Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#121 (permalink))
Old
WHiTELOvEx (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 6 Votes / 3.67 Average
Send a message via MSN to WHiTELOvEx
Default 11-05-2008, 11:13 AM

Hayley, Did you know Patins Gov. of Alaska? o.o People like her too. o_O I have a friend thats from Alaska also ^-^

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#122 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-05-2008, 03:36 PM

Yes, I knew that. I know everything. xD

Read my sentence again. I said the "nobody here likes Palin", after mentioning I was talking about the Canadian population.

People who like Palin might need to have their brain checked. Heck, she doesn't know who my country's Prime Minister is. She is THAT dumb. And she's a GOVERNOR of ALASKA (right on Canada's border!), for crying outloud and she was a VP-candidate! That is SAD!

Here's the low down on why McCain had NO chance.

1) Age: he is 72 years old, which would make him the oldest first-term president EVER. He was much more likely to die in office then Obama.
2) Palin: Out of the four I shall list, this is the only one he really had control over. Palin REALLY hurt his campaign. Before she was really known, she had an approval rate of 60%. After the VP debate, speeches, and of course the Katie Couric interview, her approval rate was below 40%... 37%, or something. Had McCain chose someone else, maybe he wouldn't have been hurt so much - he may have even pulled people more toward him.
3) Bush: The least popular president ever. Only president close to his approval rate (somewhere between 10-20%) was the president during the Great Depression. As much as McCain wanted to distance himself from Bush, their policies were still very similar, and people didn't want another President Bush.
4) Economy: Times are bad in America when it comes to the economy, and since a Republican - Bush - has been in charge for the last 8 years (the majority of the decline happened the past 6 years), people don't want another Republican. Though Bill Clinton made the first bad move, Bush has been in office during this time and he didn't do anything to fix it when he could have because he didn't listen to the warnings.

So really, was it possible for a Republican to win under such circumstances? I'm not sure, but it definitely seems like it would have been a difficult task.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#123 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-05-2008, 04:11 PM

i dont like obama, but i not surprised he won....

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
(#124 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-05-2008, 04:21 PM

How come no Republicans have been brave enough to tell me why you would have considered voting McCain?

Seriously though, I'm still in complete disapproval after I found out Palin had no idea who our Prime Minister was considering she was a candidate for VP and Canada is America's closest ally...
(#125 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 11-05-2008, 04:29 PM

I'm going to be honest, I don't know who it is either, but this is more because I'm a social recluse than anything else. XD

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#126 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-05-2008, 04:36 PM

Stephan Harper. But still. Palin is a governor. Canada is America's closest ally. She is an idiot. -_-
(#127 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-05-2008, 05:04 PM

And you think she would know because she lives sooo close to Canadian borders. I'm just glad that she's not VP!

WoooH! Obama! XD

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#128 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 11-05-2008, 05:19 PM

Obama kicked McCain's butt! I guess the political term is a landslide.

(#129 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-05-2008, 05:28 PM

lol. XD

364 to 169 I believe..

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#130 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 11-05-2008, 05:44 PM

I knew Obama was going to win. Wow, a democrat becoming president. XD