Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-28-2010, 03:16 PM

There is no need to "justify" killing animals for meat. There's a little something known as the food chain; are you going to condemn a wolf for killing a deer, or a lion for pouncing on a zebra? If you choose to be vegetarian, then fine; that's your choice. However, you are still causing the deaths of animals, even if you grow your own vegetables. If you put down slug pellets, or use any kind of pesticide, you are killing animals. There's no point in getting on a high horse about this.

Also, how do you know that plants don't feel pain? There's always that possibility.

Do Plants Feel Pain?

Last edited by Miranda_ : 05-28-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 05-28-2010, 04:26 PM

Vegetarians kill plants. :P

When I was younger I always wanted to be a vegetarian. Why? I dunno, I just thought it sounded cool and I love animals. I hated the idea that I was eating something that used to be living and functioning.

But when I got into high school, I realized something. Like Miranda said, you wouldn't punish a carnivorous or omnivorous animal for eating another animal, would you? It seems silly, right? Vegetarian lions and tigers? That would never work. They need to eat those other animals for the nutrients, and to keep the population of their prey under control. Think about how many rabbits there'd be if no other animal ate them? Think about how many babies rabbits have, and how often they have them. I'm pretty sure rabbits wouldn't stop reproduction if there were starting to be too many. They'd just... multiply.

So, really, it's all the food chain. Humans, by nature, are omnivorous animals. We need that meat too, for all the protein it has. You can get protein and other nutrients like it in things like beans and nuts, sure, but you know how much you'd have to eat to get the same amount of protein as somebody who eats meat? It's a lot.

I used to feel guilty for eating meat, but I don't anymore. Cows, chicken, pigs, and other animals were domesticated long ago for us to eat and to give us nourishment. I need their meat, and that's okay. It's part of the food chain.

I don't have a problem with vegetarians, though, I could never be one myself. It's their choice, so whatever. I just wouldn't choose the same. I like chicken too much. XD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-29-2010, 06:33 AM

Same here. XD

The fact is, domesticated cows, pigs, sheep, etc exist for one reason only; to provide milk, meat and skins. There's no other reason for them to be alive if we didn't eat their flesh and drink their milk. Also, arable land destroys habitats far more than land put aside for grazing; trees have to be cut down, and small animal's homes removed.

No-one is saying that people can't be vegetarian. But if someone chooses differently, then don't attack that person and try to lay a guilt trip on them for making the choice to eat meat.