults. (She's only somewhat because, though she doesn't agree with my beliefs, she deems me one of the harmless, even helpful religious types. XD)

And, actually, I believe God's in everything, but I just don't prattle on about it. XD If i'm going to discuss religion with someone who has more or less opposite views to mine, then I make sure to remain civil and understanding, and patient. Always patient. XD I don't necessarily expect anyone to convert, just to understand where I'm coming from. Anjd these talks are rare, and usually only occur when my somewhat anti-religious friend has a question that she randomly blurts out for no reason. XD

Due to the fact that the internet can never reveal tone of voice (the best you can get is a smiley ), I avoid such discussions online, since I'm afraid of coming across as hostile when I'm trying to just be firm, or something.

(#25 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-02-2010, 07:58 AM

My reaction is mainly to tell a joke, which often offends, cuz a lot of these psycho religious types just can't take a joke anyway, real life or online. O_o

(#26 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-02-2010, 08:12 AM

h, dear. XD I can take some jokes, so long as they're not the deliberately spiteful kind, but I don't think you'd use those ones.

Have you seen the blasphemy motivational posters? xD They're horrible but hilarious at the same time.

(#27 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-02-2010, 08:15 AM

Yeah; I've got one saved to my photobucket.

(#28 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-02-2010, 08:19 AM

Isn't that horrible? XD Have you seen the "don't keep the Virgin hangin!" high five one? XD I really want to do that one now. XD

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-02-2010, 09:52 AM

Don't think so. XD

Anyway, there are hardcore religious types who'd be spontaniously combusting right about now.

(#30 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 06-02-2010, 05:13 PM

I know I'm very young, but I think I'm more of a Jewish Reconstructionist. These are people who believe in God but decide to take what they learn from the religon and use it as they percieve it. Honestly, I'm not very religous at all. I still go to sunday school and celebrate holidays, but I'm not "in your face about it."

Usually I don't like talking about religon with most people because they get out of hand and I always end up with a headache. >.<