Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 02-09-2010, 10:16 AM

I'm a godless heathen

Well actually, I was raised non-religious, and until recently I hadn't given the existence of god serious consideration. In all honesty, the possibility rather scares me.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 02-09-2010, 11:29 AM

I am not a Christian, however I was raised Christian. I never did like to go to church mainly because my dad was working most of the time and my mom didn't care enough to take us. In about middle school, after my parents divorced and what not, my dad decided to go back to church and he took me with him. Granted it was fun, but even in the church, it just never felt right. I still felt like an outcast.

Then one of my friends introduced me into this book series called Sweep (very good btw) and it was all about Paganism. Granted some of it was a little unrealistic, but it had the same priniciples that regular Paganism had. I had never felt more connected with a book before. After that, I got online and started to look up Paganism. I fell in love with it.

When I told my dad that I had started to change religions, he wasn't so happy. But I gave him a book explaining everything and he started to accept the way I wanted to live. My mother still thinks this is just a phase. I am 17 now, I changed back in 8th grade for sure so I would have been 12 or 13, so about 5 or 6 years ago. Some phase.

We don't have a heaven or hell, we have karma, which I think works a bit better than a heaven or hell. Karma comes back immediately and its not as forgiving. You can have a pure heart, pure intentions, but if sway from that, Karma still comes and gets you. You don't have to wait 60 to 100 years for God or Jesus's review of your life. Karma does it for you.

Plus, for me, Christianity and Cathlicathism (sorry if I mispelled this) is so strict. Paganism is a lot more free and accepting. You can be ga.y, black, white, grey, pink, yellow, anti-christian, pro-christian, jewish, hindu, bhuddist, anything, and be a Pagan.

Hope this also doesn't offend anyone.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 02-09-2010, 02:34 PM

Yeah, it CAN be pretty strict sometimes, but I guess that goes into the "type" of Christian you are, once again.

I once told a friend that if I wasn't Christian, I'd likely be Pagan or something, just because the very.... spiritual feel of it is very like me.

(#14 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 02-11-2010, 10:34 PM

I'm in the same boat as Miranda. I don't really think there's an afterlife, and I don't think we were created by some higher power. I think we live, die, and that's it.

I wasn't born incredibly religious (my mum used to go to church before she married my dad, but my family as a whole has never went). However, I have gone a couple times due to my best friend being a pastor's daughter and thus, very religious. Sometimes I do think, "what if there was a God?" and then think, "No, highly doubt it."

There's so many religions, and some are very different then others. What religion is the "right" religion? I guess it's a fate thing, but for example, what if there was really an Islamic God? When others die, they'd be like, "Woah, guess we were wrong." The whole idea seems really weird to me.

Besides, in ancient times they believed in many different Gods. The Greeks had their own set, the Egyptians had theirs, etc. Now those are just considered "myths". What makes those myths any different from the stories in the Bible, for example? Isn't the whole Noah's Ark concept just as plausible as the myth of Hercules tasks? Who's to say the Greeks, or some other ancient civilization, were wrong?

Again, I guess it all comes down to your "faith" and what kind of thing you believe. You know what, just for kicks, if someone asks me what my religion is from now on, I'll tell them I believe in the Greek myths. =D I'll probably be stared at, and thought as weird, but whatever. xD

Hmmm... I was going to say something else, but I can't remember...

Remember, it's only my opinion. :P
(#15 (permalink))
Old
angel_deceiver (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via Yahoo to angel_deceiver
Default 02-11-2010, 10:55 PM

Not that I want anyone to take offense to my opinion but I really don't believe in any religon at all. i honestly think its a way to scare people into behaving. I don't mean this offensively but that is howI feel

"angels lie to keep control" -Slipknot
(#16 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-11-2010, 10:55 PM

My family has never been strict about Religion. We celebrate Christmas and Easter and other Christian holidays, so we consider ourselves Christian. We used to go to Church as much as possible, but I guess I didn't really understand all of it. However, when I started at my Middle School, I made a new friend who was raised as a Christian. We soon became good friends and we started going to Youth Group together. I for one love it, and have decided to take on the role of a Christian. Thus meaning I am giving up some certain habits of mine. However, there are some things I believe that are not apart of Christianity. I'll list them off, and the reasons why.

Reincarnation(from Buddhism): This is because of my dog. He died in October of 2008(wow two years ) And the following February we got a new dog of the same breed. This dog(which I adore as much as my old one) came from a different breeder than the first one, but he shared many personality traits. In fact, they are so much alike that we often called our new dog (Which is named Rebel) Syd (which was our old dog's name).

That there are other Gods(i.e Greek and Roman mythology): I'm not sure why, but I've always grown up with this belief.

There are spirits around us(Dunno where this comes from): I believe that once we die and go to Heaven, a piece of our souls is left behind to comfort those we have left. This evolved from my childhood, in which I was given a vast ammount of ghost stories.

I believe that what we believe is truth. If we believe we will die and be reincarnated, we shall be. If we believe we will go to Heaven, we will. If we believe that we will die, and that's the end of it, it will be.

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#17 (permalink))
Old
jellydino (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 05-28-2010, 04:04 AM

I'm a proud atheist, and realist. I believe in the big bang. Period.
I find religion, a way out of consequence. Some believe that if they go to confessional all is forgiven. Well, not if you are a homicidal maniac. Many hide behind religion and use it as a excuse for being judgmental. IDGAF if gud or jeebus told you that ***s or non-virgins are supposedly against god's word, who cares.
People have stop following those orders. Everyone is an individual. I also don't like when people go 'disability is due to the parents sins'. Now, THAT infuriates me. I believe religion was "invented" to bring the people into order at the time, so that they were scared into doing the right thing, otherwise they'll burn in hell with some horned dude. I am fine with religion, don't get me wrong but I can't stand judgemental folk or atheist/other religion bashers.

I, make dollz.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 05-31-2010, 05:01 PM

I can't believe I didn't post in here. *hm*

There's something out there with a very scary sense of humor. That's what I think. If there is a supreme being out there, why would they punish us for just being human?

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#19 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 05-31-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
I can't believe I didn't post in here. *hm*

There's something out there with a very scary sense of humor. That's what I think. If there is a supreme being out there, why would they punish us for just being human?
Because they have no lives?

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#20 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 05-31-2010, 05:56 PM

I am agnostic.

I use to be atheist, but then I started to hate my own kind. I found that as a majority, atheist were pretty much on the same table as Christians. They believed Christians to be stupid. And Christians believed Atheists to be stupid.
They were on the same table, just opposite ends.

I believe that religion is very good for some people. Some people need to believe that they're not alone no matter what they do.

I believe that there's a higher intelligence than us. The universe is such a vast thing, there HAS to be something out there besides us.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.