Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

View Poll Results: Tabloid or broadsheet?
Broadsheet 0 0%
Tabloid 4 66.67%
The news. XD 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default Tabloid VS broadsheet - 03-23-2009, 12:12 PM

Tabloids are my favorite cuz they're a load of fun. XD Page 3, alien invasions, funny political Lulz.

Broadsheets- these have all the info, but they're mega annoying to carry. =/

I'm on a thread-making rampage. >_> Joking, I'll stop now, rofl.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-23-2009, 02:50 PM

Tabloid. Broadsheets are incredibly boring, and lack funny pages, comic strips and problem pages. XD I usually read either the Sun or the Mirror.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 03-23-2009, 03:18 PM

We get the town paper, which I can't name because it's got our town name in it. XD But sometimes we also get the Pittsburgh Post Gazette and it's pretty interesting at times. I don't really read tabloids, around here they're really stupid. o_o

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 03-24-2009, 06:08 AM

Tabliods are responsible for a lot of ignorance (not to mention racism, sexism ect) in our society. Not that I object to people reading them for the laughs.

I tend to read the Guardian, which can be a bit pretentious at times anything is better than the Daily Mail XD
I love reading our local papers, because nothing happens. The other week they had an article (with a picture and everything) about a horse people assumed dead, when in fact it was asleep ... Nothing happens in the country -_-

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams

Last edited by Doctorwho_gal : 03-24-2009 at 06:12 AM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-24-2009, 06:56 AM

Argh... the Daily Mail is so contentious. X_x And so full of outrage... I have to disagree with your opinion that tabloids are responsible for racism and sexism tho. I don't find anything at all sexist about page 3, seeing as the girl posing is the one earning the pots of money, and have never seen any hint of racism in the Sun at all. Are you just making assumptions, cuz you don't like the tabloids in question?

I read tabloids for the same reason why I read magazines like Chat. Sometimes, especially early in the morning, I don't want to think; just read about basic news and stuff. The thought of reading something like the Guardian makes me feel like yawning; but, each to their own.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Default 03-24-2009, 11:31 AM

I do find page 3 sexist, regardless of whether the women is earning a load of money or not I believe it objectifies the female form. If they had the same of a man, I don't think it would be sexist because they would both be being objectified and gender wouldn't come into it. But thats another debate XD

I suppose when I mention racism I mean the Daily Mail. Its basically too conservative for my liking. I didn't mean to say I thought all tabloids were racist, sorry.

- Douglas Adams

Last edited by Doctorwho_gal : 03-24-2009 at 11:35 AM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 03-24-2009, 11:39 AM

Look, Whogal, girls will do what they want. Now quit banging on about how women shouldn't flash their t'ts, it is THEIR choice, NOT YOURS. Now kindly quit acting as though your opinion is the only one that matters.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Default 03-24-2009, 12:04 PM

Right. OK. Thats seems like a rather violent response. Of course its their choice, I never said it wasn't. I simply said I did believe it was sexist. I'm entitled to share my opinion, as is everyone on here and everyones opinion I respect. I'm not acting as if my opinion is the only one who mattered, I was responding to a comment which interested me. If that offended anyone I'm sorry.

- Douglas Adams
(#9 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 03-24-2009, 12:10 PM

Right. Ok.

That sounds equally violent, and believe me around here you get in the same amount of trouble for being as ignorant to someone as they are to you.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Default 03-24-2009, 12:16 PM

Again, I'm sorry if I offended anyone and I'm sorry if my post sounded violent. I was just defending myself. If anyone sees how I could have done that in a way which sounded less 'violent', enlighten me.

Sorry for sending this totally off topic, by the way.

- Douglas Adams

Last edited by Doctorwho_gal : 03-24-2009 at 01:00 PM.