Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Chain Mail (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/21599-chain-mail.html)

Heva_Banana_Mad 09-01-2009 02:15 PM

Chain Mail

I thought I should make this thread as it's a topic that I've never heard discussed.

Share your feelings about chain mail here.
Do you find it annoying?
Do you ever pass it on?
Have you ever received a really memorable one? If so spill the beans.

I personally hate chain mail as it clogs up my inbox and I get the same one millions of times. I have asked my friends numerous times not to send it but they still do.

Once I received this really horrible one about a murderer that raped people. Most of my friends passed it on cause they got really scared and I can understand that.

The ones I really hate are the ones that say if you forward this to 10 people your crush will..... If you pass this on tho 20 people....... and so on.

Anyway enough of my ranting share your thoughts...

Silent_Wolf 09-01-2009 03:14 PM

I only send on ones that are extremely funny, cute, or amusing; and even then, it's only to my family members that send me chainmail. XD

Heva_Banana_Mad 09-01-2009 03:24 PM

Yeah I guess it's ok if it's family members.

Something I think is really pathetic: One of my friends who ALWAYS sends people chain mail sent me and my other friends an email saying don't send her chain mail. I mean WTF? O_o

Silent_Wolf 09-01-2009 03:25 PM

That's hypocritical. O_o I get it from time to time; I'll read it, and if it doesn't really interest me, I just delete it.

Heva_Banana_Mad 09-01-2009 03:31 PM

One thing that annoys me is the fact that you can get the same one over and over again sometimes even from the same person.

Horselover_101 09-01-2009 03:49 PM

i only send ones that don't say "if you send this in __ minutes this will happen to you ________." they are really stupid - i send ones like this one i got it was about a horse that had a fake leg - it was really cute and heart warming

Miranda_ 09-01-2009 06:40 PM

No-one sends me that kind of thing any more now; they have more sense. XD Anything that's an internet petition or a scare story debunked by snopes, gets sent back with the snopes link pertaining to it. My mum occasionally sends me cute stuff, like pictures or poems, which I don't mind.

jordanashley 09-01-2009 07:48 PM

My friend used to send me those cute ones every now and then through email, but I found it annoying so I never sent it on. She doesn't anymore, so I'm glad.

Now other friends of mine send me them through texts. Even if it is something like, "I love you and hope I never lose you! Pass this on to all of your true friends!", I still never forward it. You never know if there's a virus (for emails) or something attached to it and your friends didn't know or something...besides, it's easier to tell them they're your friends face-to-face ^_^. I don't think I've gotten one in a while that's all like, "Send this to 10 people or you'll die at midnight!". I personally absolutely hate those. They're so annoying and not true!

Oh, and a really memorable one...it wasn't mine, but a friend was at my house and she recieved one. It was something about a dead little girl that would be on your ceiling that night and would kill you if you didn't forward it and would "spare you" if you did.

AaronShadows 09-02-2009 11:39 AM

It amuses me actually. I think I have an idea; send a story as a chainmail and when the massacred version gets back to you, save them both and compare. :lol:

Also sounds like an effective way to nuke a Twit'ard forum. xD Twinabs might be stupid enough to pass it round.

Elanorea 09-02-2009 11:50 AM

I absolutely hate, abhor, despise, loathe and detest chain mail. It's always bullcrap like "if you don't repost this over 9000 times in the next five minutes, you're a horrible person and your mom will die!!!" Anyone moronic enough to believe them and arsehole enough to pass them on should do the world a favor and become an hero.

Spamming a Twitard forum with chain letters sounds like a good idea, if not for the danger that it would spread to the other parts of the internet like wildfire.