Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default Politics - 10-14-2008, 07:20 AM

I can't find any politic linked threads until way back, so I decided to start a general politics thread. American or Canadian politics - whatever you want.

I'll start with American.

Well, I don't like Sarah Palin. To me, her views make no sense and she's not very smart of professional. Did anyone else see the Vice-Presidential debate? I did. She winked. Twice. Poor move. And she wouldn't answer half the questions directly.
She wants to teach abstinence instead of safe sex. Now that obviously didn't work for her knocked up teenage daughter Bristol, now did it?
She doesn't respect animal rights. She hunts animals. I can't help think of the poor little things.
The reason I'm so annoyed that people would vote Republican is because McCain may not make it all 4 years - and definitely not 8 - and they Sarah Palin would be the first woman President. Yikes. Just image her in control. O.o Besides, voting Republican would be like voting Bush back in. He and McCain do have very similar views and agree on a lot.

Obama seems like a passionate, caring young guy. I will admit, he lacks some experience, but really and truly, nobody is prepared to be President EXCEPT for the President. It's a big job being the President of a major country.

On to Canadian...

I don't like Dion. Or Layton. Dion I can't understand half the time, and I've grown not to trust the Liberals. Layton seems to think money will just fly from the sky or something. NDP nearly bankrupted both BC and Ontario when they were in charge of those provinces.
Besides, Harper's been doing a good job so far.

Off the topic, anybody notice the price of gas getting lower? xD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 10-14-2008, 03:11 PM

I just want to state that I think Palin is a VERY pathetic excuse for a governor, possible VP, and above all, a pathetic excuse for a MOTHER. You've already stated why. XD

And yes, I've noticed prices getting lower; at the gas station we frequent, it was nearly down to 3 flat dollars today! O.O

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
WHiTELOvEx (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 6 Votes / 3.67 Average
Send a message via MSN to WHiTELOvEx
Default o.o - 10-14-2008, 04:50 PM

Wow, lucky you o_o Me and my mom don't really care about them xD We think there boring. My dad on the other hand.. o.O Thinks there very interesting. I get to stay up this year because I'm much older now o.o There's only an president elected every 4 years-- has it really been that long since bush was elected o.O Well back to the main topic. I'm starting to think politics are fascinating to watch.

EDIT: Oh yes my dad HATES Obama. H-A-T-E-S He doesn't like what hes planning to do. I'm wondering how he'll react if obama wins o.o Sorry to anyone, if you have anything to say o_o I'm just saying what my DAD thinks.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-14-2008, 04:59 PM

Then your father's a Republican? Yikes. Republicans scare me.Like Sarah Palin. If she were elected, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people left America. I sure would. Luckily enough, I'm already living in Canada, so I wouldn't have to move.

I'm not sure I like Obama's policies to the point where I'm in love with him, but they are MUCH better the McCain's and Palin's. I don't like those two. McCain is a Bush clone and Sarah Palin is a sad excuse for a person - in my opinion.

Do you by any chance live down in the southern states? A lot of people down there are Republican and wouldn't want change. And I'm telling you now; nothing will change for the better if McCain wins.

Bush was actually in there for two terms, I believe. If I'm correct, that's 8 years since he was elected for the first time. McCain is old, and if he dies when he's in power, then Sarah Palin will be President for the remaining time. It's a very scary idea.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 10-14-2008, 05:01 PM

This is a question for Hayley: Do you have something like Republican or Democrat in Canada? I was just wondering. ^^

(#6 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-14-2008, 05:14 PM

We have four - correction, five - parties in Canada. But 3 main ones. Conservative, Liberal, and the New Democratic Party (NDP). The other two are the Green party (environmental people) and The Bloc (a French-Canadian based party that wants Quebec to separate from Canada. Needless to say, only French-Canadians vote that for them).

Again, the main ones are Conservative (Leader: Prime Minister Harper), Liberal (Stephan Dion), and NDP (Jack Layton).

For me, politics is less "who I like" and more "who do I dislike the least". I don't like the Liberals or the NDPs, so this year I'm voting Conservative. My second choice would be Green.

Liberals are more like the Democrats and Conservatives are more like Republicans. Though, if I were American I'd vote Democrat, in Canada it's a completely different scenario for me because the Liberals always seem to be lying about everything.

Ah. Well, hopefully he's not voting then because it sounds like he'd vote McCain if he had to choose. As I said, doing such may lead to Sarah Palin in power. I'm not sure who would want that. Oh, right, Republican hunters that like when their VP's wink at them. O.o
(#7 (permalink))
Old
WHiTELOvEx (Offline)
Shuni

Send a message via MSN to WHiTELOvEx
Default 10-14-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHayleyDoll View Post
Then your father's a Republican? Yikes. Republicans scare me.Like Sarah Palin. If she were elected, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people left America. I sure would. Luckily enough, I'm already living in Canada, so I wouldn't have to move.

I'm not sure I like Obama's policies to the point where I'm in love with him, but they are MUCH better the McCain's and Palin's. I don't like those two. McCain is a Bush clone and Sarah Palin is a sad excuse for a person - in my opinion.

Do you by any chance live down in the southern states? A lot of people down there are Republican and wouldn't want change. And I'm telling you now; nothing will change for the better if McCain wins.

Bush was actually in there for two terms, I believe. If I'm correct, that's 8 years since he was elected for the first time. McCain is old, and if he dies when he's in power, then Sarah Palin will be President for the remaining time. It's a very scary idea.
Umm we live central, in Colorado. My dad doesn't like McCain much either.. i don't really know what he likes xD But we live in Colorado.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
CutiezRox121 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Talking 11-04-2008, 05:47 PM

McCain/Palin!

rica
Happy Halloween!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 11-04-2008, 06:50 PM

Today is the day. I think it is going to be a close election. I want Obama to win. We had a mock election at school.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-04-2008, 07:29 PM

The "Canada Votes" (on BiographyChannel.ca) is currently at 86% Obama, 14% McCain. xD

I had the SCARIEST dream last night... And that's amazing, considering I don't have any real fears. It was an "If McCain Won" type thing... O_O He ended up dying, then Palin ended up destroying the Earth and saying it was "God's Will". ... ... ...

O_O SCARY!

Also, I saw this thing that had "IQ per State" and it showed who they voted for last election. The bottom 15 all voted Bush. xD