Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#161 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-07-2009, 11:07 AM

I just don't get how spending more money could fix it. I mean, yeah, the economy here STILL sucks in some ways (harder to get kerosene for heaters and such), but as a result of the crisis we had last year a lot of people have gone off credit cards and started using debit. That may help, as honestly I don't think credit cards helped the economy, period.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#162 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 02-07-2009, 02:03 PM

The only thing that is going to get us out is to create jobs. Similar to the Great Depression, which was world-wide for those of you who don't know, jobs were the solution to that. Public service jobs are the best, then it'll benefit the country and boost the economy.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#163 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-08-2009, 01:50 PM

That's part of the problem though, a lot of the jobs that came up then - elevator operators, telephone operators - those jobs are obsolete now. Personally, I'd like to see a job that can actually work and maybe even make people friendlier with each other at least on a weekly basis.

Note: I'd rather this job NOT be open to nasty female-dog-type-women because honestly, that would kill it.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#164 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-11-2009, 09:40 PM

Hey, I found this political cartoon I thought some of you would enjoy. I'll also put the link at which I found it.

LINK

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#165 (permalink))
Old
eliginorski (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-11-2009, 10:36 PM

Just want to clear something up on a comment about the political parties in Canada made in an earlier post...don't particularly feel like finding it right now...
There are way more than just five parties in Canada, it's just that only four are represented in the House of Commons. There are approximately fifteen other parties that are recognized by Elections Canada and bunch that are unregistered but have been recently active during the last few years.

"I have always valued my lifelessness."

~Tik Tok (Return to Oz)
(#166 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 03-11-2009, 11:07 PM

I know there are more, but I said those were the main ones.

There's some pretty funny ones, actually. Including the Marijuana party. xD
(#167 (permalink))
Old
eliginorski (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-11-2009, 11:22 PM

Yeah...
The neorhino.ca party is hilarious, it's the successor for the Rhinoceros Party.
Also, something that I found interesting: the leader of the Rhinoceros Party actually legally changed his name to Satan...

"I have always valued my lifelessness."

~Tik Tok (Return to Oz)
(#168 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default *Grin* ROFLMAO!! - 03-24-2009, 05:03 AM

Cowen hung out to dry in National Gallery hijack

The artistic community finally pitches in against the political joke of a Biffo that's in charge of my country. >:D

Stupid fat Offaly morons. XDDD

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant