Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
chelsea_welsea_1 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default ~*Driving*~ - 11-10-2009, 01:59 PM

Has anyone here started driving yet? I recently got my permit and i have about 20 hours of driving time. Its a very exciting/scary thing. I also realized that there are a lot of things you have to do to get your drivers license and not all of them are fun. It is required where I live for you to have taken drivers ed if you are under eighteen. I am finished with it this thursday! Then i will only have to wait six more months until I can get my license!

So, how far have you gotten on getting your license or what did you have to do?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 11-10-2009, 02:12 PM

I was too scared to drive when I was 15. I didn't trust myself or the others around me, so I knew it would be better if I waited until I was ready for it, not just because I was 'of age'. A lot of teens just do it because they can, even though some of them (though very VERY deep down) know that they would be a larger danger to society than the rest of the teens. It wasn't because I was irrisponsible or would have drove around playing with the radio (iPods for you youngsters since CD players were still pretty popular when I was 15) or my phone, it's just that I knew I would be second guessing myself which would have made me more dangerous...or just a nuisance, lol.

I started driving when I was 18. I was still scared, but I wasn't second-guessing myself so much. Since I had plenty of practice and paid attention for years I aced my driving test (my twin sister got her licesnce the second she could and barely passed).

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
chelsea_welsea_1 (Offline)
Shuni

Default 11-10-2009, 02:31 PM

Yea I was the same at 15 I could not imagine myself driving and I didnt think i would be very good since I had no experience.
I am 16 and a half now so i will be getting my license around 17. Driving is a HUGE responsibility, a car is a lethal weapon , so you should be sure you are mature enough and all that when you want to start driving. I have been driving about everyday for a month and i still make stupid mistakes sometimes like i did when i first started out ( nothing serious of course lol ) but im sure i wont be even close to a perfect driver for years.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-10-2009, 03:45 PM

I actually don't drive even though I have my permit. I didn't even get my permit until I was almost 18. The truth is I simply don't need it since I live in NYC, where driving is more of a hassle than anything else. I'd rather just figure out the subway schedule than hope into a car.

The permit is useful though when I go home upstate since I can practice driving(or say I will, like I usually do). I've only really driven maybe 3 or 4 times since I've gotten it, mostly because I get panicky behind the wheel. I just can't trust myself with it even though I know I really need to get my license if I ever expect to move back upstate to live there. On the bright side, since we are moving to a smaller neighborhood, I can practice a bit more without worrying about running over kids, which is nice. Kids are my number one worry... well, that and left turns. I can't seem to ever do one without potentially hitting another driver. Just need more practice... next summer

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 11-10-2009, 03:58 PM

I don't have a permit, nor do I want it. There is simply no reason for me to do much of anything around town in a car. My parents want me to get it for emergencies, but what kind of emergency would there be if neither of them could drive? And there's an ambulance station literally up the road.

Honestly, I'm more worried that they'll make me run errands for them and then expect me to pay for my own gas. -.-

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#6 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 11-10-2009, 04:21 PM

Gas money! That was a nice unexpected plus to waiting to get my license, lol. See my mom has.sled my sister for gas money all the time (at times they shared a car) and even though she hadn't driven anywhere or near as much as my mom she would have to pitch in half. All my money went to dates and clothes, WAY more important to me at the time, lol. I didn't start driving until I'd moved states away from my mother, so I never had to chip in for squat . Though the downside was that in addition to paying for half of the gas, my sister also started paying all of the car notes so that when it was paid off the car would be hers. I didn't get a half paid off car like she did. I didn't get anything. *pouts*

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-10-2009, 06:55 PM

I started driving very late, and instead of learning to drive a car, learned to ride a motorbike. Yes, I know people like to bleat, "Wah wah it's dangerous!" but honestly, it isn't any more dangerous than riding a pushbike on the roads, as long as you wear all the leathers and a proper crash helmet. I still can't drive a car which is good cuz it means no-one ever asks me to give them lifts, and I'm never the designated driver.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-10-2009, 07:06 PM

Ugh, the path to getting your license where I live (not sure if it's the same all around Canada) is PAINFUL. You have to go through so many different tests, and there's all these different levels... >.> HAHA, but I laugh, because their on strike, and teens can't get their licenses. XD

I actually don't like driving much. xD Sometimes, I walk instead, or bus. Of course, that's probably just because there's only 1 car between my parents and myself. :P
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-10-2009, 07:14 PM

I use public transport a lot. I get the train to London, and if I go shopping, I get the bus cuz I loath parking in town. X_x It's pretty good where I live, so you have that choice.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 11-10-2009, 08:41 PM

It'ss terrible where I live, and it has to do with my city's history, which I own't reveal due to privacy...

Anyways, I've been driving 5 months now, and i'm only nervouse about the highway anymore.