Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Vegetarians kill animals (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/21776-vegetarians-kill-animals.html)

Miranda_ 11-05-2009 10:04 AM

Vegetarians kill animals

Researcher: Vegetarian Diet Kills Animals Too - ABC News

Basically, to summarise the article; when fields are prepared for crops, the farmers kill several wild animals in order to do this. When a field is to be planted with crops, the habitats of animals are disrupted far more than if cows are put there. Also, farming methods kill wild animals; not just machinery, but also pesticides, too. Therefore, there is no point in vegetarians and vegans smugly saying, "Well, at least my diet ensures that no animals are killed," cuz they are causing the deaths of animals too.

Note; this is not an attack on vegetarians or vegans; merely an observation. If you choose to be veggie, great; just don't make wild statements or condemn those who choose to eat meat.

Silent_Wolf 11-05-2009 10:06 AM

I get flipped out on all the time for eating meat. Yes, I like veggies but I also happen to enjoy a good burger. About every vegetarian at my school is a psycho about it, except for the ones that simply can't eat meat for whatever reason.

I'll have to tell them about this article the next time one of the loonies starts on me. >_<

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 11-05-2009 12:48 PM

As an added bonus, even if you are one of the organic crazy vegetarians, your chances of getting e-coli is much higher because of the manure that is used to grow the crops. In fact, the majority of e-coli cases come from organic foods, how crazy is that?

Miranda_ 11-10-2009 07:10 AM

A vegetarian diet isn't a natural diet for a human, no matter what a lot of veggies might think. Compare the teeth of a human with the teeth of a herbivore and see what I mean.

AaronShadows 11-19-2009 03:26 PM

Meat's fine, just as long as it's not some great hulking half-raw side of beef squelching with blood. XD

Cheshire1996 03-18-2010 01:11 AM

I am a vegetarian...don't get me wrong. I'm under no illusions that I'm 'saving the enviroment single handedly'

I have no problem with meat though, I find it annoying when people move away from me at lunch if they have chicken or ham...makes me wanna yell I REALLY DON'T MIND AND COULDN'T CARE LESS:sad:

AaronShadows 03-18-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miranda_ (Post 877470)
A vegetarian diet isn't a natural diet for a human, no matter what a lot of veggies might think. Compare the teeth of a human with the teeth of a herbivore and see what I mean.

This is true. You can say whatever, but human beings are by far the most lethal species on planet earth. Do you see any animals or fish dropping thermonuclear bombs and annihilating cities? Nope. Even before the dawn of mechanics, we used teamwork and cunning to bring down huge animals like mammoths.

If we were a bunch of leaf-chewers, we wouldn't need to be so dangerous. Hence we'd be much less intelligent, and have different physical features (more balanced towards defense, e.g. bony plating)

Miranda_ 03-18-2010 07:13 PM

There actually was a species of early human around that was vegetarian; A. boisei. This species died out and the human ancestor, Homo Habilis, took over. This was mainly cuz H. Habilis was omnivorious and therefore better adapted to survival; also, the habit of eating meat fed the brain and made it bigger.

So, there you have it. If we were all vegetarians back then, human beings would have never existed cuz we would all have died out before modern times. :lol:

Cheshire1996 03-19-2010 12:29 AM

>.>

O dear, I hope I'm not in danger of dying out xD
I eat way to much to die out though I guess:sad:

Btw please don't get me wrong I have nothing against meat, I'm only a vegetarian since my parents were and I've grown up accustomed to it. Personally I could never go vegan or anything, and yes I know several very unhealthy vegetarians but they only got to be that way through not eating things with sufficient protein ie. tofu, lentils, greens.
>.>
I'm starting to rant like ther old lady who lives next door, I'll stop now, just wanted to say that I wasn't intending to offend anyone

jellydino 05-28-2010 03:56 AM

It still doesn't justify the killing of animals for meat o.O
What happens if the vegetarian grows their own vegetables?
I've never liked meat, its my choice. I don't shun people who eat meat, go ahead. It's not my favourite food, never has been. I hate barbeques. I am a vegetarian, but I'm not a crazy psycho greenie.