Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default Zombies - Possibility? - 07-09-2009, 09:11 PM

Right, this is a discussion about the undead (Which I decided to make due to my morbid obsession with necromancy) You can rave about your opinions and thoughts on undead, as well as ways to survive in the event of an actual rising of the dead. (Not likely, but again, Possible! O_o)

Well I doubt there are any in the world right now, but it COULD be possible. If it hasn't been proven impossible, then it isn't, and no one has proven a dead body couldn't be reanimated yet.

Another thing is- Look at all the place myths of zombies originate? There are the voodoo zombie types, and the undead of european legends. Were did those come from?

My ideas for how to survive in the event of a plague:

For one, I'd need to recognise the weaknesses and strengths of the enemy. Here are some definites:

1: Zombies would be dead, and therefore in most cases, rotten. This would present a weakness. Muscles that might have held a lot of strength in life would be soft and mushy, and therefore of little use, whoever the zombie might still be mobile, depending on how long it has been dead.

Needless to say, if the undead was skeletal, it would not respond (If the cause of the zombies had to do with some sort of infection or otherwise) but skeleton undead may still be apparent if the cause was necromantic magic.

Depending on the cause, zombies may or may not regenerate after rebirth to some extent in order to become more mobile and more dangorous. That might represent either a weakness or strength

2: Infectiveness: If the cause was a virus, then the virus may or may not be directly spread from an infected to a clean target. If the cause was some malicious, crazy necromancer, then perhaps the necromancer in question will have a zombie who's killed someone carry the dead body back to them to be raised as another servant.

Ways to avoid infection may differ, but usually, the best way is to keep your distance and Not die XD

3: Weaknesses: zombies might have needs, or might not. Zombies might need to replenish their energy bye eating the matter (Or brains) of those they prey upon. Or they may have other ways of sustaining themselves, or may not even need to consume anything at all, ever.

4: Awareness: Zombies may be of very little intelligence and controlled bye their own basic instincts, or may be partially aware enough to plan, coordinate and work together to some extent. The worst case would be human-level intelligence in zombies who where still vicious and brutal.

Zombies may or may not be controlled bye a human; via means of implants in the zombies, Necrotic magic or the zombies may have a sort of collective intelligence or "Hive mind"

5: Physical power: Zombies may be slow and cumbersome with bad coordination, or they may be extremely fast with predatory reflexes and reaction speed. Depending on weather or not they still suffer from rigor mortis, they may or may not be able to bend their knees and elbows.

They also may or may not have superhuman strength, depending on the state and cause of the zombies in question.

*More in next post!*

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!